Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: US Politics

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Chris Wallace too, eh? It's amazing he's already starting to campaign for the next term amidst all the chaos.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    Nope, he was a complete idiot and a spoiled brat.
    They needed it. CNN said he was unhinged. I had to laugh.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Chris Wallace too, eh? It's amazing he's already starting to campaign for the next term amidst all the chaos.
    What did Chris do? He ripped into everyone at the debate. He won the whole thing and he was the reporter.

Anyway, I would expect a lot of different things since he isn't a politician.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    What did Chris do?
    You didn't watch the YouTube video? He castigated Trump for bashing the press. A US President calling the media "the enemy" is outrageous.

Wallace said. "But what Jefferson [was saying] is, despite all of our disputes, that to the functioning of a free and fair democracy, you must have an independent press."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    They needed it. CNN said he was unhinged. I had to laugh.
    CNN is right. But no matter how you see the media, at least they are doing their job, unlike Trump.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    You didn't watch the YouTube video? He castigated Trump for bashing the press. A US President calling the media "the enemy" is outrageous.

Wallace said. "But what Jefferson [was saying] is, despite all of our disputes, that to the functioning of a free and fair democracy, you must have an independent press."
    "Enemy of the people" - he knows we are supposed to have an independent press. They have been asleep at the wheel until Trump became President. They can't even hide their bias now. Even the people are seeing it. Our media lost credibility because they couldn't be honest.

They need to treat it like a wake-up call and do their jobs.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    CNN is right. But no matter how you see the media, at least they are doing their job, unlike Trump.
    No, their not, actually. They are not the worst at the bias, but they do have a lot of problems. Van Jones revealed that with his behavior at the election. He was just the latest. They got in trouble for giving Hillary Clinton debate questions so she could study up ahead of time.

MSNBC is the worst - when you have a commentator on the air, put feminine hygiene products on her as earrings to prove that "women have value" and that Obamacare is "good" for women, there is a problem.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    No, their not, actually. They are not the worst at the bias, but they do have a lot of problems. Van Jones revealed that with his behavior at the election. He was just the latest. They got in trouble for giving Hillary Clinton debate questions so she could study up ahead of time.

MSNBC is the worst - when you have a commentator on the air, put feminine hygiene products on her as earrings to prove that "women have value" and that Obamacare is "good" for women, there is a problem.
    I couldn't care less about the cable channels. They are just trying to fill time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I couldn't care less about the cable channels. They are just trying to fill time.
    True - useless banter.

The networks here, a lot of times, have completely ignored or devoted little time to stories - time constraints or what not. That's almost "lying by omission" because it doesn't bring the right attention to things that need it. That's everywhere. They are better than the cable channels when they do the news overall.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    True - useless banter.

The networks here, a lot of times, have completely ignored or devoted little time to stories - time constraints or what not. That's almost "lying by omission" because it doesn't bring the right attention to things that need it. That's everywhere. They are better than the cable channels when they do the news overall.
    Just because the cable channels are horrible, doesn't mean the media as a whole is evil.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    On the subject of fake news, the Sweden comments are making me laugh. Lol.

As for the biases, all channels/sources are going to be biased. Huffpost is left wing. Breitbart is right thing. They both have there biases and have both have been known to give out information that is not true. Or both ignore certain stories and push others that fit there agenda. Eg - in my country, Huffpost would tell you that were overrun by white nationalist little-englanders attacking anyone foreign looking. Breitbart tells you that were overrun by refugees enforcing sharia law and Birmingham is a no go zones for anyone white. The truth is neither of those things. But both companies have there own agendas and biases, and will push forward stories that push there own biases.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    "Enemy of the people" - he knows we are supposed to have an independent press. They have been asleep at the wheel until Trump became President. They can't even hide their bias now. Even the people are seeing it. Our media lost credibility because they couldn't be honest.

They need to treat it like a wake-up call and do their jobs.
    Trump demonizes any press that's critical of him. That's why he favors Breitbart. The press is actually finally doing their job, hence the reason why Flynn left. It's journalistic reporting that lead to it, not Trump who sat on the info he had for weeks on Flynn and did nothing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Trump demonizes any press that's critical of him. That's why he favors Breitbart. The press is actually finally doing their job, hence the reason why Flynn left. It's journalistic reporting that lead to it, not Trump who sat on the info he had for weeks on Flynn and did nothing.
    He wasn't the only one - he is just far more vocal about it. He never mentioned anything about Breitbart. If so, it proabably had something to do with Milo Yiannopoulos more than anything.

I don't think it was the media being the main issue with Flynn. He was asked about the conversation he had. The conversation was actually NOT to supposed to have revealed Flynn as the person talking (if US wiretapping was used). He was outed as having had the conversation, when it should have been an investigation. He was not forthright with Pence the way he should have been. The way the news was revealed was sketchy.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    I don't think it was the media being the main issue with Flynn. He was asked about the conversation he had. The conversation was actually NOT to supposed to have revealed Flynn as the person talking (if US wiretapping was used). He was outed as having had the conversation, when it should have been an investigation. He was not forthright with Pence the way he should have been. The way the news was revealed was sketchy.
    There was an investigation and everything was handed to the white house and Trump a month before the leak happened, Trump did nothing about it. The current FBI investigation is looking at Trump's connection to Russia.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    He wasn't the only one - he is just far more vocal about it. He never mentioned anything about Breitbart. If so, it proabably had something to do with Milo Yiannopoulos more than anything.

I can't tell if you're being serious. Breitbart is practically Trump's state-sponsored media outlet. Some say the real president is Steve Bannon. And Trump has hired others from Breitbart in his administration.

The press, real investigative journalism, is the best protection we have right now. And now even some at Fox are saying Trump is crossing the line. But, the question is, will it be enough.

The suppression of the free press gives rise to dictators, McCain said.
    “In other words, a consolidation of power. When you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press,” McCain said. “And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.”

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.