Thread: Music Therapy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Music Therapy

My psychiatrist once got me to try something that I thought I'd pass along.

I do drywall and other interior finishing stuff for work. I get paid pretty good for what I do but have always suffered from the same problem. Every day starts off good. After an hour or so I start to feel like I haven't accomplished as much as I should have. This feeling gets worse as the day goes and I go home stressed. Thing is, I've been told many time I do very good work and I have no reason to worry. Usually later on that night I can accept that I did a good days work. The next morning it starts again...

My psychiatrist asked me to try something. She told me that my mind gets really bored at work because I find the work too easy mentally, and that I need to occupy my mind with any background noise so my mind doesn't get a chance to wander. Even though it's not really permitted on job sites, most days I manage to keep one earphone in and have music going constantly all day. I find myself getting lost in the music and enjoy my job much more. Not to say I'm fully cured or anything... but any time i feel a panic attack coming now I try to put some music on and it has helped me more than any medication ever could.

Anyone else have experience like this? Did it work for you?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think humming helps me but not listening to music. When I’m driving and there is more traffic than usual or if the road isn't empty..lol, I have to turn off the radio because it stresses me. Even as I write this right now, I have to turn off my music in the background to focus on writing. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.