Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

A new app called Peeple - where you can rate everyone you meet between 1 and 5

So there's this new app called Peeple coming.

Peeple is an app that allows you to rate and comment about the people you interact with in your daily lives on the following three categories: personal, professional, and dating.
    Peeple will enhance your online reputation for access to better quality networks, top job opportunities, and promote more informed decision making about people.
    So you make a profile. People meet you. They like you. They give you a 5 star review and a paragraph about how awesome you are. Since employers already look at Facebooks and Twitters and LinkedIn's, they can now see your 5 star review and realize how awesome a person you are to work with.

And then of course, there's the slightly scary side to it:

What if the person I am searching is not in the app?

If the person you are searching for is not in the app you can add their name, profile picture, and start their profile by rating them. You will need their cell phone number to start their profile and they will receive a text that you were the person to start their profile.
    So somebody else can sign me up, and add whatever photo they wish. Great. I can't see how this can go wrong at all.

Can I delete comments made about me?

No. You can get them removed by Peeple if it violates our terms and conditions once you report it.
    Can I take myself off of Peeple?

No. Not at this time. We may consider this feature in the future.
    Of course not. I don't want to be on tripadvisor for people. But nope....can't take my profile down if some moron decides to do a review on me.

Who can see my information on the app?

Only users who have joined our app and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of our app. If any of the comments made about you are shared by yourself or another user with our sharing features it may be exposed to Facebook, Twitter, text, or email and be picked up by Google. If a profile is unclaimed there is no sharing capability on what has been said on it.
    Basically...everyone.

How do I dispute a review of me?

When another user makes a negative comment about you (2 stars or less) the comment does not go live right away. It goes into your inbox on the app, you will be notified, and now you have 48 hours timer to work it out with the user. If you cannot turn a negative into a positive the comment will go live and then you can publicly defend yourself.
    Wonderful.

In other words, who's stupid idea was this?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh so people can make an account for you without your consent and you can't have it removed?

Ya... they're going to get a sued a lot.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    Oh so people can make an account for you without your consent and you can't have it removed?

Ya... they're going to get a sued a lot.
    Especially over here. Europe kinda takes privacy pretty seriously. Facebook has had a few run ins with the EU.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yikes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought this type of stuff only existed in TV shows (the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Community come to mind). I always thought "Haha, funny. A bit unbelievable though." I guess, not so much now :/ The only way I don't see this taking off is that people are too lazy to make a page about everyone they meet or to search every person they have an interaction with.

Still stupid though.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think the concept is horrifying. Also, lol at rating people out of 5.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh dear god, if this does start happening I'm never leaving the house. Are you sure this is real??
    life---> <---me

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just heard about this yesterday. Terrifying. Horrible any idea any way you look at it. Good thing I don't have Facebook (heard you need a FB account to be rated) and few people have my number.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Thankgod I don't have Facebook either. Though with my luck they'll come out with another version which doesn't require Facebook.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm wondering how legal this is. Somehow, I can't see people being put on this without there permission without a few lawsuits happening. I for one, will not be happy if I end up here (and I hope my friends with have the sense not to put me on here.) The company is naive at best, and can't seem to understand this app could very well open up avenues for stalking, bullying and harrasment, especially with the "negative reviews will make you a better person" and "this app is all for positivity!" attitude that they have.

I've worked hard to keep my digital footprint to a minimum. I don't like information about me being publically availiable. And this app, threatening to do just that without my permission, is making me uneasy.

I'm not joking. I will sue if I get one of those text messages telling me I've been added to the site without my permission.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The amount of lawsuits that will inevitably be churned out against this app is going to be monumental. This thing will most likely crash and burn before it actually sees the light of day (hopefully).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    OMG did this ever come out??? [BEEP] i need to delete my Facebook page!
    Beating anxiety this year

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.