Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I hate having periods but I'm still glad I'm not a dude.

Doseone's Avatar Seeped in qualia
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    It blows. Yeah, I was thinking if your arms are getting numb, it sounds like something is going on higher up. Unless there's nerve impingement at the peripheral level because of how you're sleeping? Another MRI or x-ray sounds like a good idea. A doctor mentioned mild issues in my neck but so far I don't have pain up there, just occasional clicking sounds when I rotate my head. I had physical therapy. The first couple of sessions were helpful because they showed me new exercises that I hadn't tried before. I had a spinal steroid injection which didn't help. The thing that helped the most so far has been stretches and I want to avoid surgery if possible. If you have tight shoulder muscles, definitely bring that up with your PT if you get hooked up with one.
    Did the injection hurt? They recommended that as well, but I'm not sure if I want it. Lol.

I've been doing calisthenics exercises (L sets, leg lifts, hollow bodies), but even those don't really help. I'm pretty sure my back is just too fucked up at this point. I'd be down for surgery if it helped. I'm so sick of pain. I wish I had money so I could fly to Panama and get stem cell injections. I heard good things about it.
    It's the well water black of a digital clock.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    Did the injection hurt? They recommended that as well, but I'm not sure if I want it. Lol.

I've been doing calisthenics exercises (L sets, leg lifts, hollow bodies), but even those don't really help. I'm pretty sure my back is just too fucked up at this point. I'd be down for surgery if it helped. I'm so sick of pain. I wish I had money so I could fly to Panama and get stem cell injections. I heard good things about it.
    The pain wasn't bad. It happens quickly and a local anesthetic was used. It was actually more uncomfortable afterward because I felt pressure when the anesthetic wore off. That clinic was horrible though, patients were processed quickly like at a meat factory. He may have not injected in the right spot as he did it by the naked eye instead of this:

"With the aid of an x-ray fluoroscope, the doctor directs a hollow needle through the skin and between the bony vertebrae into the epidural space. Fluoroscopy allows the doctor to watch the needle in real-time on the x-ray monitor, ensuring that the needle goes to the desired location. Some discomfort occurs, but patients more commonly feel pressure than pain."

So that may be why it didn't help me much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @sunrise
    Yeah, that sounds shady. I watched a video on how the procedure is done a while back and the area seems very specific. I seriously doubt it could be accurately found by hand. That's pretty crazy! Stuff like that is what scares me about surgery. I guess that's the medical industry for you. =/ But hey, at least we have it better than when bloodletting and the like was the norm.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wished I had done research before I agreed to it. He offered it at my first appt with him and I just went along with it. Duh. Well, you know better, so it could go much better for you. Back surgery I heard is hit and miss so I'm wary of going there.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I got prescribed Tramadol which is a supposed to be similar to opiods, so I'm hoping this will finally help. I also got a shot of something yesterday which really helped (I forgot the name). I'm also finally going to be starting physical therapy soon.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tramadol rang a bell and I realized I have a bottle of that. I didn't realize it was an opioid or maybe I did and forgot. I'm pretty wary of opioids, so I'll fill the prescription but they just end up sitting in the cupboard. Was that shot a steroid? Glad you're getting relief.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Tramadol rang a bell and I realized I have a bottle of that. I didn't realize it was an opioid or maybe I did and forgot. I'm pretty wary of opioids, so I'll fill the prescription but they just end up sitting in the cupboard. Was that shot a steroid? Glad you're getting relief.
    I don't think it's technically an opioid, but it works similarly. Either way, I'm pretty cautious of the heavier stuff as well. It does seem to be helping, but not as much as that shot. It's not as strong as I thought it would be. But no, that wasn't a steroid injection. She told me the name, but I forgot it. I don't think I can get that everyday. It was just something that she offered, so I figured I try it. Lol.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    So I got prescribed Tramadol which is a supposed to be similar to opiods, so I'm hoping this will finally help. I also got a shot of something yesterday which really helped (I forgot the name). I'm also finally going to be starting physical therapy soon.
    I had a friend that used to take Tramadol for back pain whilst she was waiting steriod injections for it. It worked amazingly for her, so I hope it works for you too.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Gastritis. Not an emetaphobics favourite thing to pick up. Was throwing up so much I thought I was going to choke. Ended up in a hospital for a few hours. Late into the night. Having all sorts of tests done on me. Been fed drips and the likes. Now it is medication to allow the body to recover as it took a battering. Insides were raw. No hot foods for the first few days. Just hurt if I ate the wrong thing. All to do with the lining. Said me to the doctor ' It was like my stomach was in my throat '. Still recovering. Pains here and there. But starting to eat a bit more by way of hotter foods and drinks. My mother playing nurse buys all these healthy sort of foods. Bless her. My body is like ' what is this strange healthy food '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I HATE ANTIBIOTICS! I hope I don't go back to the dentist for another problem after my crown being removed. I hope I only deal with cleanings there and less pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.