Thread: GAD

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GAD

I suffer from GAD for years now.
    I'm wondering how many are going though the same and what steps you take to deal with the issue.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    GAD is one of my dx'es (of many!) and thus far Lyrica and ativan is the only thing I've found that has been helpful. Altho Lrycia is for another condition (chronic pain)... it helps my anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone told me cognitive therapy will help. Have yet to decide on what to do.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    CBT can help. I have found that most effective for Social Anxiety aspects of things. It works if your avoiding situations (i.e school, work, talking to people) due to your anxiety. It all depends on how your anxiety is effecting you.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me, I was helped by physical exercise, ACT therapy and klonopin

Quote walsit View Post
    I suffer from GAD for years now.
    I'm wondering how many are going though the same and what steps you take to deal with the issue.
    I suffered thru 6 months on constant dread and nervousness. ACT is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy which was very helpful in shifting my focus from my anxiety to the things that gave my life meaning. For me, that was my friendships. So the more I focused on strengthening my friendships, the less time I had to obsess over a cure for GAD. Also yoga and calisthenics was good to get my body moving. Also deep breathing and buddhist chanting. Finally buspar didn't work for me but klonopin has been great.

I'm back to my normal self and rarely feel anxiety anymore.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.