Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hurricane Irma

I live in south florida and I'm terrified. I don't have much money to just up and go to a hotel north. I'm so nervous and scared especially with my 8 year old daughter. A cat 5 is catastrophic and most homes and structures will be gone. I don't know what to do.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote BrookeAshley View Post
    I live in south florida and I'm terrified. I don't have much money to just up and go to a hotel north. I'm so nervous and scared especially with my 8 year old daughter. A cat 5 is catastrophic and most homes and structures will be gone. I don't know what to do.
    I live in South Florida as well. Listen to the news. The are posting shelters now. Do everything they tell you to do. Register with a local shelter today. Pack documents, food, water, flashlights batteries any medicine you may be taking. Have a plan. It will give you a sense of control in an uncontrollable situation. You can do this.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote JamieWAgain View Post
    I live in South Florida as well. Listen to the news. The are posting shelters now. Do everything they tell you to do. Register with a local shelter today. Pack documents, food, water, flashlights batteries any medicine you may be taking. Have a plan. It will give you a sense of control in an uncontrollable situation. You can do this.
    I agree with this. Do it now.

You can take action, you can do things to protect you and your daughter but you need to do it now. Don't wait.

Imo one of the worst mistakes you can make is thinking that you will be able to go to the grocery store to find a case of water later. It might be really, really tough later....do it now. And watch the news.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Some of the things a lot of people don't think about are lanterns....get one. Batteries....get them. And the necessities you don't think will run out....like water. Grocery stores will run out of water.

Keep your gas tank full. Do it now.

Communicate. Tell your family where you're gonna be and when. And have a plan.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yes. Also, have cash in case atms are down. Sadly I have a store on the beach. I manage it. I talked to the landlord today regarding putting up our shutters but I won't be able to leave until the authorities evacuate the island. Maybe the CEO will have an understanding that we need to close. I'm following all the directions of my weather guy. He has a live FB UPDATE happening now. I'm doing everything he says.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Please stay safe. There are things you can do now, precautions you can take now to stay safe, DO IT.

I hope you both stay safe. Take care of yourselves.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I would get out of South Florida while you can.....ASAP preferably.
    Unfortunately, gas shortages are already occurring. Water is becoming scarce to the point that stores are getting shipments and then not telling anyone when they arrive.

I have an aunt/uncle, and cousins - in THREE different cities down there. I pray they are getting out!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This morning I have a conference call and then meeting our handymen at my store as it is being shuttered this morning. We will be closed until further notice. The store is on a barrier island. I live 5 minutes away on the other side of the bridge. Irma as of this morning is projected to be a dead on hit to my town in South Florida. I'm terrified. There is no place to go. We are prepared but Ithey keep saying that Florida has never had a storm like this. I'm terrified. Pls pray for Florida.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ ((((hugs)))) praying for you. Please try to stay safe, Jamie.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm stuck in florida. Roads are too busy and no gas. Plus I can't fit my whole family in my car. Not leaving anyone behind. I'm hoping it all turns out okay. Thoughts with you Jamie..
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    If you are in Florida please note the following resources are available to you:

• For updated information regarding Irma call the Florida Emergency Information Line at 1-800-342-3557.
    • To find a shelter near you text the word "shelter" and your zip code to 4-F-E-M-A or 4-3-3-6-2.
    • For other assistance call the crisis, information, and referral line at 2-1-1.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My husband and I are home and I've got the store shuttered and the circuit breakers shut off. We are in an evacuation zone but staying put because my H. Says there is no place to go. I don't think there is a safe place.
    I'm prepared wth dog kennel, plastic tub for essentials, crackers, papers, etc...Just have to pray now.
    We also have gas in both cars.
    Brooke, how are you doing??
    PS to all:
    Thank you for caring. It means so much ....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Our home office is going to be in a direct hit on the west coast. We have 7 stores on the west coast. I'm so sick to my stomach. So many people are in harms way. So many people. I'm crying. I would rather have the storm get me rather then someon else. Pls pray or send good vibes to the west coast. They will need it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    We are safe. Scariest storm I've ever been thru. Flooding, no power, downed lines but we are safe. Not sure how our company faired. Possible destruction of 3 stores on West Coast.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote JamieWAgain View Post
    We are safe. Scariest storm I've ever been thru. Flooding, no power, downed lines but we are safe. Not sure how our company faired. Possible destruction of 3 stores on West Coast.
    Good to hear you are OK @BrookeAshley I hope you are OK and hope you check in. I hope the people you work with are OK also Jaime. I remember all too well how scary it can be, the uncertainty, the not knowing what can happen and how bad it's going to be was the worst for me. I hope you guys don't have too much damage.

Hug the ones you love.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.