Thread: A weird feeling

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A weird feeling

I haven't posted anything here in a while but I really feel like I need to ask this question to people that are dealing with the same thing I am. It's something I just figured out how to describe. When I get really really really anxious, sometimes I feel like I'm about to have a seizure. I've never had one before and there's no history of any condition that could cause a seizure in my family, but yeah. I get this feeling that I'm about to start jerking and spasming but I never actually do. I'm afraid I will though. Has anyone else felt like this?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know but sometimes with me. When I'm really feeling out of sorts I think the ill feeling, the I'm going to pass out have a heart attack and die ; kind of gets me out of a stressful situation faster. I even wonder sometimes when I'm shopping with my daughter and I start feeling overwhelmed with a headache if it's anxiety. I sometimes truly despise shopping. I can't usually avoid it either.

It's tough for me because a lot of the time I'm kind of in denial about how bad my anxiety can be with that said. I've been pretty good lately. However, I still have the same issues I always have. I have 1 or 2 close friends and I am too afraid to have more. If you are an intimidating person, someone I secretly fear I will never talk to you voluntarily. If I have to deal with someone on a professional basis like a non personal reason to speak to you I guess I'd be ok.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are Probably just having a panic attack. It is a known fact that you cannot pass out while having a panic attack because of the adrenaline that is coursing through your body. Take deep breaths and get through it. A panic attack usually lasts for 5-10 minutes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not afraid that I'm going to pass out though. I'm afraid I'm going to start twitching and things like that. The other symptoms of my panic attacks don't scare me as much as this one. I don't know how to stop it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once when I was really scared nervous about taking in front of people my face developed a twitch that I couldn't stop. In speech class once I was so nervous I knocked the podium over. No wonder I hate public speaking. I'm trying to think what helps me.
    Forgive yourself. Ok so I've looked like a moron so many times in my life. I will fail majorly again. I suck at public speaking but guess what millions of other people do as well. This may not be a good thing but ignore everyone and concentrate on what it is that needs to be done. I can be kind of weird.
    I need alone time. To get through a speech or other public thing I have to shut down emotions or get to the I don't care what you think phase. This is so very extremely hard for me to do. My husband never understands the amount of emotional prep. I need to be able to say go to a party and find someone who will talk to me. I like people who I find safe to talk to. Loud aggressive pushy types who like to argue and make people squirm by criticizing may never ever hear me speak.
    At this point in my life, I'm older than most of you I can quickly access who is most likely to be friendly and not have that ugly critical edge to them.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote joyful_cara557 View Post
    I'm not afraid that I'm going to pass out though. I'm afraid I'm going to start twitching and things like that. The other symptoms of my panic attacks don't scare me as much as this one. I don't know how to stop it.
    This is something I've dealt with too. It doesn't seem to be a panic attack in the typical sense, save for the feeling of "oh no," and the foreboding, etc. Since it's so tied to the feeling of physical well-being, my reaction to it is to get physically active. I'll jump up and go for a walk, do a couple dozen push-ups, or anything else that uses muscles and *isn't* a seizure or involuntary spasm of some sort.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's actually a good idea! I'll try that next time I feel extra jittery! Normally when I feel that way it makes me freeze and I'm afraid to exert a ton of energy, but maybe that's the problem!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, when I feel really anxious my muscles feel tense, and sometimes they jerk a bit. It could be because the brain releases excess noradrenaline/adrenaline when you're anxious and this can cause muscle tension.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi new to this site don't know how to use it but I'm suffering with anxiety I keep feeling I can't get enough air and choking I hv a little one and can't seem to do much as it's dragging everyone down have this awful feeling I end up in one of those hospitals I am afraid to take docs tablets was taking them and felt all over the place I'm having all these things happening excuse me even hv consipation I just want to get back to normal help please am only 42 but suffering in silence for years even hate being left alone

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.