Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Struggling to cope in High School

Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum.
    I need advice. I am currently in my last year of high school, I am 19 years old and I am struggling to cope with the stress due to my anxiety. I was diagnosed a few months ago. I want to finish my matric next year. The only thing that is bothering me is the fact that I'll be 20 next year.
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why does your age bother you? Because it's not the tradition age to be where you are? I'm 25 and still in college with two more years to go. I get that feeling. When I worry about that I just remind myself that most people that are ahead of me in life took a different route than me. I think I've choose the better route. I'm more mature and able to make better decisions in college than I would have at 19. I know that I'm going somewhere in life and that's all that matters.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you. It means a lot. I have decided to finish it next year. You are right. My age should not bother me.
    Thanks again

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Finished high school qualifications late here as well. Don't let your age bother you. We all do things at different times in our life.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    My brother finished a year late as well - he decided to pull an attitude and not do his work (maybe he had anxiety). I think he was also not doing work because he was jealous me. He would not work on Spanish because I was so good at it.

Anyway, he finished. That's the point. Getting your edumacation is FAR more important than your age.

I got my Bachelor's Degree after almost SIX years - even for an engineering degree, that's long. I got my degree and use it. That's the point.

Nobody has to know your age. Look young and no one will notice.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm 20 this year and still at college (third course in a row) but I had to resist a GCSE a year later as did most people in my college course. Age should never stop you on anything my last course had a 70 year old women doing a course for the first time since she left school if she can come back at 70 and be surrounded by young 'uns I'm sure you'll be okay least you can relate (we had to teach her how to use a computer)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    As long as it's done and over with

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote goosey View Post
    Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum.
    I need advice. I am currently in my last year of high school, I am 19 years old and I am struggling to cope with the stress due to my anxiety. I was diagnosed a few months ago. I want to finish my matric next year. The only thing that is bothering me is the fact that I'll be 20 next year.
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you
    I never completed high school due to bullying and anxiety, but I still got into university. I know it seems like when you complete high school is a big deal and affects the rest of your life, but it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, high school is important, but it is not the end of the world if things don't go to plan. Let us know how you go

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, thank you all for the replies and I apologize for my slow replies, but I have been busy focusing on school and all that. I managed to finish high school and my results were pretty good. I will be starting university next year and I am feeling quite good. I've been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist and thanks to them I feel much better. I am coping and enjoying life at the moment.

Thanks again to you all

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote goosey View Post
    Hello, thank you all for the replies and I apologize for my slow replies, but I have been busy focusing on school and all that. I managed to finish high school and my results were pretty good. I will be starting university next year and I am feeling quite good. I've been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist and thanks to them I feel much better. I am coping and enjoying life at the moment.

Thanks again to you all
    Congrats!

That is great news

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.