Page 195 of 424 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 295 395 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mom gets more and more ridiculous each day. She and dad are attending a funeral this morning, and they insist on taking my car. She claims she doesn't want to take her car because it's supposedly in such bad shape that it could easily break down. Well, that's BS because they take that car for their errands literally day and all is fine, so what's the problem? It's quite clear to me that she's scared of people at the funeral seeing her drive up in a crappy-looking car. Seems like she's like that with other Vietnamese people... she only takes my car when she goes to the Vietnamese community, then when she comes back to shop at Walmart or something, she decides to switch to her car.

This is pathetic. She doesn't like bringing me around her parents either. I apparently don't make her look good.

Gah, they're gonna use that car then bring it back with hardly any gas. They do this almost every time they use my car...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post

Gah, they're gonna use that car then bring it back with hardly any gas. They do this almost every time they use my car...
    My mum pretty much only takes my car when she cannot have her own but the gas thing drives me nuts - she will empty it and just leave it without saying anything. Dad will fill it if he takes it though.
    life---> <---me

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    a bully has come out of the woodwork and i just see where nobody gives a damn that im gonna have to fight to protect myself. i thought i was done with fighting. why are bullies always given power over innocent people?
    *Sigh...* I hear ya loud and clear on that one, Chanty
    If I knew the answer to that, I'd probably have suffered a lot less in my lifetime thus far.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    My mum pretty much only takes my car when she cannot have her own but the gas thing drives me nuts - she will empty it and just leave it without saying anything. Dad will fill it if he takes it though.
    My dad used to refill it, but not anymore.

I'm still irritated about this car thing from this morning. I was originally going to go to the funeral as well, but neither of my parents wanted me to come for whatever reason. Although, I know that my mom often feels I make her look bad and/or she hates the attention I get when we visit relatives or family friends because they rarely ever get to see me (all because my parents refuse to bring me + my brother around them).

I don't get why she is so terrified of relatives thinking we're not too well off like they are. Everyone already knows we are not better off. Everyone else has their own house, living in nice areas... and we live in a little apartment in a crappy neighborhood. If I told her to stop worrying about what other people think, she'll just throw a huge tantrum like a child, claiming I do not care about her concerns. I really don't... and I don't have the same concerns as her. I don't have a problem with pulling up to a funeral in a shitty car. A car's a car. You're at a fuckin' funeral. People are hurting. There may be folks in attendance who will care about how you arrive and what you arrive in, but who the hell cares. It's a FUNERAL.

She always somehow finds ways to make things herself, regardless of the situation/event. I just know she'll do this on the day of my graduation ceremony.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Microsoft Outlook is giving me an aneurysm.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Found out that it wasn't just my allergies acting up, I have a viral respiratory infection, and now both my brothers and possibly my mom have caught it from me Man, do I feel like a douche now
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My stomach is still fairly upset. I took .5mg clonazepam last night so I could sleep. I hate taking them to sleep it's such a damn waste, but there's no way I would have slept otherwise. I don't cope well with stomach ailments (though I'm no stranger to them, I couldn't tell if this was a flu symptom or just IBS).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Should not have read that...so lonely

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This morning my cat showed up with a bleeding bald spot on top of her head we suspect that she was attacked by a bird, maybe an owl...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wish my daughter would have been honest with me.

Guys, don't ever promise your parents something knowing full well you're going to back out.

It hurts.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I wish my daughter would have been honest with me.

Guys, don't ever promise your parents something knowing full well you're going to back out.

It hurts.
    What happened, Cindy?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, today is not my day
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Had only 5 hours to sleep, awakean hour early and woke at least 3 times every hour
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stomach not responding too well to KFC.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    What happened, Cindy?
    Thank you for asking, my friend. My daughter told me she was coming with her family to my house for Easter. I was all excited that my grandkids would see my "treehouse." I got Easter eggs, Easter baskets, cookie decorating kits, toys, everything for a fun day.

She called me on Friday to tell me she was sick and the car had trouble, so they weren't coming. I was disappointed, but understood.

Last weekend her family and my son went with me to a Renaissance fair and my son rode with them. My youngest son came this past weekend to my house and we had a great time. But he let it slip that my daughter was talking to her husband in the car about trying to get out of coming for Easter. It's a 4 hour drive to my house, so I can see why they would want to wait till this summer. Then they will move to a closer town and will be less than 2 hours away.

But I wish my daughter would have been honest with me. I would not have spent money on a ham and dinner stuff. Or gotten the eggs for the egg hunt. Or all the Easter baskets with toys. And I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

She's done this before and I just wish she would be honest, so I won't get my hopes up.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.