Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

People are rude.

I'm extremely frustrated with the level of rudeness within the general human population.
    First off, because this was absolutely ridiculous- last week my mother and I went to see a theater performance. Mind you, this was in a big city, the theatre was crowded, and it was an evening show so there were plenty of large families there with kids. We had to wait in a line to get in and then people were pushing and shoving all over the place, and I know I'm not very good with reading social cues, but this woman had NOT made it clear to me that I had to get out of the way. She and her 3 little daughters just sort of jumped out in front of us in line, anyway. I think it was clear who had the right of way there. She turned to me and very rudely said "EXCUSE ME," and when I was apologizing and clearly embarrassed, she continued on about how I should really watch where I'm going.
    Went out to eat with my parents that same night and the service in the restaurant was HORRIBLE. My mom asked the girl at the desk how long we had to wait, and she said 20 minutes. My mom asked again 15 minutes later and she rudely informed my mother that she'd just asked 15 minutes ago and to be patient. She then let a party of 6 who had been waiting for 10 minutes go ahead of us. I was sitting at the bar with my dad while we had to wait and I guess the bartender had been trying to get our attention, but we couldn't hear him. We weren't ordering drinks or anything, we were just sitting there. So finally, he asked us what we wanted and neither of us were sure if he was talking to us, so he shook his head at us in a very annoyed manner and just said, "Wow. OK then," and gave rude looks in our direction and to the other people sitting at the bar... They proceeded to LAUGH.
    Frankly, I'm sick of people.
    At work a few weeks ago, an older middle-aged female client really didn't like the advertisement I'd done for her business. I said it was perfectly OK if she didn't like it, and she could ask me to re-do it or have someone else in my department cover it for her. Instead, she made an underhanded comment to my supervisor about how much (or little) I should really be getting paid for this. The way she talked to me was condescending and she was treating me like a kid. I understand that I'm young compared to her but this was just awful.
    Before Christmas vacation started my roommate by accident locked me out of my suite in campus housing, assuming I had my key when I went to get breakfast. It wasn't his fault. I went to knock on the door for one of the Res Assistants to get the spare key and a girl came out of her room across the hall, asked me if I was locked out, laughed, and walked away. SERIOUSLY?!
    While on the subject of school, there is a female student in my graphics course that I'm very good friends with. She and I are both socially awkward and have come to terms with it and sort of bonded over that and we spend a lot of time talking and joking around during class. We have never been informed by a professor or another student that we are disruptive by any means. I'm friendly with most of the students in this class. The young lady who sits in the row in front of us often shakes her head, rolls her eyes, gives us nasty looks, or comments under her breath or to her desk partner. Her dislike seems particularly directed at me, which I don't understand. I've never done anything intentionally to upset her and I think she just doesn't like my personality and finds me awkward and annoying. But she really should just come out and say it to my face rather than talking behind my back, which I've been told several times that she does. I overheard her saying to a classmate that she thinks my friend and I are "the perfect special-needs couple." That's just offensive. Not that it matters, but I've never actually been classified as having "special needs," anyway.
    Sorry for the long rant, but I'm at my wit's end with society. I really can't stand people. Everyone needs a reality check these days!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry that you are having people problems. Sometimes the weather, the holidays, etc. makes people act worse than usual. Although some of the situations you describe are the type of thing that as I've gotten older piss me off to the point where I may have spoken out. The "mean" girl from your graphics course may have earned herself an"evil" comment from me.

I can be quite mean to those who belittle others in order to feel superior. I mean I'm not perfect and occasionally get exasperated with one of my co-workers stupidity. She is slow, but always eager to work even if she finds the hardest way possible to complete a task she is very nice.

You seem nice. Try to stay that way the world needs more people like you. There is so much negative energy out there, I try hard not to contribute to it and by doing so I've actually met some really nice people in this world and I hope you do as well. Cheers Donna.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, glad to know there are nice people like you guys who agree with me and can provide support :>
    Makes it a lot easier.
    Thnx
    /Keddy
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.