Happy birthday Rawr!

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote nothing View Post
    Went to my meetup! The drive there was okay, I got there way early and I had to urinate pretty badly after that drive so I actually went to a gas station and asked to use their restroom which is REALLY anxiety-producing for me. The meetup itself was pretty good, I had heard of everything therapeutic we discussed, but it was good to be around other people and share a few things about myself. I was really quiet at first, but I did open up and discuss things eventually. I had some useful information to share with the others, one guy there actually said I seemed to be an intelligent young man (I'm 34, he is 58 ). I don't really see myself as all that intelligent, but I did alright accepting the compliment which is also really difficult for me.

All in all I think it went really well, it was a good idea to go and I'm giving myself credit for forcing myself to attend. There's going to be another one in late August and I'll go to that as well. In the meantime I'll keep trying new things.
    Dude, that's amazing. Major props. Even the idea of meetups scares the crap outta me. Keep on pushing your limits!
    Quote Rawr View Post
    Kept my mother's friend's 3 year old while she took my mother to the Hospital. I also kept my 3 year old sister so yeah. A lot of work keeping a couple of 3 year olds haha but I survived! They even held up a sign that said "Happy Birthday Miranda!" for me since today is my birthday. Also another positive thing I've done today. Turned 19 haha.
    Happy belated!
    I was thrilled when I turned 19 haha. Legal drinking age here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yesterday: went for my walk and cleared some more loan stuff up.
    Today: got my provincial ID renewed. The photo isn't even that bad, though I notice I'm looking angrier over the years lol. I may have what is referred to as "resting [BEEP] face". D:
    And I got home just in time to....you guessed it, go for my walk.

Oh, and I also scheduled my first TB test for my immunization form and re-booked my doctor appt.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesterday: Got a promotion at work! No actual pay rise but my minimum hours will be increasing and the new responsibility will mean I'll be the first on call to cover management holidays etc.

The increase in minimum contract hours isn't enough to have me rolling in cash but it is enough to mean I don't have to go to the benefits office anymore, which is great since they only stress me out and set off my anxiety with their lack of understanding.

Life is looking a little more positive at the moment. I've started my diploma in Animal Psychology, my partner is being super supportive, my artwork for my friends charity project is going well and I haven't had a nightmare in almost a week.

Give me some time and I'll slump again but right now I'm "riding the wave".

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I survived the program today. Not sure how I got through it, but I did. I had a lot of help from my co-workers.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Did my usual exercise routine this morning, only less reps since for various reasons I am still stuck on square one >.<. I'm being very careful not to do too much, mostly because I'm afraid of having another flare-up. And of course I went for a walk this evening. I also ran some errands and got more student loan stuff squared away.

And I'm just remembering that I can buy booze again for the first time in months now that my ID is updated. Friggen sweet. Cannot wait for that. I will have a date with the dryest, reddest wine available before too long.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I passed my interview and got a job offer. I'm on top of the world
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Congratulations!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Oh my goodness, AWESOME! I knew you'd get something real soon! Let me guess... is it out in Dublin too

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Congrats!

---

Got a 45 minute walk in. Definitely did not want to go but definitely needed to after the meal I ate lol. It woke me up a bit. All day something has been draining my energy. I thought eating a big meal would wake me up, but we ordered Chinese food and it had the complete opposite effect. Of course now that it's basically my bedtime, I've got my second wind and want to stay up all night. This is where a glass of wine would come in handy...

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hehe, that's 3 people includin' myself I see here goin' for walks! They're great, in'nit?

I felt better today. Went for a long walk in the rain with a new umbrella n' got dooonuuuuts! I love plain donuts!
    When I got home tho, I realized I didn't have the sugar packets I like usin' on em. D:
    I walked all the way back in a diff route, cuz I was enjoyin' my walk anyway, so no biggie!
    Got a hot chocolate n' drank it as I walked more. I took the time to really enjoy such and just the simple beauty of stuff I saw and think about stuff.

I feel these years I'm forgettin' who I am. I'm a real happy sort, but of recent years I felt I lost that. I never even needed anythin' in particular to feel that way, and now??
    Really thought about a lot of stuff durin' my rainy walk , and I'm really feelin' such again from now, which I'll say is a reaaaally positive thing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    Hehe, that's 3 people includin' myself I see here goin' for walks! They're great, in'nit?

I felt better today. Went for a long walk in the rain with a new umbrella n' got dooonuuuuts! I love plain donuts!
    When I got home tho, I realized I didn't have the sugar packets I like usin' on em. D:
    I walked all the way back in a diff route, cuz I was enjoyin' my walk anyway, so no biggie!
    Got a hot chocolate n' drank it as I walked more. I took the time to really enjoy such and just the simple beauty of stuff I saw and think about stuff.

I feel these years I'm forgettin' who I am. I'm a real happy sort, but of recent years I felt I lost that. I never even needed anythin' in particular to feel that way, and now??
    Really thought about a lot of stuff durin' my rainy walk , and I'm really feelin' such again from now, which I'll say is a reaaaally positive thing.
    Walks are great . It's good exercise and it gets me outta the house (you would not believe how hard that is sometimes) >.<. I didn't really enjoy mine today, but I'm still glad I went. Being alone with my negative thoughts is dangerous and today it was more like 45 minutes of that rather than 45 minutes of walking around listening to my tunes. I didn't expect to get much out of it today anyway though so it wasn't that big of a letdown. Feeling too out of sorts.

Anyhow, I can relate to what you said about not being as happy of a person as you once were. It's nice when you get bouts of that again, isn't it? Like being reminded of how you're supposed to feel and that it is possible to feel that way again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Monowheat View Post
    Yesterday: Got a promotion at work! No actual pay rise but my minimum hours will be increasing and the new responsibility will mean I'll be the first on call to cover management holidays etc.

The increase in minimum contract hours isn't enough to have me rolling in cash but it is enough to mean I don't have to go to the benefits office anymore, which is great since they only stress me out and set off my anxiety with their lack of understanding.

Life is looking a little more positive at the moment. I've started my diploma in Animal Psychology, my partner is being super supportive, my artwork for my friends charity project is going well and I haven't had a nightmare in almost a week.

Give me some time and I'll slump again but right now I'm "riding the wave".
    Congratulations on the promotion!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Yay!!

I'm so proud of you!

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    Walks are great . It's good exercise and it gets me outta the house (you would not believe how hard that is sometimes) >.<. I didn't really enjoy mine today, but I'm still glad I went. Being alone with my negative thoughts is dangerous and today it was more like 45 minutes of that rather than 45 minutes of walking around listening to my tunes. I didn't expect to get much out of it today anyway though so it wasn't that big of a letdown. Feeling too out of sorts.

Anyhow, I can relate to what you said about not being as happy of a person as you once were. It's nice when you get bouts of that again, isn't it? Like being reminded of how you're supposed to feel and that it is possible to feel that way again.
    Yeah, for sure. It seems lately that's when I tend to feel such. I just make that my time that I get away from everyone's bullshit and everything else that's goin on, and I just sorta make it my time to feel better. I've always found a certain joy in walkin' outside...just takin' in the scenery n' stuff.
    I like to derive joy from even simple things it seems so many don't even see.. =/
    I wish they could, cuz it's quite nice....

But yeah I'm deciding it's time to be that again. How it was of late is just wrong for me....

I hope you enjoy your next walk! Think happy stuffz n' dun let the bad thoughts claim what should be a nice bit of time!

Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.