Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brexit

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gh-court-rules

I don't know how anyone didn't see this coming, the ruling is obvious.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gh-court-rules

I don't know how anyone didn't see this coming, the ruling is obvious.
    I'm pretty surprised it's gone this way tbh.

Politicians and High Court judges run in the same circles here, and I didn't trust that this (despite being the right thing) would happen. And I still don't trust that this will be upheld by the inevitable appeal. I'll laugh if they drag this to the EU courts as they may well do.

Also looks like we may have a general at somepoint now. Cant decide if that's going to be a "let's all vote UKIP" into power nightmare of epic proportions or not.

Apologies for the rambling, I stupidly drank to much coffee this afternoon.

Now then, can America Trump Britain's stupid vote on November the 33rd or whatever the date was?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Politicians and High Court judges run in the same circles here, and I didn't trust that this (despite being the right thing) would happen. And I still don't trust that this will be upheld by the inevitable appeal.
    True, but outside the USA, judges do their job correctly for the most part. I would be very surprised if it is overturned on appeal.

I'll laugh if they drag this to the EU courts as they may well do.
    Oh the irony

Now then, can America Trump Britain's stupid vote on November the 33rd or whatever the date was?
    It seems UK and the USA is fighting over the most stupid title Australian politics looks so sane in comparison. Gay marriage, tax reform and wages are all the talk here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    It seems UK and the USA is fighting over the most stupid title Australian politics looks so sane in comparison. Gay marriage, tax reform and wages are all the talk here.
    Can I just move there, even if you do seem to have stupidly priced mortgage deposits and all eat avocado sandwiches or whatever? The weather is a lot better as well.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Can I just move there, even if you do seem to have stupidly priced mortgage deposits and all eat avocado sandwiches or whatever? The weather is a lot better as well.
    Of course, come on down

I'm guessing Australia will be seeing a lot of people from the UK and the USA soon

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I don't agree with this guy at all, but I'm posting it to prove hypocrisy of some people in the right-wing, at the start he went on and on about some pro-remain people having incomplete or incorrect information, and yes he is right about that, but then turns around and proves how little he understands about the court case he is making an video on.

That case is not about overturning Brexit, it was the court saying the government needs to keep parliament in the loop and get parliament to pass the laws that is needed for Brexit, basically restated that only parliament can make the laws and only the government can force the laws. It is one of the most obvious ruling ever made.

Considering that both major parties have agreed that there is no turning back now, any vote in parliament over Brexit is just procedural. Even if somehow the parliament override the Brexit vote, the EU has made it very clear that the UK is no longer welcome. So, the right-wing is getting itself anger over procedural details of Brexit. Does it even matter how Brexit is triggered? What is the different if Brexit is triggered by parliament instead of the government?

Is a minor procedural detail really something to get anger about?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    http://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/c...mal-testing_en

Look at these evil EU laws, stopping animal testing, so evil!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.