Thread: Seriously!?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Seriously!?

Okay... I just have to rant here. So today on Facebook, one of my mother's friends tagged her in a status pretty much saying that worrying is a selfish sin after my mom had just told her she's worried about her new job. SERIOUSLY!? Ladies & gentlemen. Let me be the one to throw in that her friend recently quit working to be at home & let her husband that cheats on her & father pay for everything so of course she doesn't have to worry about nothing but OH WHEN SHE WORKED WE ALL HEARD HER WORRIES! Don't you just hate the uptight Christians that wont follow their own words but try to bash them on everyone else that's innocent just cause they're unhappy with their-selves & their life. That's pretty much her cause like I said. Her husband cheats on her, calls her a [BEEP] & she even looks up other men on Facebook that use to be her customers when she worked. I pretty much threw that in her face & the fact that she's already been married once before but divorced so that's counted as an act of sin to a lot of Christians too. She's just like "Don't remind me!" lol.

I was just telling her at first that Facebook isn't the place to tag someone in a status about having a selfish sin to embarrass them like that. She said it was to inspire, not embarrass but my mother was really upset about it so that's when I started name calling like "Bible Basher". Then her cousin jumps in & other women defending her saying I'm an ugly person thats damned to hell. Her cousin always talks crap about me & is mean to me so I finally sent her a message telling her everything I've thought about her over the past years so she tells everyone under the status "Y'all should see what that little girl send me LOL!!! I told you not to talk to them people!". I did find it humorous however that I told her that women who are stick thin like her & put they're fat all the time on Facebook are retarded as hell. Yeah I did go overboard with the insults but I don't care. I was MAD cause nobody humiliates my mother on a social media site.

So now I've been getting messages from pissed off Christian women saying I'm an ugly little girl & I'm not welcomed in their Church. Like LOL. I just said they need to pray about their-selves since they don't like their lives nor body images that they have to call people out on Facebook like that. Stupid wannabe Christians. They make Agnostic & Atheist people like me dislike them. Like seriously... All my friends are usually Agnostic or Atheist & they're chill but when I talk to a Christian they're usually more temperamental & judgmental. I'm sorry if you're a Christian & reading this but hopefully you aren't the type of Christian that I'm describing these ladies to be on here cause if you aren't you're fine in my book. I'm Agnostic so I really don't care what you are as long as you don't Bible Bash me or tag me in statuses.

So it's safe to say most of everyone hates me & I'm just sitting here like "whatever" lol. This is actually the one huge reason why I hate living in the South cause subjects like Christianity, Race & Homosexuality are a HUGE thing still.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christianity is not meant to be a weapon. What your Mom's friend did was not very friend like nor Christian like. There is a whole parable in the bible about stoning a woman who was a sinner and Jesus interrupts the action by saying let the one among you without sin cast the first stone. I'm sure that probably several of your Mom's friends and others thought the woman's post or tag was ridiculous.

Due to the over reaction you got back maybe they were reluctant to take her on. I really doubt that everyone hates you and most are probably glad you spoke out. In situations like this I tend to be the one who will stand up for someone and although it's lonely place at least you held to your values.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    Christianity is not meant to be a weapon. What your Mom's friend did was not very friend like nor Christian like. There is a whole parable in the bible about stoning a woman who was a sinner and Jesus interrupts the action by saying let the one among you without sin cast the first stone. I'm sure that probably several of your Mom's friends and others thought the woman's post or tag was ridiculous.

Due to the over reaction you got back maybe they were reluctant to take her on. I really doubt that everyone hates you and most are probably glad you spoke out. In situations like this I tend to be the one who will stand up for someone and although it's lonely place at least you held to your values.

