Thread: Organ Donation

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)

Organ Donation

Big question. Should organ donation be mandatory? Some countries have it this way. Others are considering it. Some have an opt out policy. Fact is you will be dead. You won't need your organs. Makes good sense to me. The organs from one dead person could give four other people life. Good idea or bad idea? I know in the past in some countries, Ireland included, they did remove organs from dead babies without telling the parents. This did cause a big stir here when it first came out. Opinions please?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    IMO (and I'm an organ donor) mandatory organ donation is wrong. I love that others can live on with our eyes, kidneys, heart, etc, but it should be up to the donor or the donor's family if the deceased has not made a living will.
    It's wrong because mandatory organ donation takes our autonomy away, even if we are no longer alive. I can see it happening though.
    Great question.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    You should have a choice. Maybe the opt out thing, but more talk and information is needed for people. I have and always will be a donor. It is an amazing gift for so many.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Think how it works in the countries were it is mandatory is that you are in, like it or not. but can sign a form to opt out. All came about because of lack of donors. People were not willing to become donors. You die, You are buried or Cremated and your body parts are gone anyway. But they should inform people in countries what the rules are. Simple fact is they need more organs.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Hell NO stay out of my bedroom STAY OUT OF MY BODY!!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.