Page 418 of 424 FirstFirst ... 218 318 368 408 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote SAgirl View Post
    What a bummer Are you able to cook?
    Thankfully, everything seems to work except the hot water (that I've noticed anyway.)

Bit a bummer though, yeah.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A couple things I don't wanna mention right now, but otherwise, am not doing too bad....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    What are you doing?
    Well, at that time, I was minding my own business in my flat. I have new neighbours who are frequently obnoxiously noisy. I have misophonia. These two factors don't go well together. So, it usually ends up with me being forced to wear my noise-cancelling headphones feeling depressed that this is where my life has come to.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    Well, at that time, I was minding my own business in my flat. I have new neighbours who are frequently obnoxiously noisy. I have misophonia. These two factors don't go well together. So, it usually ends up with me being forced to wear my noise-cancelling headphones feeling depressed that this is where my life has come to.
    I meant to say what are they doing and that sounds terrible!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I meant to say what are they doing and that sounds terrible!
    They're just young and seem to have verbal volume regulation problems. I'm hyper-reactive to their noises they make. It's hard. I feel like I can't push them as hard as I want to to be quiet without being unreasonable.... Basically, it's a tricky balancing act between not wanting to be the angry, old buzzard killjoy or having them trash the quiet sanctity that I wish for in my sanctuary. I have to carefully manage my noise situation constantly because of my misophonia and the fact that I live in a flat among several blocks that are clustered together.

The fact that I have this situation to go with agoraphobia.... Well, I'm sure you can imagine how difficult that can make my situation. But, I don't really have a choice at this time, so I manage it as best as I can. *sigh*

Thanks for the hug.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    They're just young and seem to have verbal volume regulation problems. I'm hyper-reactive to their noises they make. It's hard. I feel like I can't push them as hard as I want to to be quiet without being unreasonable.... Basically, it's a tricky balancing act between not wanting to be the angry, old buzzard killjoy or having them trash the quiet sanctity that I wish for in my sanctuary. I have to carefully manage my noise situation constantly because of my misophonia and the fact that I live in a flat among several blocks that are clustered together.

The fact that I have this situation to go with agoraphobia.... Well, I'm sure you can imagine how difficult that can make my situation. But, I don't really have a choice at this time, so I manage it as best as I can. *sigh*

Thanks for the hug.
    I completely understand this. I struggle really badly with generalized anxiety, and likely borderline agoraphobia (there were YEARS I didn't leave the house) and when I did finally leave it was for short periods of times. I can now without panicking, with medicine. I get really hyper vigilant outside and hyper-reactive to loud sounds like a scaredy cat. I get symptoms of misophonia with my chronic migraines and even small sounds can cause me extreme pain, physical and emotional distress (even strong smells). I find the best thing for this is my calming tea, scents that are on my ok list, meditation, medication, and trying to sensory block everything else out.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ugh....feeling really awful physically at the moment. Whatever is causing this these days, it's brutal.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I completely understand this. I struggle really badly with generalized anxiety, and likely borderline agoraphobia (there were YEARS I didn't leave the house) and when I did finally leave it was for short periods of times. I can now without panicking, with medicine. I get really hyper vigilant outside and hyper-reactive to loud sounds like a scaredy cat. I get symptoms of misophonia with my chronic migraines and even small sounds can cause me extreme pain, physical and emotional distress (even strong smells). I find the best thing for this is my calming tea, scents that are on my ok list, meditation, medication, and trying to sensory block everything else out.
    Seems like we have a fair bit in common, because this description sounds quite a bit like my general situation. My migraines are pretty rare though, thankfully and they tend be the silent type, so I don't really get the extreme pain, fortunately. I haven't had a full-blown one since I was a teen.

I love my tea. I tend to like berry-based herbal teas the most.... or a nice lemon and ginger before bed, though this summer I was having cold brew versions because it just gets too hot for tea in Australia. If you've never tried them, look up how to do it online, it's so refreshing, and a nice way to get the positive benefits of tea in hot weather.

Scents.... I really love vanilla or berry scents. Vanilla, in particular, makes my brain feel like it's being cleansed. It helps give me the clarity that my overactive mind can sometimes lack. Might have to go light a candle now.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    High anxiety at the thought of returning to work tomorrow and starting the work week all over again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    High anxiety at the thought of returning to work tomorrow and starting the work week all over again.
    Is there anything I can do to make your anxiety lessened?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow, either. I don't think tomorrow will be that bad, but the rest of the week is going to be tough.
    It is the light she longs to find,
    When she delights in learning more.
    Her world is learning; it defines
    The destiny she?s reaching for

- Marie Curie

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Is there anything I can do to make your anxiety lessened?
    Let’s turn back time to Saturday.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    Let’s turn back time to Saturday.
    Will do! And make you a nice banana split with hot fudge again?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote firestar View Post
    I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow, either. I don't think tomorrow will be that bad, but the rest of the week is going to be tough.
    Ugh, it’s the worst when you already know you’re going to have tough days at work ahead of you and all you can do is wait! Hope things go easier than you expect.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    Ugh, it?s the worst when you already know you?re going to have tough days at work ahead of you and all you can do is wait! Hope things go easier than you expect.
    Thanks! I hope things go well for you, too. Mondays are always hard, but at least things get easier after that (or, as my coworker likes to say, "it's all downhill from there" )
    It is the light she longs to find,
    When she delights in learning more.
    Her world is learning; it defines
    The destiny she?s reaching for

- Marie Curie

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.