Page 354 of 424 FirstFirst ... 154 254 304 344 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 364 404 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 6354
    Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got mail that was addressed to... you know.
    Like, don't they know he's gone?

I also have to clean up my basement, and I know I'm going to find a lot of triggery [BEEP] down there. My basement is where my past went to die.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I can't handle anything in life!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Dear The idiots who got voted into the government,

It is nice to see that you understand that disability can be mental instead of just physical. I'm glad to see that one of the prime ministers aides believes that "disability payments should go to the truly disabled, not those who sit at home and take pills with anxiety." I'm also glad that he has some grand insight into this because he has "previously suffered from anxiety and depression", and therefore, nobody can comment on what he said or say that he's wrong.

Perhaps I should make my case as to why I consider my mental illness to be a disability. You see, I appreciate that it's episodal. I appreciate that it fluctuates. I am not sick all the time.

When I get depressed, I do not get out of bed for anything. I mean literally anything. I will not get out of bed to use the toilets. I will not wash, or shower. I will not move. I begin to loose weight because I'm forgetting to eat. If nobody tells me to eat, I won't do it because I do not feel hungry and nothing in my brain is telling me to eat. When I do remember I need to eat, I'll eat very little. There's no appetite whatsoever. I'm lucky if I even have the motivation to make something to eat. It's just not there. Clothes won't get washed for weeks. Bins won't be empty and they'll be overflowing. At the worst, I started to believe I could hear people's thoughts, and that they were coming to kill me. I cannot be left with my pills because I will most likely overdose on them. My parents have to look them away. And If I do have them and I'm not OD'ing...I'm forgetting to take them and my condition is getting worse. If I'm manic, I start to spend and I cannot stop. My bank account will be empty within the day, every single bit of money spent on some useless crap. I don't sleep, I can't focus, everything is irritating me. I can't stand the sound of people breathing. I'm the most irrate, paranoid, angry person you could come across.

On the side of anxiety - I'll turn up to bus stops an hour before my bus is due to go and still worry that I have missed the bus. I'll spend half an hour dealing with a panic attack, unable to breathe or think properly. My heart pounds uncomfortably most of the night, keeping me awake. I've spend the last decade dealing with it, being in and out of treatment for it.

And when it comes to those pills...I hate them, but I don't have a choice except to take them. I've been shaking for the last four years, thanks to the Valproate. I failed a driving test because it's bad enough that I can't control a clutch. I can't write because of the tremors in my hands. I feel the tremoring at night, I can feel the tremoring now.

So yes, you do need a lecture on how "anxiety and depression can ruin someones life". Although I'm certainly glad to hear that you had a mild case of it that makes you think that the condition can do very little damage.

Yours Sincerly,

Otherside.

PS - Insensitive Prick. If I was to say what you said at work, you can bet your [BEEP] I'd be up in front of a disciplinary for insensitivity, and I would be lucky to keep my job. But I suspect that you will not only keep yours, but it will soon emerge that you "didn't mean to say it!" and what you actually meant was something entirely different, although it is as clear as day as to what you meant. I also imagine you'll keep your cushy, ?70,000 job which comes with a second house paid by the taxpayer, travel expenses, and a free ?30 breakfast every morning.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Dear The idiots who got voted into the government,

It is nice to see that you understand that disability can be mental instead of just physical. I'm glad to see that one of the prime ministers aides believes that "disability payments should go to the truly disabled, not those who sit at home and take pills with anxiety." I'm also glad that he has some grand insight into this because he has "previously suffered from anxiety and depression", and therefore, nobody can comment on what he said or say that he's wrong.

Perhaps I should make my case as to why I consider my mental illness to be a disability. You see, I appreciate that it's episodal. I appreciate that it fluctuates. I am not sick all the time.

When I get depressed, I do not get out of bed for anything. I mean literally anything. I will not get out of bed to use the toilets. I will not wash, or shower. I will not move. I begin to loose weight because I'm forgetting to eat. If nobody tells me to eat, I won't do it because I do not feel hungry and nothing in my brain is telling me to eat. When I do remember I need to eat, I'll eat very little. There's no appetite whatsoever. I'm lucky if I even have the motivation to make something to eat. It's just not there. Clothes won't get washed for weeks. Bins won't be empty and they'll be overflowing. At the worst, I started to believe I could hear people's thoughts, and that they were coming to kill me. I cannot be left with my pills because I will most likely overdose on them. My parents have to look them away. And If I do have them and I'm not OD'ing...I'm forgetting to take them and my condition is getting worse. If I'm manic, I start to spend and I cannot stop. My bank account will be empty within the day, every single bit of money spent on some useless crap. I don't sleep, I can't focus, everything is irritating me. I can't stand the sound of people breathing. I'm the most irrate, paranoid, angry person you could come across.

On the side of anxiety - I'll turn up to bus stops an hour before my bus is due to go and still worry that I have missed the bus. I'll spend half an hour dealing with a panic attack, unable to breathe or think properly. My heart pounds uncomfortably most of the night, keeping me awake. I've spend the last decade dealing with it, being in and out of treatment for it.

And when it comes to those pills...I hate them, but I don't have a choice except to take them. I've been shaking for the last four years, thanks to the Valproate. I failed a driving test because it's bad enough that I can't control a clutch. I can't write because of the tremors in my hands. I feel the tremoring at night, I can feel the tremoring now.

So yes, you do need a lecture on how "anxiety and depression can ruin someones life". Although I'm certainly glad to hear that you had a mild case of it that makes you think that the condition can do very little damage.

Yours Sincerly,

Otherside.

PS - Insensitive Prick. If I was to say what you said at work, you can bet your [BEEP] I'd be up in front of a disciplinary for insensitivity, and I would be lucky to keep my job. But I suspect that you will not only keep yours, but it will soon emerge that you "didn't mean to say it!" and what you actually meant was something entirely different, although it is as clear as day as to what you meant. I also imagine you'll keep your cushy, ?70,000 job which comes with a second house paid by the taxpayer, travel expenses, and a free ?30 breakfast every morning.
    People like them are the reason why I am ashamed to be on social security, seriously whose going to date someone like me? I had a job in the past but it didnt work out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    just cut myself and I am still alive, I want to be dead so bad, this mental illness is too much

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    just cut myself and I am still alive, I want to be dead so bad, this mental illness is too much
    Don't cut yourself! It isn't worth it. And no thinking about dying!

Make sure you look after the cut, go to hospital or the doctors if you have to

PM me if you need to talk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The legs..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    Cutting solves nothing come the end of the day. With most people it simply leaves them in pain from the cuts. There is always help out there. Help on here too. Mental Illness can be hard. Many of us would have felt we wanted out over the years. We are all still here. We learn to fight through things. I am sure you can do the same thing. With the right kind of help and the right people around. Things may seem bad, but there is always a road back.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got a cramp in my neck. Can hardly turn my head to the left >_<

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I feel so drained

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Definitely cutting out soda..area slightly above my knees have been aching

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Another double split shift today. How am I going to get my work done while this tired?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote 1 View Post
    Definitely cutting out soda..area slightly above my knees have been aching
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    Another double split shift today. How am I going to get my work done while this tired?
    to you both!

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Someone I thought it was safe to confide in has completely betrayed my trust.
    Joining forces with people who don't like me is a pretty good way to get on my bad side.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.