Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Massachusetts Voters Pass Historic Animal Protection Law

Massachusetts voters on Tuesday passed a landmark law to protect farm animals from intensive confinement.

The initiative will eventually prohibit farming methods that keep animals severely constrained for virtually their entire lives, including the use of veal crates for baby calves, gestation crates for mother pigs and battery cages for egg-laying hens.

Eleven states have passed bans on one or more of those practices. The Massachusetts measure will outlaw all three, and then go further. It will also bar the sale of meat and eggs produced using those methods, even from animals that were farmed outside the state.

Public polls consistently showed the measure receiving strong support, and while several agribusiness groups opposed the initiative, they spent little to campaign against it.

Farms and businesses have until 2022 to comply with the new requirements.

California is the only state that currently bans the sale of food products over animal cruelty concerns, and its law applies only to eggs from caged hens.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b0e80b02ca7afe

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    A good start, I guess. But, it needs to happen faster,. and better protection....There needs to be so much more that needs to be done and it makes me cry, that no one see's how cruel they are being

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    A step in the right direction!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    A good start, I guess. But, it needs to happen faster,. and better protection....There needs to be so much more that needs to be done and it makes me cry, that no one see's how cruel they are being
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    A step in the right direction!
    A step leads to another one and before you know it major change happens.

And a step in the right direction is way better than standing still or backtracking.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.