Page 369 of 424 FirstFirst ... 169 269 319 359 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 379 419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    I am in serious mourning. I cannot believe Chris Cornell, one of the most talented and gifted artists, lyricists, vocalists of my generation is gone, at 52. I'm in shock. I had a serious man crush on that dude. He was....just amazing, simply amazing I had just posted some of his songs.
    I agree I liked his music too, they think he killed himself but I don't know for sure.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ That's what everyone is saying. My favorite radio station is playing at least one of his songs every hour today. The morning show that I listen to every day was just....brutal this morning. There were people calling in crying. This may sound kind of ridiculous to some people, and...I don't normally get into celebrities and all that. But it brings out so many emotions in me. My heart is so, soooo heavy today, it is just so goddamned sad on so many different levels. He left behind a wife and kids, ffs.

I don't understand how someone so talented, with so much love to give, how someone who brought so much joy to other people's lives and helped them through some of their darkest hours could just end everything. There are people that just do not comprehend how devastating it is for those left behind when a loved one takes their own life. I will never, ever be the same after my gf's suicide five years ago. Ever. I will always be in therapy, I will always have PTSD because I witnessed that, and I will always be just really, really f-ed up, beyond help really.

I'm not a very religious person, at all, but I've been praying for his wife and kids today. His music helped me through some pretty dark times. Through my divorce. Through the death of my girlfriend. How fucking ironic is that. Smdh. It's just really sad to me, I don't even have words. I've been really low, just really sad all day today. You'll really, really be missed, Chris. The world is a worse off place without you here, my brother. I can't....even listen to this song...but I feel like I should post it here.

You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    InvisibleGuy,
    I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. You don't have to apologize or question why you feel so sad. You were deeply moved by his music and that's enough. You are also really being triggered right now as your girlfriend did something horrific in front of you. You will most likely have ptsd all of your life, as I don't think there is a cure so let yourself feel whatever you're feeling. I think that's what a psychiatrist would say. Also, someone I admire recently wrote "breathe". Just breathe when you feel overwhelmed. In through your nose, out through your mouth.
    I'm sure I didn't help but I want you to know that I care.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ Thank you for that. You did help. I just feel like I'm being over-emotional, and irrational. It's not like I every met him or knew him personally. I did see him live, the first time when I was around 20 years old (late eighties, early nineties) and the last time was twenty years later. A lot of his songs trigger memories, emotions I have wrt my ex-gf. I just feel like I'm giving up on the human race, ffs. You're right, I'm totally being triggered. I just need to breathe, thank you Jamie.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You 'feel' like your being over emotional and irrational, but you're not.
    Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel. Music is always very helpful to me, so I understand. Often, it's the only way I can express what I need to say, or am trying to say. Hard to explain.
    I'm glad I helped. Be gentle with yourself.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm a mess.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    ^ That's what everyone is saying. My favorite radio station is playing at least one of his songs every hour today. The morning show that I listen to every day was just....brutal this morning. There were people calling in crying. This may sound kind of ridiculous to some people, and...I don't normally get into celebrities and all that. But it brings out so many emotions in me. My heart is so, soooo heavy today, it is just so goddamned sad on so many different levels. He left behind a wife and kids, ffs.

I don't understand how someone so talented, with so much love to give, how someone who brought so much joy to other people's lives and helped them through some of their darkest hours could just end everything. There are people that just do not comprehend how devastating it is for those left behind when a loved one takes their own life. I will never, ever be the same after my gf's suicide five years ago. Ever. I will always be in therapy, I will always have PTSD because I witnessed that, and I will always be just really, really f-ed up, beyond help really.

I'm not a very religious person, at all, but I've been praying for his wife and kids today. His music helped me through some pretty dark times. Through my divorce. Through the death of my girlfriend. How fucking ironic is that. Smdh. It's just really sad to me, I don't even have words. I've been really low, just really sad all day today. You'll really, really be missed, Chris. The world is a worse off place without you here, my brother. I can't....even listen to this song...but I feel like I should post it here.

The same thing happen to robin williams and he had a wife and kids. I always thought I would be happier with more money but it wont really even though I want it so bad. I had no idea chris cornell had kids. I remeber chris mentioning kurt cobain on why he killed himself in an interview and now its happen to him now.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    The same thing happen to robin williams and he had a wife and kids. I always thought I would be happier with more money but it wont really even though I want it so bad. I had no idea chris cornell had kids. I remeber chris mentioning kurt cobain on why he killed himself and now its happen to him now.
    Yeah. I'm sure he was surrounded by a loving family, wife, kids, millions of fans, more money than he could ever hope to spend, but I guess he still felt completely alone and helpless. Which is why it's so sad....he gave so, so much, to so many people.

