Page 256 of 424 FirstFirst ... 56 156 206 246 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 6354
    Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Trying to make important phone calls with a migraine (yet to be relieved by medication) is both exhausting and nauseating.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm so anxious right now, my car is being tested and i just know something will be wrong with it
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Um that I suck at everything and I am totally not equipped for this job.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasted $7 on a mcdonald's combo. The fries are decent... but this chicken bacon clubhouse sandwich i got was gross..

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My soon-to-be aunt sent me a text today asking if I was bringing a guest to the wedding. Who I told her no she answered with, "Okay..." I can't see why they'd expect me to have a significant other since they know I don't even have friends

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Today was not my day in just about every way imaginable. But for that, there's booze! I'm supposed to be enjoying these last few days before the [BEEP] hits the fan anyway.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    Today was not my day in just about every way imaginable. But for that, there's booze! I'm supposed to be enjoying these last few days before the [BEEP] hits the fan anyway.
    The cause too, and solution too all of lifes problems!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    The cause too, and solution too all of lifes problems!
    It's true. My day is so much better now. The amount of fucks I don't give right now is hard to comprehend.

Cheers!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Friends' bitterness annoying me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote GunnyHighway View Post
    My soon-to-be aunt sent me a text today asking if I was bringing a guest to the wedding. Who I told her no she answered with, "Okay..." I can't see why they'd expect me to have a significant other since they know I don't even have friends
    Probably formality because they have to calculate number of tables, number of chairs, number of plates etc. Weddings are shrouded in weird rules and etiquette and politeness and little baggies of candies and over embellished cards. Just dress nice, and smile your way through it, nothing else is expected from you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote fluke View Post
    I've been in a similar situation, taking a course after a long period of social isolation. For me it turned out surprisingly well and it's been the best period of my adult life, especially friends-wise. Those previous years I got so used to what depression feels like, so just feeling neutral made me happy.

I can imagine how nervous you must be now. But, despite the anxiety, just try to be yourself like you're here on the forum. No doubt that practically everyone will love your humorous personality.
    Good luck and try to approach it with a positive mindset. I think that helped me the most.
    Mostly I'm trying not to think about it, because no matter what I imagine it will be like (good situation or bad) I will be wrong since obviously it's just something my mind came up with. So I can't allow myself to think about it. I would be let down regardless. If that makes any sense. As much as I'd like to, because this isn't a situation where I get to prepare myself mentally ahead of time. I've got nothing to compare it to and so I have no idea what to expect. It kills me that there's nothing I can do about the anticipatory anxiety.

Thanks for the kind words . I hope I find people I can be myself around, or at least feel comfortable enough to be myself in the first place. Anyway, it's always good to hear from somebody who went through something similar, and I'm glad your experience was positive. It gives me a little bit of hope for mine.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I want to celebrate but no one to celebrate with...
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My boyfriend never contacted me today and I feel lonely. Going to try and sleep it off
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote fluke View Post
    Have you checked if there's a Facebook page of your course? It eased my mind a lot when I found a fb page that was created to ask questions, you could also see a list with people who would attend the course. I memorized all their names, so that was one less worry!
    We don't have anything like that, unfortunately. Besides, I deactivated my FB last year and would very much like for it to stay that way. I'm bad with remembering names, so I probably would have done the same thing you did. I saw my classmates at orientation a couple months ago, but I didn't get to learn any of their names because I'm awkward and probably don't belong on planet Earth with the amount of social skills I lack. >.<
    If aliens ever visit us, I could probably talk to them no problem.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote fluke View Post
    I'm so sick of being uncomfortable in social situations. I feel like my quality of life can only reach around 50% of its potential.
    This is how I felt today. Unexpected lunch date to discuss wedding-related stuff. I feel like I would have been able to "fake it" more had there not been someone there to know how much I was bullshitting my way through the conversation.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.