Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My names Maddie :-)

Hi! I'm 20 years old and I suffer with depression, anxiety and autism. (My depression and autism have been managed very well and I'm currently coping) my anxiety on the other hand... It's through the roof. Yesterday I had 2 panic attacks within an hour of each other. Unfortunately I was on my own as my partner had gone out. It was the first time dealing with one alone. I did very well and I'm proud of myself but I have a few questions, what medication are you all on and how can I seek more help? Also I've lost my appetite again, I'm not interested in food as soon as it's been put in front of me. Does this happen to anybody else through anxiety? Any info to help me would be appreciated.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this :-)
    - Maddie.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Welcome to AnxS. As for mediction, I take Sertaline/Zoloft for my depression (although it can help with the anxiety symptoms as well), and I've also taken Propanolol for my anxiety.

I've sometimes lost my appetite because of anxiety, it is a symptom of it. It could be the depression as well as though that's causing this. I used to eat yogart a lot when it happened to me, it was the only way I could eat something.

As for getting help, that depends on where you are. Some countries, you may have to see a GP and get referred to therapy services, or to a psychiatrist. Some others, such as the US, you don't need to see one first (although if you're looking for medication, a GP may be able to prescribe you some.)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in the UK. I'm currently on 100mg of setraline and I have been for about 12-14 months now, it doesn't seem to be doing much, I know you're meant to allow it time but I don't know.
    The yoghurt thing sounds good - the only problem is due to my autism I'm unable to stomach "squishy" food.
    Thanks for replying

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote simsterx View Post
    I live in the UK. I'm currently on 100mg of setraline and I have been for about 12-14 months now, it doesn't seem to be doing much, I know you're meant to allow it time but I don't know.
    The yoghurt thing sounds good - the only problem is due to my autism I'm unable to stomach "squishy" food.
    Thanks for replying
    No problem

Since you're in the UK as well...

You may need to see a GP to get referred for therapy, although you can self refer to some. You should be able to find out where you can self refer to here. I'll warn you now, there will be a waiting list, and it may be long.

Another option is a charity called Mind. They offer various services such as councelling, might offer therapy. I think they ask for some sort of a donation, but they shouldn't turn you away if you can't pay that.

As for the sertaline issue - yes, you're right, it takes time for anti-depressant medication to work, but that's a few months at the most. If you've been on it for over a year and isn't working, then it probably isn't going to work for you, and you need to decide with your GP whether to increase the dosage of the Sertaline and see if that helps, or come off of it and try and new medication.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your help, I'll inform you if I get any progress

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Hi Maddie -- Welcome to the site

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hi, Maddie!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote simsterx View Post
    Welcome!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.