Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anxiety suffocation

Hello everyone!

I m happy and grateful this forum exists.
    I have some frustration and struggle to vent.
    Many years I said -No-to getting a job and now I really need one.The problem that appears now that everytime I say I m looking for a job or thinking about it makes me feel awful.I have anxiety symptoms.High heart rate,dizziness,agitation and almost feel like I am going out of breath.Don't know what to do.The only thing that calms me down is saying that I m not looking and I am feeling better.But I really need a job,but I can t do anything about feeling so bad.Any advice? Help.

Thanks

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Roxana10 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I m happy and grateful this forum exists.
    I have some frustration and struggle to vent.
    Many years I said -No-to getting a job and now I really need one.The problem that appears now that everytime I say I m looking for a job or thinking about it makes me feel awful.I have anxiety symptoms.High heart rate,dizziness,agitation and almost feel like I am going out of breath.Don't know what to do.The only thing that calms me down is saying that I m not looking and I am feeling better.But I really need a job,but I can t do anything about feeling so bad.Any advice? Help.

Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

That does sound like anxiety. Is there something specific about getting a job that causes your anxiety?

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Hello. Welcome to the site

I'm sorry to hear your anxiety has been so bad with thinking of getting a job. I think, in general, it's very common to feel very nervous getting a job, (esp the first job), and makes a lot of people overwhelmed and stressed. Breathe. It's going to be OK! . Try to set reasonable goals. 5 Job applications per week. You'll feel relief once you fill a few out. Something that might help the anxiety/ trapped feeling-- giving yourself breaks (ie fill out an application- take a walk, watch a movie) do something to get it off your mind.

Please keep us updated.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Welcome to the board!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to say -No- to everything.But this job thing got out of control.I can't believe how bad I feel just thinking about the idea.I was waiting and hoping that something would happen in my life,something that would give me a new perspective on life and confidence.But that didn't happen.I misinterpreted.And now I struggle with all of this.I feel better because I talk about it but I still get palpitations,sweats and agitation.Don't know what to do anymore.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for your support.All your advice is taken into account.I will keep an update.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Roxana10 View Post
    Thank you so much for your support.All your advice is taken into account.I will keep an update.
    Hope your doing ok today xoxo

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.