Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Did you skip school a lot?

I skipped school a lot because of anxiety and bullying. I used to go only 2-3 out of 5 days per week.

Anyone else used to do the same?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I rarely skippwd school. When I did, it was because it was the end og the year/semester and I wouldn't have been doing nothig all day. I pretended to be sick once and was sick but not like dying and I stayed home then. If my parents were more lenient, I'd have skipped a lot more but it would be more out of boredom than anxiety.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I skipped all of 6th grade to high school. ¬_¬
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yes, and I eventually dropped out. I'm now having to sort that mess out.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No, my anxiety kept me in school....in a weird way...I was too afraid to...
    life---> <---me

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    No, my anxiety kept me in school....in a weird way...I was too afraid to...
    This the anxiety of getting caught for skipping school was FAR greater than the anxiety of being in school. Which was still horrible

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    During last semester of high school. I had a bunch of what we referred to as "bird courses", i.e. easy computer classes and one simply called Oceans. No word of a lie, one class we had to label various parts of your standard fish on a handout. Wait, no, that may have been grade 11. Ah well, grade 12 was filled with classes that basically never had a full attendance. It's pretty much the only reason I was able to graduate.

We would get absent calls from the school if we missed a class, but I was able to delete them from the phone right before my parents got home. I got real sneaky with it.

I wish I could remember more. A lot of this stuff is really fuzzy for me. Probably mixed in with a buncha repressed memories.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    During my last year of High School yes. Before that I always had above average grades, but as I lost interest in my last year, my grades took a turn for the worse.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes. Around 14 was when it started. I just didn't fit into the school system for multiple reasons. The days were too long and exhausting for me. I couldn't focus, I had a lot of anxiety to contend with. I refused to do homework because I was slightly rebellious and resented that you had to spend over 6 hours at school only to go home and spend more hours doing the same sh.t. That should be your free, wind down time. The teachers were often disrespectful and went on power trips too. I got bullied by two teachers in fact (though that was just before I started wagging).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    even after my mom changed jobs and no longer drove me and left for work before i had to catch the bus i still didn't skip that much. my teachers glared at you if you missed school days and the front desk person called your parents. my mom wasn't a parent to get overly upset at me skipping. she let me skip when i convinced her how behind i was and needed a day off to have a chance of catching up. but combined with my teachers glares, that was enough incentive for me to get to school. i missed maybe 2 days a month during my last year when things were a lot more lax.

for college i rarely ever went until i was dismissed when i never went at all. after restarting college i went a lot more because my teachers required it and while i still miss a few days a month its a good improvement.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I started skipping classes in 9th grade and stopped showing up almost entirely in 10th grade, then I ended up dropping out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I skipped school a lot because of anxiety and bullying. I used to go only 2-3 out of 5 days per week.

Anyone else used to do the same?
    YES! Exactly the same reasons too. I skipped so many days that often a Cop came out to the house & once I even had to talk to a Judge about why I was refusing to go to School.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had an attendance rate of about 60% beginning in my freshman year of high school. I didn't drop out, but my attendance barely passed the minimum required to graduate.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I skipped school when I didn't do my projects. My mom was an enabler. *points at her*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yup, in fact I went a step farther-- I arranged a fake internship at the local newspaper through someone I knew, so I could leave every day at 11:10 AM, senior year. I also skipped an entire year of gym class. And tested out of 11th-grade English in 10th, then 12th grade English in 11th.

Once I figured out how to work the system I spent very little time in school. I also skipped roughly half of college.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.