Thread: First post

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First post

Hi everyone. I'm new so hope I'm posting in the right place, I have panic attacks, I worry about everything, I first started having them 10 years ago and eventually stopped going out for around a year, I can now go out but only places I'm familiar with and not very far, I work (close to home) but it's ruining my life I'm 27 now and I've put up with it for so long because it was easier to say no than be scared to face it but I don't want to live like this anymore I want to be able to go out when and where I want to like everyone else and do things couples do, not ruin my relationship cos I won't go out. I went to the doctor and he wants me to start CBT, I have an assessment next week, he also put me on Sertraline, I was supposed to take them last week and still haven't yet because the worrier I am I read the side effects and that's scared me more.. Has anyone taken them and had any side effects? I just need talking into it because I'm very good at talking myself out of situations! Thanks for reading,
    Leanne.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome Leanne

I know the side effects can sound scary, but they are rare and you can always change meds (by seeing your doctor first) if you do experience any of the side effects. You should take those meds and start CBT, because that will put you on the road to overcoming your panic attacks.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Hey there leanne. Welcome to the forum.

I take Sertaline 50mg and don't really have many side effects with it. As Jerry above said, if.you notice any side effects, yo can change the meds.

I'd say give the pills a go and see if they help you.

Best of luck with the CBT
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.