Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote FireIsTheCleanser View Post
    So imagine little ol me. Like to listen to my music while in the car. However, after 15 minutes or so, the car shuts off by itself to preserve the battery. I usually turn on the car halfway enough to keep listening to music. Works fine right? Wrong. Now imagine me, headed home, stopping at a parking lot of a shopping center to find do some texting in peace. I do my music thang with the car turned off. When it's time for me to go, my car won't start. It sputters an the "Check Engine" light flashes violently. I'm scared. I don't want to call my parents because I will get in trouble. I don't know how to call a tow truck or anything and I don't really know what's wrong.

There was a truck parked in the almost empty parking lot. Had large metal structure in the back. Used to move big things. Been there for a while, and on, so someone must be inside and not in a big hurry. I walk over and ask the (cute) guy inside if he knows anything about cars. I explain my situation and he says it sounds like the battery. He comes out, I show him my problem, and he says that it is the battery. He says he will jumpstart my car, and after a bit of trouble, I get my car running. He gives me some advice about what to do so it doesn't stop in the middle of the road. I thank him profusely and and shake his hand. Like a man.

I can't imagine being so scared of social interaction that I'd sit there in my car for god knows how long, knowing that it wasn't going to start no matter how many times I turned the key.

I'm proud of myself.
    Congrats on being able to overcome your anxiety!!

I'm glad that you were able to make it home safely.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Went to vote early. Took like 10 minutes. That's democracy in action, Jackson!
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Finished some paperwork that was suppose to be done.. uhh, almost 90 days ago.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Marine View Post
    Responded to an email
    That's good!

Was it an email that you were procrastinating on?

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had Friendsgiving dinner with a bunch of people. My partner and I bailed early, so mission not really accomplished?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finally returned my router/modem back but avoided small talk (well I made some progress)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.