Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What have you done right now that you've been avoiding due to SA?

I've finished paperwork and interviews

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I like your take on this

I am currently trying to do updates on my computer, before this I would get the error but never see what was causing it and fixing it. Turns out to be simple enough.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've applied to two jobs. Online obvs. But one called back asking about what available job hours I could work and it didn't quite work out but I did it. I did it!
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    In the past year, I've done some things I thought I'd never do. I speak regularly on live radio, I'm giving talks to entire university crowds, school district teachers, and entire schools. I've always had no problem speaking to children, but speaking to adults terrify me. I'm always afraid of being judged for saying the wrong thing. But even though it terrifies me, I've been accepting these gigs and smiling through them. If I mess up, I make a joke out of it and they laugh with me. I still analyze every little thing when I'm done, but I've started to tell myself "You're ok. You did ok."
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    GrumpyGrumpy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hosted a foreign student at my home for two weeks. I am glad I went through with it because I had such strong voices in my head telling me to back out at the last minute, that I and my family wasn't good enough to host him, etc. all that jazz.

Now I need to do the same with some other goals and aspirations I have. I just need to say "screw it" and go and do them! Sigh.... I gotta get past these huge mental mountains I've built up all too well.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post
    In the past year, I've done some things I thought I'd never do. I speak regularly on live radio, I'm giving talks to entire university crowds, school district teachers, and entire schools. I've always had no problem speaking to children, but speaking to adults terrify me. I'm always afraid of being judged for saying the wrong thing. But even though it terrifies me, I've been accepting these gigs and smiling through them. If I mess up, I make a joke out of it and they laugh with me. I still analyze every little thing when I'm done, but I've started to tell myself "You're ok. You did ok."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It wasn't really something that I could put off but I did a speech in class today. It wasn't a long formal one, just a small "About me" that I went through pretty quickly. I think it went fine.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Used the laundry room in the apartment complex I just moved to for the first time today. I had been putting it off for a few days.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    Used the laundry room in the apartment complex I just moved to for the first time today. I had been putting it off for a few days.
    For apartment laundry rooms, do you have to stay there for the entire time or do people feel safe enough to just leave them there? It's something that I've always wondered about if I ever moved into an apartment.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote FireIsTheCleanser View Post
    For apartment laundry rooms, do you have to stay there for the entire time or do people feel safe enough to just leave them there? It's something that I've always wondered about if I ever moved into an apartment.
    That depends on the complex. In my experience it's usually not a problem, but I've lived in a few places where I felt like I should keep an eye on my clothes.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Sent an email to College. Since they seem to be avoiding giving me any details, basically it says -

"When the [BEEP] am I supposed to enroll and turn up, I'm supposed to be starting a week from now and you haven't given me any details."

Also about the do another thing I'm been avoiding - call Student Finance to chase up my loan. Since they actually need to pay the college for me to actually be able to start this year.

God, I hate arguining with them.

Edit - Yeah the email was a lot politer than that. I didn't include any explitives.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I told my landlord that I was moving out - I was a little afraid as I was not here long but I did it now!
    life---> <---me

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    "When the [BEEP] am I supposed to enroll and turn up, I'm supposed to be starting a week from now and you haven't given me any details."
    I had a similar experience >.<. Wasn't fun.

Finally made a doctor appointment just now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I did it!

I also gave a speech in class today. It wasn't horrible. I think I went over 6 minutes and people laughed at most of my jokes. Things are coming up FitC!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not right now.today I applied for a car loan and arranged a car viewing. Been putting it off for ever
    life---> <---me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.