Page 189 of 424 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 199 239 289 389 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    The owners at the new place my mom is working at was really abusive to her. She called me cussing and crying about how horrible they were, and she never does that. It was her first shift there and they were calling her stupid, other demeaning things (these are the OWNERS). I told her she should have left mid-shift... She's definitely not going back. I would have gone and screamed at them if I had known sooner how fucking dare they treat my mother this way. I told my brother and he's angry too, saying he would have gone with me.

Mom won't tell me where this was, but I'm going to try getting it out of her anyways. I'm going to go talk to them, just tell them calmly that this is not how you treat another human being... And that I'm telling my friends, family, and broadcasting on Facebook what happened and not to eat there. Not if their business practice is this unethical and cruel.

Ugh let this be the one time I don't start shaking in my shoes from anxiety and fear. I want to say it while other customers are there, but that is frightening. But still, you can't just let someone bully your mother or father to the extent they did. It's a matter of fucking principle.

Edit: Because I'm an insufferable pedant, I also know they violated BC's Bill 14 Bullying and Harassment Act.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got quite a sunburn at the beach today it hurts lol

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My new friends invited me to a party tonight at our college. When I lived on campus the parties always scared the crap out of me and I stayed away, but now that I live at home, I'd be more than glad to get out.
    I trust these kids but at the same time any party scenario is going to give me massive social anxiety. I'm just going to hide in a corner and get a bit tipsy by myself, I think. That sounds like the safest way to go.
    Ugh I hate having SA. It sucks the fun out of every social interaction imaginable.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My dog just farted and the smell is deadly :#

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    My dog just farted and the smell is deadly :#
    !!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Super anxious today, especially right at this moment. Scared that I am not doing enough in this relationship of mine. I feel as if I had done something wrong... even though nothing has come out to show that I have. BF hasn't pointed out anything, nor has he acted strangely.

Anxiety and paranoia is such a bitch.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Is anyone as retarded as me? Applying to job postings, and being terrified that (a) no one will reply, and (b) that someone will reply, and I'll have to go for an interview and potentially the whole newbie process. Alone. In a city where I know no one and nothing.

Obviously the first one is worse, but I'm applying to my first job in eastern Canada and feel terror at hitting the send button. Even though I know it's very unlikely I'll get hired.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Somehow I've pulled a pectoral muscle :/ Didn't even think I had those. It hurts like a b*tch right where my chest meets my ribcage.
    Owww... *whines*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    I am SPAMMING this thread but I am shitting bricks. Oh my god, I'm going 3500 km alone to a place that's more Mars than Montreal, and my overprotective smothering parents don't know yet. It's in two weeks. And my finances are very limited. And I can't speak the local language.

Also may as well add this unpopular opinion here: If you're THIS terrified of your daughter getting raped, even at the ripe old age of 22, then you should have just aborted your female fetus. My Mom the other day- "You're still little." Ugh, the perils of being born female.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    I am SPAMMING this thread but I am shitting bricks. Oh my god, I'm going 3500 km alone to a place that's more Mars than Montreal, and my overprotective smothering parents don't know yet. It's in two weeks. And my finances are very limited. And I can't speak the local language.

Also may as well add this unpopular opinion here: If you're THIS terrified of your daughter getting raped, even at the ripe old age of 22, then you should have just aborted your female fetus. My Mom the other day- "You're still little." Ugh, the perils of being born female.
    it must feel kind of surreal, being in your home knowing things will change so abruptly but, I don't know, I've found we can go through these changes, especially someone like you who is good at identifying the steps to take and taking them....one at a time. You'll know what's best.

*big hugs*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been rather on-edge still. I'm constantly feeling like I'm doing stuff wrong. Helped the BF with stuff in Photoshop by sending him steps to take, but he later asked couldn't I just make a PDF file so he could mess with things himself. I know he didn't want me to take so much time and effort to do something so simple; it did take me a while as well to put things together.... but eh, I just now feel like I'm not that smart to figure how to do things in more simple ways. He didn't do anything wrong though. It's just something I already noticed about myself.

I wish my parents had given me the independence and space for me to do things myself. Now I'm barely trying to figure out how to do things for myself and it's painful seeing how I don't know how to take shortcuts right away. I wish I had figured all this out a long time ago. I don't even feel like an adult...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fucking cough. Fucking allergies. I'm hacking up a lung here.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Quote Kesky View Post
    it must feel kind of surreal, being in your home knowing things will change so abruptly but, I don't know, I've found we can go through these changes, especially someone like you who is good at identifying the steps to take and taking them....one at a time. You'll know what's best.

*big hugs*
    It's one thing to plan, it's another to actually go through with your plans.

The main things giving me anxiety are (a) my mom and her side of the family and (b) loneliness, and (c) financial stress- in the short and "long term" (I put this in quotes because I'm pretty sure I'll find that my paradigm won't change with a different environment, and that my body has been right in telling me to end its misery).

It's mainly (a) right now making me [BEEP] bricks at leaving. I don't think anyone understands (except maybe a few other girls here) just how paranoid my Mom and her side of the family is... I think if they could slap a bracelet on me that would monitor my location 25/7, they would. Or lock me in a closet because ZOMG if I take a step out of the house some dark and grubby man could grab me and rape me! Jesus god so just because I'm a woman, nighttime walks (my favourite) are never to be taken? While at my cousin's the other night, my uncle (all mom's side) was like, "You're still a girl, [so the paranoia is justified and necessary]."

I didn't tell them that I know what my risks are and I would rather take them than go through life scared. Hell, I can point to my Mom and say, "You go out at night alone! You stay out at night alone! And you're smaller than I am. What about THAT?"

And it's not just if I go out at night. She wants to know where I am at ALL times. Even if it's in broad daylight. Even if I do go out at night, it's not like I'm doing blow at skeezy places with questionable people. I'm probably just at a fucking 24 hour Tim Hortons trying to think.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so tired of worrying about what other people think. I'm scared of putting myself out there because I'm terrified of coming off as an attention whore. But it's also a bad thing not putting myself out there. *sigh*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    I'm so tired of worrying about what other people think. I'm scared of putting myself out there because I'm terrified of coming off as an attention whore. But it's also a bad thing not putting myself out there. *sigh*
    I can totally relate to this
    I'm in the same boat right now, I feel like when I'm social and talkative other people read it as me wanting attention, but when I'm quiet and withdrawn they judge me for that too and think I'm plain weird... And it doesn't help me when I don't try to make friends.
    People are just a difficult species to figure out. I hear ya.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.