I can also see the other side of it, because I've been on the other side of a suicide. I know how his wife is feeling right now. I know how his kids are feeling right now. They are just....beyond devastated, they are probably still in denial, or somewhere between denial and disbelief. They're having so many feelings rush at them right now that they can't possibly even deal with them all, they're completely overwhelmed, emotionally.

It's a very sad, and very cruel, and very selfish thing to do imo. Mostly....it's just really sad because there's obviously no going back. And there is no picking up the pieces, no silver lining, no resolution. His family, the people that were closest to him...they are just f*cked. They're going to be in therapy, or dealing with this another way, maybe a much less healthier way, for the rest of their lives. It's never going to go away. They're never going to recover from it.

Hug the ones you love.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Something bothering me? Yeah, depressed as all fuck. I dont get how being so is like a coming outta the closet of sorts and in my case, doing so results in [BEEP] from people. Why cant someome feel like total [BEEP] if they want to, and just be left alone to deal with it, if nothing more positive?

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    Something bothering me? Yeah, depressed as all fuck. I dont get how being so is like a coming outta the closet of sorts and in my case, doing so results in [BEEP] from people. Why cant someome feel like total [BEEP] if they want to, and just be left alone to deal with it, if nothing more positive?
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Did you have a bad experience with friends / family when you told them?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Did you have a bad experience with friends / family when you told them?
    I did in the past to the point Im really closed off now and always say everything is ok even when it isn't. My love tells me i can talk to him but he is dealing with his own things right now so I dont tell him even if he asks me. Sis thinks it may be cfs related too as im feeling extremely weak as well; I tried to pick up the autoharp today and tried the guitar yesterday and Im just too burned and bummed out to manage and cant sing at all.....which really sucks cuz I have 3 work days in a row soon performing. I never had good experience opening up to people, but these days im starting to more. I came from a lot of people who said to be depressed or to cry was weak and to be looked down upon....but tbh, that is totally rediculous...so im trying to more

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    I did in the past to the point Im really closed off now and always say everything is ok even when it isn't. My love tells me i can talk to him but he is dealing with his own things right now so I dont tell him even if he asks me. Sis thinks it may be cfs related too as im feeling extremely weak as well; I tried to pick up the autoharp today and tried the guitar yesterday and Im just too burned and bummed out to manage and cant sing at all.....which really sucks cuz I have 3 work days in a row soon performing. I never had good experience opening up to people, but these days im starting to more. I came from a lot of people who said to be depressed or to cry was weak and to be looked down upon....but tbh, that is totally rediculous...so im trying to more
    I think there's nothing wrong with not sharing with people if you don't want to. However, if you feel it might be healing to you then maybe you should try opening up a bit more to your partner. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

I also think it's ridiculous that people have looked down on you for crying or being depressed. These are normal human emotions and it's unhealthy if you don't allow yourself to express them!

Hope you are able to find some enjoyment out of playing soon.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    I think there's nothing wrong with not sharing with people if you don't want to. However, if you feel it might be healing to you then maybe you should try opening up a bit more to your partner. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

I also think it's ridiculous that people have looked down on you for crying or being depressed. These are normal human emotions and it's unhealthy if you don't allow yourself to express them!

Hope you are able to find some enjoyment out of playing soon.
    I know rite! That stuff is normal, indeed. and yeah i held in mine for so long it got really unhealthy for me....what especially sucks is I was always the happy one n' these past 7 years people totally ruined that for me, as if there was also something wrong with me for being cheerful; they just brought me down, so they the ones with the prob, really.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Now Im scared to leave my house after what just happened in England.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Missing my kids, as usual. Missing my ex, as usual. Sometimes all it seems like I do is miss people. My therapist has a whole, whole lot to say about that oc. Stuff I won't even bother to go into but mostly stuff you've already heard if you've ever been in therapy before lol, even for just a few sessions. Hearing what she has to say doesn't help sometimes though. She just...really....just pisses me off sometimes tbh. I don't care about the rationale behind why I feel that way sometimes....sometimes I just want to not feel that way anymore, and oc she never has an answer for that.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.