Thread: Gestalt therapy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gestalt therapy

Hello everyone,

I went to see a new therapist this week, who uses the method of the Gestalt therapy. As it was our first session, I introduced myself and told a part of my story before he explained how we would work. So we didn't really started and I didn't really have the opportunity to figure how do I feel about it.
    Therefore, I am reaching out to you to know if anyone ever tried the Gestalt therapy, how did you feel about it before and after, how did/didn't it help you, and to whom would you recommend it?
    I woud be very grateful for it !

Have a nice day,

J.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hey J,

I'm know this reply comes a little late, but I've been having a great experience with Gestalt therapy since October. Because "forming a Gestalt" means forming a general sense of an experience, a person, or an idea, Gestalt therapy is very helpful in resolving past conflicts. I think of it as "tying up loose ends" emotionally. Sometimes my therapist and I just focus on the here-and-now. It's a client-driven method, so whatever you want to talk about is the topic, and the therapist won't interrupt you. They won't push you, either, unless you're swayed by being asked how you feel about what you've just said. I find that the whole experience challenges my mind and gives me a better sense of myself in an entirely-positive way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your answer !

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.