Page 21 of 424 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 221 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to replace the brakes on my moms car tomorrow. The rotors and a brake caliper too. I find it hard to get motivated to do this type of [BEEP] when i'm not being paid. Although, it's mama, and it's a rent free environment. I gotta do it! It's gonna be cold, and i have little time to do it after she gets home before it gets dark. Not looking forward to it.
    I'm this way with everything, but it's not because i'm lazy. I'm truly not. This isn't even a hard job. I don't know what the hell my problem is.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn muscle cramps are acting up again. I feel like I'm wearing a corset!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really fit in anywhere in the world... not in real life, not here... I'm just wasting everybody else's oxygen and time

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Feel tired and ill nearly all the time. Though I have an unhealthy lifestyle so it's not entirely inexplicable.

JustGaara's Avatar Hurt Good.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3.5 pages left on this stupid paper and my brain is not working because I haven't slept. I had a nice foray into writing for money but I think I'll just get a real job once I'm done with this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    My professor was really mean to me two nights ago, and it is just starting to sink in.

I sent her two emails, one telling her that I got half of the assignments turned in, and the other one saying that I had all of them turned in. Both were returned.

So I wait a few days, and then send her another email, asking "did you get my emails?" It was a courtesy email, because I wasn't sure she had gotten them. She sent back a really sharp email, saying that she had and that she would email me every time she graded one of my assignments.

Cue Monday night. She approaches me, and tells me that she will get everything graded soon, and that I should "stop complaining about my grades." She points out that I have a 93% in the class, and that it's nothing to complain about. I get really insecure, and start apologizing.

I feel terrible, mostly because I couldn't stand up for myself. And I know she is under stress; the class is 3 weeks behind, and we only have two weeks left in the semester. But that was no reason to have a go at me, because I was never complaining about my grades!

It says in the syllabus to email the professor, once you turn in a late assignment, so that they know how to grade it. I was just going by the syllabus.

And now I have the problem of having to email her again tonight, and ask her where the homework assignments for this week to do are, because they sure aren't up on Blackboard!
    A former partner of mine was an academic to do with marine biology. Academics get very stressed and can be under tight deadlines from their immediate superiors.

I know you felt terrible and the thing is you did stand up for yourself. Maybe not in the way you thought you had to but you still did. You did what you needed to do and that is standing up for yourself.

A 93% in class is amazing. We have a different way of doing things in the UK but I wish I'd got that kind of percent in my studies. How she spoke to you probably was a little bit off but I'm sure as someone who has felt anxiety and stress in the past that things can occasionally get on top of people and make them say things they don't really mean to say.

Good advice already given. Take a deep breath, do what you have to do and trust yourself.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm tired of dreaming intensely and vividly for what feels like all night every night.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the second time I've bought groceries and forgot to bring them in from the car. To the cow whose milk was pumped for that gallon: I'm sorry your sacrifice was in vain.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know you can hide your Facebook friend count from others, but I wish there was some way to hide it from myself. I always feel bad when I see it go down, even when I know it probably has nothing to do with me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My company just announced they sold our site to another company. Anxiety levels are high right now.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote gilt View Post
    My company just announced they sold our site to another company. Anxiety levels are high right now.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Insomnia tonight...Going through a lot of negative emotions right now. How sometimes I wish that I could just walk away.

I'm sure I'll find the light switch here eventually, I just need to vent.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just pulled a "Chicken Little" over something, and was completely wrong.

*facepalm*

How embarrassing!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just cleaned the bathroom and now my face skin is burning from the fumes. Darn shower gets me evertim

JustGaara's Avatar Hurt Good.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so tired but these sharp stabbing pains in my temple keep waking me up when I drift off to sleep. I feel like I'm dying. Crazy anxious right now.

Page 21 of 424 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 221 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.