Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

Christmas gift help.. I'm not much of a shopper

For my older brother (27). He's a professional office 9-5 guy, introverted and low-key. Not really the douchebag type when it comes to fashion, doesn't care about impressing others outside what's necessary. Which would you rather have if you fit this description? (My brother would just tell me not to get him anything, or to get him something cheap like candy which is why I don't ask him). I want to pretend my gifts this year to my loved ones will be the very last I'll ever give them, so no Reese's Pieces this year 8l

hugoboss.jpg

My rationale: He lent me his watch, which I can no longer give back because it's all scratched up and possibly contaminated with C. Diff (don't ask). He's not mad at all about it or anything but yeah. Would you wear this watch?

or

bomber.jpg

My rationale: It rains in Vancouver a lot (where we live) and this thing has a hood. Is this the kind of jacket one would wear when going out with buddies? Guys?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tough decision. Both are very nice things. I'd say both haha but if you can't afford both, I'd say... get the jacket

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply.. It would cost around $400 together which is a tad above what I wanted to spend (I don't have a job), but if I really can't make a decision, I'll buy both

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No need to make your bank account weep and scream when getting someone a gift. I'm sure he will really like either item

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted a leather jacket for Christmas so I bought myself one. :3 It's a bigger box to open too, that's always more fun.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would be disappointed if i got one of those instead of the candy. they're nice things but candy man. nothing beats the instantaneous reward of candy. what does it matter that you'll only have an empty bag left to remember it by an hour later. you enjoyed the hell out of that candy. it was great candy. if there was a gummy kind like sweedish fish it was even more awesome. i haven't had those in years but i still remember dropping fish after fish into my open mouth until there was hundreds of fish that had swam down that cavern into darkness. if he likes certain types then you could get him the best kind of those. people who are serious about their candy will have specific preferences but they'll always be looking for something new and better than what they like. this isn't the person that settles on eating one type of chocolate for the rest of his life it's the person who is enchanted by all the candy shops as an adult. important difference. so if he's more like that then i would consider going with the candy. my mom doesn't like candy like i do so i know she underestimates how much i want it when i ask for chocolate but my christmas morning couldn't be any more incomplete without chocolate. she could be gone but if i had the chocolate then it would be okay.

the saner thing to do is probably not listen to the candy crazed person and get them something that you think is in their best interests, that they'll like for years to come and will remind them of you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would say the watch, i think it's really nice, i would prefer it over the jacket to be honest

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Funny, I bought my boyfriend a watch last year for Christmas and this year I got him a leather jacket
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the watch.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I was having a pretty tiring time at the department store looking at the watches (and was too intimidated to ask the counter people for help :<)... Eventually I just decided to scrap both ideas and got him Hockey Canada stuff instead, seeing as the Olympics are coming up and all.

I didn't find the jacket in person, but the watch does look pretty spiffy in real life. I'll keep it in my back pocket for future gift ideas

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm way late responding, but if your bro is professional & low key he might like the watch more for a future gift.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.