Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Happy St. Patrick's day

I don't know if it's an official holiday around the world. As an irish person working today sucks xx
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'd love to visit Ireland during St. Patrick's day celebrations! Maybe next year?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh my gosh you totally should. I think we have celebrations throughout the weekend, which I'm off for so yay to that
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    I don't know if it's an official holiday around the world. As an irish person working today sucks xx
    I'm surprised it's not a National Holiday in Ireland. We have the tradition here also, even though it's not a holiday. There's a really dumb tradition that if you don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, somebody is allowed to punch or pinch you. I have a really immature co-worker who came up to me yesterday and said, "You're not wearing green, so I get to pinch you." My first thought was, "Go ahead and try it. I could use punching somebody in the face today." But instead, I just told her that I graduated from elementary school so get over it.

To be honest, I hated St. Patrick's Day growing up. It was always an excuse for the bullies to beat up on the poor kids who may not have had the color green in their wardrobe. I had 3 dresses. None of them were green. So I dreaded going to school because some idiot made up some stupid tradition and it was open season on poor kids.

Then I got married on St. Patrick's Day.

Sorry to be such a downer. I know it's a wonderful holiday in Ireland and I know why it is celebrated. Here in the United States, it's just been made into something ugly and stupid. How sad.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It is a holiday here but nursing never stops.

Oh wow, we do not have that here...the not wearing green and being pinched. Tbh I was kind of happy to be working as people just get silly drunk and it's gross. I'm going to celebrate at the weekend, by going to the zoo with my boyfriend. I'm sorry it holds bad memories for you.
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.