Thread: Back In School

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Back In School

I just wanted to share with everyone that I dropped out of High School halfway through the 10th grade at the age of 15 due to severe physical/mental bullying & depression. I just turned 18 a month ago & decided I need to overcome this rut & do SOMETHING. I tried glancing at the GED book once & honestly couldn't understand anything so I was discouraged about it. Then I had someone tell me I could possibly get into Homeschooling for my High School Diploma & that it would be a lot better for me than a GED. I went to my Aunt for help since she had my cousin in Homeschool & knew all about it. She emailed a teacher friend & she emailed her back with a couple of links to 2 different Homeschool methods. One of them sounded too complicated but the other sounded just perfect for me so I sent an email asking would they accept a 10th grade dropout since some wouldn't. Well the next day they called me since I left my number & said I was approved and to get my application filled out & I start School ASAP. I should have my High School Diploma in a year & a half or 2 she said.

I'm not posting this to brag. I'm posting this to inspire anyone that's having a rough time dealing with bullying & depression. Anyone that's quit school & felt like it was a mistake. I'm posting this to say that if you're under the age of 21, YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE. You just have to try. I feel pretty proud of myself for overcoming my anxiety & getting back in the school system. I'm determined to get my diploma & go to college afterwards. I want to make the best of this life while I still got it. I refuse to let anyone or anything take this away from me again. ♥

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    good im glad (hug), you should be proud of yrself

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm sorta doing the same thing right now. We don't get diplomas over here, but I'm homeschooling to get something similar on some online thing. Hope it works out for you. How are you doing yours, out of curiosity? Is yours online?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Go you - school is a very very very difficult time for a young person, some get through it easily enough but for those who struggle just remember that it will come to an end. It is really positive what you are doing and I really hope it all goes as planned you are really brave. Don't ever worry about bosting on here, we need all the positive stories we can get. Keep us updated on how you get on. Cheering for you xxxx
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks so much everyone! *hugs*

Quote Otherside View Post
    I'm sorta doing the same thing right now. We don't get diplomas over here, but I'm homeschooling to get something similar on some online thing. Hope it works out for you. How are you doing yours, out of curiosity? Is yours online?
    I went on a site called Tschaa which is ran by a family that does homeschooling but you never have to see them. They just send you links & stuff to the work you do so it's like you're homeschooling yourself. It isn't a K12 thing. It's regular homeschool but I do need to be on the computer & write a 3 page essay once a month for English. I haven't started yet but will any day now so there's still a lot that needs to be explained to me that I'm going over Monday but it's pretty simple. Not overwhelming they said cause I told them how I help keep my 2 year old sister & the house up. They told me an hour a day of school any time of the day would be all I have to do. I can do that. I'm feeling pretty content & confident with myself. I have my Aunt to thank for that since she's the one that's been helping me.

It feels pretty nice to see the shocked expressions on people's faces that made fun of me for dropping out. Now they're like "Wow... She's actually doing it" & feel bad about calling me a dumb loser now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Rawr View Post
    I just wanted to share with everyone that I dropped out of High School halfway through the 10th grade at the age of 15 due to severe physical/mental bullying & depression. I just turned 18 a month ago & decided I need to overcome this rut & do SOMETHING. I tried glancing at the GED book once & honestly couldn't understand anything so I was discouraged about it. Then I had someone tell me I could possibly get into Homeschooling for my High School Diploma & that it would be a lot better for me than a GED. I went to my Aunt for help since she had my cousin in Homeschool & knew all about it. She emailed a teacher friend & she emailed her back with a couple of links to 2 different Homeschool methods. One of them sounded too complicated but the other sounded just perfect for me so I sent an email asking would they accept a 10th grade dropout since some wouldn't. Well the next day they called me since I left my number & said I was approved and to get my application filled out & I start School ASAP. I should have my High School Diploma in a year & a half or 2 she said.

I'm not posting this to brag. I'm posting this to inspire anyone that's having a rough time dealing with bullying & depression. Anyone that's quit school & felt like it was a mistake. I'm posting this to say that if you're under the age of 21, YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE. You just have to try. I feel pretty proud of myself for overcoming my anxiety & getting back in the school system. I'm determined to get my diploma & go to college afterwards. I want to make the best of this life while I still got it. I refuse to let anyone or anything take this away from me again. ♥
    I'm so proud of you for doing all this. It takes a very brave person to make big changes.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I'm so proud of you for doing all this. It takes a very brave person to make big changes.
    Thanks!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.