Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I know this can be a painful subject but.............

For those mother's here............Happy Mother's Day

But yes, Mother's Day can suck. It's the day some people dread ...............mothers and children. Mothers wait patiently hoping for some recognition. Children wonder how they will get through this charade.

But my question is this.....................

What is your definition of a perfect mother?

For me, a perfect mother would be honest, kind, considerate, loving and someone who knows personal space.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great topic, chantellabella.

My perfect mother would be one who would encourage me to always be myself -- and actually allow me to be myself. She motivates and encourages me in a positive way to do great things in life. And if things are a focus on her, she would be living her own life as well... with her own hobbies and interests, rather than trying to control every bit of my life so she could live vicariously through me. The perfect mother would be someone I could easily come to to talk about everything that's going on in my life -- without being judged so harshly and put down. Someone I could actually be friends with.

Mother's Day really makes me sad. It makes me feel even more sad seeing posts on Instagram and such from people who let the world know how much they love their mom. I don't have a reason to do that. If I just put it out there that she's "the best person" ever -- it would all just be straight bullshit, because that's the extreme opposite from how I really feel about her.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I love my mum and I know she loves me - she shows it in her way which can be very hard to accept when I see other peoples relationships. I wouldn't trade her but there are times where I wish she would have hugged me as a kid and asked if I was okay.
    life---> <---me

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'll be honest here n' say I dunno a thing about mothers day. Didn't have much in the way of a family always pretty much went it alone.
    I had a lady in my life once who was like a mother to me....she taught me guitar, helped me when i was in trouble..was always there for me and was exactly what I wanted in such. But in 2010 she left everyone she knew including her own family to join a religious cult in turner valley and I never saw her again.

Some days I wish she could see me on guitar now...

If i ever find a surrogate to have kids of my own, I'm going to give them all the love an things I never had.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll never be close with my mother on an emotional level, and that's a shame because we seem to share many of the same issues. However, she's also very loving and kind and I don't deserve to have her house and feed me at this stage of my life. I know that's a lot more than some people have, so I try to be thankful and I hope that my appreciation is apparent in my actions/words.

I've been feeling bad for my aunt all day...she's got a son in his 30's. Raised him on her own. Most years she doesn't even get a phone call or a card from him on holidays. She's such a sweet woman and always goes out of her way to help everybody. She doesn't deserve to be forgotten or have her efforts go unnoticed. I don't understand why he can't just pick up the phone.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't believe that a perfect Mom exists. Yet, I do believe that my Mom did her best at raising all six of us. I have three children and when I try to image dealing with three more kids. I respect my Mom even more now.

It's not always easy to know the right thing to do. I was angry with my oldest daughter. She gets my other daughter upset and then her mouth does't shut up with complaints about what the oldest got that she didn't get and it's no fair and I'm always the blah blah blah!!!!!!!The oldest can't take the back-talk situation which she created by trying to convince the middle child that she is being stupid so then oldest hauls off and smacks the middle child. It was over something so incredible stupid!!!!
    I remember fighting with my siblings like this but maybe it not being so annoying or stupid but it probably was.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A rich and generous mother who only wanted the best for her family

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.