Page 49 of 424 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 249 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Worrying about worrying is worrisome.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't know how to pull myself out of this depression. For the past three weeks, I've had the attitude of "Why bother?" I basically sleep too much and don't feel like doing what I used to do. Even music isn't that interesting to me, anymore.

The kids have noticed. My niece told my mom that she's worried about me, because I sleep too much. And now they're all acting like they're walking on eggshells around me, even my nephew who has mental issues...I think they're all afraid that I'm going to off myself or something.

I don't have suicidal idealizations, but I definitely feel like I don't know how to pull myself out of this funk. I am struggling in one of my classes, to the point where I am failing and not understanding anything that comes out of the teachers mouth...and trying to hide this from my mom and not worry her (she is 62, has diabetes, and is stressing out over other things) is making it frustrating for me. On the other hand, I have a running B in the other class I'm taking, and the professor there has said that he's very proud of me...so I don't know.

I am also at the point where I want to make new music, but I don't feel like recording it. I jam away on my guitar, and I've written some things that sound really, really good, but I can't be bothered to record it and throw bass and keyboards on it. I definitely know I'm suffering from depression, because it's a loss of interest...I love being in the studio and recording and mixing, and it's worrisome.
    Yes, from what you've said here I'd guess you might well be suffering from depression. The loss of interest, the over sleeping (unless there's actually something physical going on which is causing that. Always worth checking with a doctor anyway).

Depression also has a numbing effect and the power to mess with your memory (especially if there's a change in your sleeping patterns too) which could explain the difficulties in taking in things from one of your class teachers.

I know depression well but you know your situation well. If you think you can handle thing as they are then fair enough. But I would recommend talking to someone about the depression if you are not already doing so.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Work making me miserable, the usual
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My therapist. I had a really bad session with her today...I got emotional, had a complete breakdown. Her answer was that I'm being lazy. If I really wanted to be happy, I would make an effort to be happy. If I really wanted to get out of my apartment more, I would just get off my [BEEP] and do it. If I really was tired of being anxious and depressed, I would get out more, make friends, stop isolating. Unbelievable. I give up on her. I'm finding a new therapist (yet again).
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote James View Post
    My therapist. I had a really bad session with her today...I got emotional, had a complete breakdown. Her answer was that I'm being lazy. If I really wanted to be happy, I would make an effort to be happy. If I really wanted to get out of my apartment more, I would just get off my [BEEP] and do it. If I really was tired of being anxious and depressed, I would get out more, make friends, stop isolating. Unbelievable. I give up on her. I'm finding a new therapist (yet again).
    Yikes, that isn't a good therapist, at all!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote James View Post
    "Lazy" was the actual words she used? Wow, that sucks. I don't know what she was doing saying that. Hope you find a better therapist.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ Thanks. Yeah, she actually used the word lazy. I'm ten different kinds of pissed off, and hurt, and confused right now. I really thought she could help me. I think she was probably really frustrated with me, she doesn't know what to do with me. She's only seen me three times, and she's changed my meds twice already. Anyway I should meet with a new one tomorrow morning. Got my fingers crossed.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Having anxiety attack! Feel like the world is closing in on me. I can't handle this
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    parents will divorce and my dad probably thinks i'm a burden and I feel like one. I am lagging behind

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Girl in my year is having high amounts of anxiety over an assignment we need to do, I have not spoken to her proper in about a year and now I have offered to help her.

I don't mind helping her but she leaves everything to the last minute and I still have my own work to finish off. My plan if she wants my help will be to keep her settled and do my work while in her presence - maybe help her come up with a plan or what ever....

I can't say no....
    life---> <---me

JustGaara's Avatar Hurt Good.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got involved in some shady [BEEP] at my school. Now that I'm trying to do the right thing, I feel like an awful person. I feel boxed in, like my life is coming to an end now and it's terrifying. I don't think I've ever been this anxious before.
    I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl who's still around the morning after...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And my mood's shot to sh** once again. Horray for suicidal urges. <------sarcasm. So tired and emotionally drained right now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Grahhhh I hate this project. I needed to do stuff with other people and I didn't so now I have diddly-squat and we have to present tomorrow and it's gonna be so damn awkward when I have to say "I didn't do it" because then the teacher will be all like "You had a week to do it and whole class periods, what were you doing?" and I hate this.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like a idiot in the beginning of the year I signed up for "writing lab" 3rd and 4th quarter thinking it would be a chill class unaware of the fact that every week we would constantly be getting into groups discussing what we have written and than actually having to present them in front of the class EVERY. WEEK. And my counseler made up some BS story as to why I "couldn't drop the class" meanwhile it's a elective and my schedule is full. Imijubhbiminhvgvbu!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feeling very much alone. I'm pretty sure that if I disappeared tonight no one would notice. Life would go on, no one would miss a beat. I really wonder sometimes why I bother to stick around.

Page 49 of 424 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 249 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.