View Poll Results: Which area care do you use?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Western Medicine

3 60.00%
  • Complementry medicine

0 0%
  • Alternative medicine

0 0%
  • A mixture of the above

2 40.00%
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Choice of Treatment

I was getting jealous of Jerry and all his polls. So I decided to ask a question that i was thinking about last night.

How do you treat your mental health difficulties or in other words how do you care for yourself.

Western medicine
    The use of medication or therapy through a medical doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc.

Complementary or holistic Medicine
    The use of massage, aromatherapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture etc.

Alternative Medicine
    Homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, herbalism etc.

Is there a reason you choose one over the other?

***I am unable to edit my silly poll text error
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Western Medicine. Medication is pretty much the only thing that keeps mine under control, and I get sick without it. And I've had therapy in the form of CBT and mindfulness which I had because it was well...free, and the others aren't.

That said, it may shock people to hear that I'm fine with the other two. And have actually seriously considered reiki (not sure what that would fall under, complementary or hollistic maybe?)

Also I can change the spelling error if you want, although heh, I didn't notice it. Probably rambling here but supposedly we only notice the first and last letters of words which means i can "sepll lkie tihs" and supposedly still be understood. Or whatever. I dunno.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Western Medicine. Medication is pretty much the only thing that keeps mine under control, and I get sick without it. And I've had therapy in the form of CBT and mindfulness which I had because it was well...free, and the others aren't.

That said, it may shock people to hear that I'm fine with the other two. And have actually seriously considered reiki (not sure what that would fall under, complementary or hollistic maybe?)

Also I can change the spelling error if you want, although heh, I didn't notice it. Probably rambling here but supposedly we only notice the first and last letters of words which means i can "sepll lkie tihs" and supposedly still be understood. Or whatever. I dunno.
    Yeah, on a little research I see that most people have to go with western medicine due to it being covered by insurance. Although I think the nhs has started referrals for some complimentary/holistic therapies.And a few nurses in ireland are getting into the field (my dream).

Energy work such as reiki falls under complimentary/holistic (they are the same essentially). I have been interested in it myself but haven't attended a session yet. I personally want to start working with energy but have no clue how to start.

And yes, would you change it for me please.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    Although I think the nhs has started referrals for some complimentary/holistic therapies.And a few nurses in ireland are getting into the field (my dream).
    Huh, I did not know that. I was under the impression that only medications, or therapies such as CBT were offered under the NHS.

And yes, would you change it for me please.
    Done
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Huh, I did not know that. I was under the impression that only medications, or therapies such as CBT were offered under the NHS
    http://www.healthysoul.co.uk/resourc...ary-therapies/

The main reason for not using sone is due to lack of evidence-based research.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just use mostly western medicine, I think the other two are over hyped and given way too much credit for what they are and what they can do.

Quote L View Post
    I was getting jealous of Jerry and all his polls.
    You have a lot of polling to do to catch up to me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.