Page 286 of 424 FirstFirst ... 86 186 236 276 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 296 336 386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    I've been really down since the temp went up to 90. Being unable to get comfortable makes me feel so helpless. It sucks because this is the weather everyone else loves. I hate the way I get sad whenever everyone else gets happy, and vice versa

I wish the temperature would go up here but I know once it does I'd regret wanting that. I hate it really hot but with I didn't need a raincoat going out. Do you not like the sun?
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    I wish the temperature would go up here but I know once it does I'd regret wanting that. I hate it really hot but with I didn't need a raincoat going out. Do you not like the sun?
    You could say I don't like weather. I'm generally fine with the sun, and I like it in all months that aren't summer. Temperate weather lasts only a few weeks here (like 3) before the heat advisories arrive, warning us not to spend more than half an hour out there. Unfortunately it's the sun that roasts the town to a dangerous level, and with it come hordes of bikers on unmuffled Harleys, straight past my bedroom window.

So warm sun=crazy-hot here, and warm sun also=LOUD. All of which prevents me from sleeping for my night-shift job.

I hear ya on not wanting to wear a rain slicker outside. Lol, right after I posted the above, we got a cold front (and a record low for June 1st), along with windy thunderstorms. I don't have a slicker but it would be nice to not need an umbrella or waterproof shoes too!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My mom always pointing out my physical flaws whenever we skype .. "Your eyebrows are way too thin! It looks vulgar", "you have a double chin", "your hair looks neglected". Thanks mom way to make me feel confident

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    My mom always pointing out my physical flaws whenever we skype .. "Your eyebrows are way too thin! It looks vulgar", "you have a double chin", "your hair looks neglected". Thanks mom way to make me feel confident
    She is nuts! You are gorgeous, and never think otherwise

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    She is nuts! You are gorgeous, and never think otherwise
    that's kind of you to say Jerry, thanks

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    finally went to the hairdressers today and I didn't like the result I'm feeling really self conscious right now... it's depressing. I hope I'll get used to it quickly

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I agree with Jerry. Mom of the year award goes tooo....not your mom. Maybe she should worry about her own damn self. Disgusting behaviour coming from someone who is supposed to make you feel beautiful.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    I agree with Jerry. Mom of the year award goes tooo....not your mom. Maybe she should worry about her own damn self. Disgusting behaviour coming from someone who is supposed to make you feel beautiful.
    Thank you for your words, Illusion <3
    Yesterday I went to get a haircut (my mom was kinda right about it looking neglected, tbh) and I didn't like the way it looked after the haircut because of the way the hairdresser styled it, but then I washed it again at home and styled it in a different way and now I'm happy enough about it. So I sent my family a picture through our Whatsapp family group (which we use to communicate daily with my parents and siblings) and my mom wrote "it looks alright, but I think it's way too short" Both my brother and my sister immediately jumped in and said "that's not true, Dani, your hair looks great" "mom is never happy about anything.. don't listen to her"
    She used to be even harsher with my sister than she's ever been with me. She's very critical of herself as well. She's always talking about getting cosmetic surgery. No wonder my siblings and I have body image problems. The worst part is that I know she's just repeating her own mother's behavior. My mom grew up hearing awful things from my grandma. The difference is that my mom has always been a very dedicated mother, while her mother was a complete [BEEP] and neglected her children. My mom has lots of qualities and I love her to pieces, but old habits die hard.
    here's what my hair looks like now (I'm surprised she didn't point out that I look like I have a squint )

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psdslhoywt.jpg

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    here's what my hair looks like now (I'm surprised she didn't point out that I look like I have a squint )

You are gorgeous. Don't make me bopa you again!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thank you for your words, Illusion <3
    Yesterday I went to get a haircut (my mom was kinda right about it looking neglected, tbh) and I didn't like the way it looked after the haircut because of the way the hairdresser styled it, but then I washed it again at home and styled it in a different way and now I'm happy enough about it. So I sent my family a picture through our Whatsapp family group (which we use to communicate daily with my parents and siblings) and my mom wrote "it looks alright, but I think it's way too short" Both my brother and my sister immediately jumped in and said "that's not true, Dani, your hair looks great" "mom is never happy about anything.. don't listen to her"
    She used to be even harsher with my sister than she's ever been with me. She's very critical of herself as well. She's always talking about getting cosmetic surgery. No wonder my siblings and I have body image problems. The worst part is that I know she's just repeating her own mother's behavior. My mom grew up hearing awful things from my grandma. The difference is that my mom has always been a very dedicated mother, while her mother was a complete [BEEP] and neglected her children. My mom has lots of qualities and I love her to pieces, but old habits die hard.

I always do that haha, go home and re-wash and style it the way I normally do. Not that I do much styling, but still. Your new haircut is cute and looks great on you! Who is she to say it's too short? It's not her hair. You're the only one qualified to determine proper shortness lol. Old habits die hard indeed. Glad your siblings are supportive. <3

My mom's great too, but contributed to how I view myself through being hypocritical in the messages she tried to send. There's a mixed message sent when you tell your daughter she's beautiful and then turn to yourself in the mirror and proceed to hate on your own "flaws". She never intentionally did anything to harm my self esteem and I'd still have body issues regardless, but that didn't exactly help. She recently wanted to buy the ugliest pair of sunglasses because they would "take the attention away from her face". What a horrible thing to say about yourself. Now the roles have kinda reversed where I tell her her hair looks nice today, or I really like her outfit.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Going back to school again. Thinking over and over how much college fucked me up mentally and just broke down earlier. Thank god this [BEEP] only lasts a year because I honestly don't know if my body can do it much longer than that. I really hope everything is smooth sailing cause I'm afraid my anxiety will fully take over and I'll just say [BEEP] it and drop out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I cant sleep....i need to be up in 4 hours....mmmmmm.....
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just not in a good head space at all. And I'm having an accident prone day. I've already stepped on glass and rammed my skull into the fridge, which resulted in a massive headache.
    And my shoulder's screwed up again! Wtf. I don't know if it's something I'm doing with my exercises or the way I'm sleeping or what. Either way, it's getting fucking old. I just shook the undiagnosed hip pain for the umpteenth time and I'm stuck with various other ailments that are mostly the result of me being an idiot.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Heart Palpitations coming and going all day - got my interview date and I'm shitting myself
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Jeg lag.
    And my feet are in sooo much pain after walking around NYC from 7am to 8pm. But I'm loving this trip!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.