Thread: Bad day

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad day

This has just been one of those days where maybe I should have just stayed in bed. I haven't had one of these in quite some time. First off I got up and I really didn't want go to work. I went. It was ok. I was all by myself doing carts, then everyone joined me. I like working by myself. Today's manager made us all work together in a group. It was truly awful. Too many people, I was bumping into others, I don't know with weird personalties and odd boring stories. I really had nothing to contribute so I just worked and was quiet which only makes me feel freakish for not liking working with others. I escaped....I found some merchandise that went to a different location only to be asked by the manager why wasn't I with the others. I informed him that these items were on carts but belonged in this location and he left me alone. One bright spot was I left at my scheduled time although the manager seemed annoyed that I wanted to leave.
    By my estimation there was probably about with say three people an hours worth of work maybe a half hour if we actually worked. There were about six people, so I'm going to punch out sit for 30 minutes to work about 30 minutes more. Not today.

I do realize that to some people being alone is like torture. Yet, a whole lot of times I prefer solitude.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    This has just been one of those days where maybe I should have just stayed in bed. I haven't had one of these in quite some time. First off I got up and I really didn't want go to work. I went. It was ok. I was all by myself doing carts, then everyone joined me. I like working by myself. Today's manager made us all work together in a group. It was truly awful. Too many people, I was bumping into others, I don't know with weird personalties and odd boring stories. I really had nothing to contribute so I just worked and was quiet which only makes me feel freakish for not liking working with others. I escaped....I found some merchandise that went to a different location only to be asked by the manager why wasn't I with the others. I informed him that these items were on carts but belonged in this location and he left me alone. One bright spot was I left at my scheduled time although the manager seemed annoyed that I wanted to leave.
    By my estimation there was probably about with say three people an hours worth of work maybe a half hour if we actually worked. There were about six people, so I'm going to punch out sit for 30 minutes to work about 30 minutes more. Not today.

I do realize that to some people being alone is like torture. Yet, a whole lot of times I prefer solitude.
    I understand. I need alone time to re-charge. I get overwhelmed also if there's a bunch of people around me. I tend to stay for a couple of minutes and then I go off by myself. So yes, I understand.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Too much of anything can be bad. I prefer one-on-one interaction with maybe four people being my max—more than that and I get mentally exhausted (and a little agitated) pretty quickly. Even with a small number of people I can only handle so much and need to have some alone time to recharge.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for responding. I always feel like a freak because I tend to sometimes not want to socialize. Also, at work currently I'm dealing with a new person who never shuts up. She bables on and on non-stop. Occasionally, I think we are all guilty of this, but I think she just can't stand the sound of silence and hearing every detail of her walk with her three year old.

Any way today was so much a better day. I also found a rare person; someone with whom I got along with right off the bat and can hold an "interesting conversation." I love when I meet these rare individuals.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    Thanks for responding. I always feel like a freak because I tend to sometimes not want to socialize. Also, at work currently I'm dealing with a new person who never shuts up. She bables on and on non-stop. Occasionally, I think we are all guilty of this, but I think she just can't stand the sound of silence and hearing every detail of her walk with her three year old.

Any way today was so much a better day. I also found a rare person; someone with whom I got along with right off the bat and can hold an "interesting conversation." I love when I meet these rare individuals.
    I'm glad you found someone that you enjoy.

And with the babbler..............I've found that parents can deal with them if we employ the not listening mode that we use with our kids. I honestly don't hear screaming children in the library, nor my co-worker's complaints. It's a gift parents are given.

You can also try to put a favorite song in your head. it tends to drown out people while putting a smile on your face. They think you're pleased with them and your head is saved from exploding.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.