Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Oklahoma Teacher Shows Up Drunk and Pantsless to Her First Day of Work

Bad Teacher!

http://gawker.com/oklahoma-teacher-s...-fi-1617231453

There are innumerable ways to screw up your first day of work, but some of them have a little more panache than others. A new teacher in Wagoner, Okla. was arrested on her first day after showing up at the school both drunk and without pants.

School officials called Wagoner police around 9 a.m. on Monday morning to report that Lorie Ann Hill, 49, seemed out of sorts and also was missing the lower half of her clothing. Police arrived to find her in an empty classroom, and determined, presumably without too much trouble, that she was under the influence of alcohol.

"She was found in a room kind of disoriented," Police Chief Bob Haley told the Tulsa World. "By the time we got there she was in a room and wearing shorts."

Hill admitted to police she'd been drinking, and a search of her car turned up an empty cup that reportedly smelled of vodka. Haley said, though, that there wasn't enough evidence to prove she drove to the school drunk, and no "credible witnesses" at her home, whatever that might mean. She was spared a DUI charge, and booked into Wagoner City Jail only on suspicion of public intoxication.

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    Bad Teacher!

http://gawker.com/oklahoma-teacher-s...-fi-1617231453

There are innumerable ways to screw up your first day of work, but some of them have a little more panache than others. A new teacher in Wagoner, Okla. was arrested on her first day after showing up at the school both drunk and without pants.

School officials called Wagoner police around 9 a.m. on Monday morning to report that Lorie Ann Hill, 49, seemed out of sorts and also was missing the lower half of her clothing. Police arrived to find her in an empty classroom, and determined, presumably without too much trouble, that she was under the influence of alcohol.

"She was found in a room kind of disoriented," Police Chief Bob Haley told the Tulsa World. "By the time we got there she was in a room and wearing shorts."

Hill admitted to police she'd been drinking, and a search of her car turned up an empty cup that reportedly smelled of vodka. Haley said, though, that there wasn't enough evidence to prove she drove to the school drunk, and no "credible witnesses" at her home, whatever that might mean. She was spared a DUI charge, and booked into Wagoner City Jail only on suspicion of public intoxication.

Definitely a "how not to keep a job" spokesperson.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This really just made me sad. Maybe she was just trying to ease first day anxiety jitters. I don't drink but one of the therapists I saw said social anxiety and alcoholism or drug abuse is very common. He said it was unusual to see someone with my level of anxiety who didn't have a substance abuse problem.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    This really just made me sad. Maybe she was just trying to ease first day anxiety jitters. I don't drink but one of the therapists I saw said social anxiety and alcoholism or drug abuse is very common. He said it was unusual to see someone with my level of anxiety who didn't have a substance abuse problem.
    I had heard a statistic that said about 50% of alcoholics had underlying anxiety issues.

Work on the anxiety, the alcoholism goes away. Facing life itself does the same thing.

I don't know if I would want to see that VOLUPTUOUS body, though. I would bet that she would have pencil legs holding all that up.
    I also wonder what grade she was about to teach.

"Okay class *stumble* - we have a lessssson on how many charges I have. If I have a DUI charge, a Public Intoxication charge, a public indecency charge, and the DUI and nudey charges removed, how many do I have left? *hiccup*"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was thinking about this. She either had to be a teacher's aide or a private preschool teacher, because if she went to college, student taught and got her degree, she would not show up to school in shorts. It sounds like the newspaper sensationalized it.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Moved here.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does she look physically sick?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She kind of has that puffy look people who take steroids wind up with. It's also her mug shot!! I still feel bad for her. She seems to be from some small town in Oklahoma and she will never ever live this down. Even if she lives an exemplary life the rest of her days, some jealous bitty will remind everyone. Also, this is the type of thing that lives on in infamy. As in remember when that Hill woman showed up to teach school drunk and pant less there's all kind of crazy in that family so I'm sure all of her relatives past and present are bearing the brunt of this.

And yes Cindy, the paper did sensationalize this and I bet this edition of the paper sold out. Our local paper out here tends to hype local scandal. It's one of the reasons I really have little interest in getting my old reporting job back. Did you ever read "The Shipping News?" It was made into a movie but the book is so much better. Anyway, the editor of that paper knew what his customers wanted and he provided it.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote cameron View Post
    Is it just me or does she look physically sick?
    Quote merc View Post
    She kind of has that puffy look people who take steroids wind up with.
    The name of the disease is Cushings and can be formed from pituitary tumors (it can be steroid induced but also tumor induced). There is a rumor around that she actually had brain tumors (after doing some research in the story). I'm part of a large Cushing's community who had evedance she had it and could explain some of her bazzuire bahviour. Including smelling drunk from hormone reactions (she was never given a drug test to see if she was drinking).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh gosh look at that the plot thickens

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    this is a med photo of someone who has the cushings syndrome does look like the teacher http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws....6003600380.png

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.