Only her little wannabe Christian clique liked what she posted & was attacking me. Nobody else so yeah you're right. I've talked to others about the situation as well for an input & they all agreed that she shouldn't have done such a thing on Facebook for everyone to see. Not very Christian nor friend like & that's all I was trying to tell her to begin with. Not everyone is gonna believe in God & be a Christian. You can't force them & make them feel like crap because of it. If they're content with their beliefs then leave them alone. I know I'm the most content being Agnostic cause I'm open-minded. Not forced to obey by any set standards. I go by my own call so thank you for understanding that all I was doing was holding my values & standing up for a loved one.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rawr, you had every right to stand up for your mother. Merc is right, religion should NEVER be used as a weapon. I was raised Irish Catholic but I've really strayed away from religion nowadays, especially since I'm almost 21 and still not allowed to "say the Lord's name in vain." Grow up, Mom and Dad...
    People are horrible. I purposely don't have a Facebook or use social media because people are horrible. Facebook is the epicenter of drama and I don't see much use for it.
    This woman sounds like she's off her rocker, by the way. You're not an "ugly little girl" and personally I think it's kind of childish that she'd call you that in the first place. Jeesh.
    And you're right about some (but not all) Christians being judgmental. Or at least the seriously devout religious nuts are (sorry if I'm offending anyone btw...). My mom's entire side of the family thinks I'm gay because I've never had a girlfriend and they are perpetually judgmental toward me for it. That's insane. And even if I was gay, it really shouldn't make any difference toward how they treated me. It's just not fun to have 7-year-old cousins and 9-year-old cousins who ask questions like "Keddy, are you gay?"
    I'm sorry you had to deal with all this

Religion, especially Christianity, is a topic that gets me pretty fired up, so feel free to talk about it with me. I understand your frustration. I hope you feel better, Rawr. And don't listen to people who shoot you down like that. You were doing the right thing standing up for your mom.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'd have done the same (although my mother doesn't use Facebook since she's decreed that it would be a massive waste of her time and technology is evil). Christians like that give the others a bad name, and only serves to feed the stereotype that they are self-righteous, intolerant ass-holes. from what I can see though, that woman went really overboard.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Keddy View Post
    Rawr, you had every right to stand up for your mother. Merc is right, religion should NEVER be used as a weapon. I was raised Irish Catholic but I've really strayed away from religion nowadays, especially since I'm almost 21 and still not allowed to "say the Lord's name in vain." Grow up, Mom and Dad...
    People are horrible. I purposely don't have a Facebook or use social media because people are horrible. Facebook is the epicenter of drama and I don't see much use for it.
    This woman sounds like she's off her rocker, by the way. You're not an "ugly little girl" and personally I think it's kind of childish that she'd call you that in the first place. Jeesh.
    And you're right about some (but not all) Christians being judgmental. Or at least the seriously devout religious nuts are (sorry if I'm offending anyone btw...). My mom's entire side of the family thinks I'm gay because I've never had a girlfriend and they are perpetually judgmental toward me for it. That's insane. And even if I was gay, it really shouldn't make any difference toward how they treated me. It's just not fun to have 7-year-old cousins and 9-year-old cousins who ask questions like "Keddy, are you gay?"
    I'm sorry you had to deal with all this

Religion, especially Christianity, is a topic that gets me pretty fired up, so feel free to talk about it with me. I understand your frustration. I hope you feel better, Rawr. And don't listen to people who shoot you down like that. You were doing the right thing standing up for your mom.
    Thanks! Only thing I regret is using so much vulgar language since it made me look trashy to most but I was just soooo angry & didn't know any other way to express my anger but it just had to get out. I try to avoid the topic of Religion. Makes me really uncomfortable. Just when I think I understand Christianity & feel a connection to God, some prick has to blow steam at me saying that's not all it takes to be a true Christian. I really don't care about being a stereotypical Christian or anything. I just want to be at peace & happy ya know? I could be right with God & not claim myself to be a Christian. I think it's more of a social mortal term to be honest but maybe I'm just sounding like an idiot lol?

Quote Otherside View Post
    I'd have done the same (although my mother doesn't use Facebook since she's decreed that it would be a massive waste of her time and technology is evil). Christians like that give the others a bad name, and only serves to feed the stereotype that they are self-righteous, intolerant ass-holes. from what I can see though, that woman went really overboard.
    Yeah she has issues bad. Use to be a pretty heavy drinker, Xanax Popper & Weed smoker. From time to time she still has a drink & a Xanax even though she likes to pretend that she doesn't. I'm just like "Nobody cares if you have one of those things from time to time or not. Just don't try to be something you're not. Lots depend on alcohol or medication & it's fine as long as you don't go overboard with either one of them".

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Rawr View Post
    I could be right with God & not claim myself to be a Christian. I think it's more of a social mortal term to be honest but maybe I'm just sounding like an idiot lol?
    You don't sound like an idiot. Don't worry
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Keddy View Post
    You don't sound like an idiot. Don't worry
    Thanks.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.