Page 380 of 380 FirstFirst ... 180 280 330 370 376 377 378 379 380
Results 5,686 to 5,688 of 5688
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    We live in such a weird time the well educated upper middle classes will just make YouTube videos about questions like 'why are all the lesbians identifying as non-binary and bisexual now' as though they're a dying species.

It just hits you sometimes. I mean it's one thing when it's just LGBT+ nobodies and whatever.

Interviewing a woman who wants to talk about slash fanfiction and how fanfiction has apparently become more sexualised (sorry it always was. There was always BDSM themes too. I've been here quite some time,) and 'girls are grooming each other.'

This might be one of the funniest sentences I've ever read:

"The fanfics the girls are writing for themselves are driving them into trans identity because the sexual stuff is so gross."

Fanfiction.

You graduated from Cambridge at one point.

You have a PhD in Geometric measure theory

I aint gonna lie to you - I don't even know what that is. But it sounds like you have better things to do.

Not me lol what am I going to do? Continue creating/editing surreal videos with video games?

I should actually. I should be spending more time doing that.

In one sense this is hilarious.

I'm so proud that we broke everyone's brains I guess.

I watched the greatest minds of my generation... Whatever the [BEEP] this is lol.

Well 1-2 generations ago as well lol.

Apparently we are collectively the most interesting people in the world to these women.

But then, of course we are. We might not reproduce.

In fairness I've been calling it for some time fanfiction is pretty much the avant-garde art form of our time lol and what comics used to be. Low status, creepy, nerdy, lots of teenagers, authors often rejected by mainstream publishing over the years etc. And of course sexual.

At this late date, fanfiction has become wildly more biodiverse than the canonical works that it springs from. It encompasses male pregnancy, centaurification, body swapping, apocalypses, reincarnation, and every sexual fetish, kink, combination, position, and inversion you can imagine and a lot more that you could but would probably prefer not to.

It breaks down walls between genders and genres and races and canons and bodies and species and past and future and conscious and unconcious and fiction and reality. Culturally speaking, this work used to be the job of the avant garde, but in many ways fanfiction has stepped in to take on that role. If the mainstream has been slow to honor it, well, that's usually the fate of aesthetic revolutions. Fanfiction is the madwoman in mainstream culture's attic, but the attic won't contain it forever.

Writing and fanfiction isn't just something you do; it's a way of thinking critically about the media you consume, of being aware of all the implicit assumptions that a canonical work carries with it, and of considering the possibility that those assumptions might not be the only way things have to be.
    In doing this, fanfiction is breaking new ground, but it's also trying to retake ground that was lost centuries ago. Before the modern era of copyright and intellectual property, stories were things held in common, to be passed from hand to hand and narrator to narrator. There's a reason Virgil was never sued by the estate of Homer for borrowing Aeneas from Iliad and spinning him off in Aeneid. Fictional characters and worlds were shared resources. For all its radically new implications and subversions, which are masterfully theorized in the pages that follow, fanfiction also represents the swinging back of the pendulum toward that older way of thinking.
    This must be why it worries them (found this on the wikipedia page for fanfiction):

A 2020 study looking at Harry Potter fan fiction writers on Archive of Our Own found that of users who disclose their gender in their profiles, 50.4% are female or femme-leaning and 13.4% are masculine or masc-leaning. 11% of users disclose that they are transgender, and over 21% identify as nonbinary, genderfluid, and/or genderqueer, with an additional 3.9% indicating that they identify as agender or genderless.[24]
    I think the demographics of a lot of fandoms are pretty queer. With slash fanfiction on AO3 specifically it is mostly bisexual women I think and non-binary people are also overrepresented again. But wikipedia doesn't discuss sexuality just gender in one fandom (why just that fandom I dunno.)
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    These forums aren't really very active at all

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Almost every single lesbian that my wife and I know in real life has transitioned. One of them now thinks they may be a gay man instead. And this is after they married their lesbian girlfriend last year. Their wife now thinks she might be trans too, and claims she "always felt more like a gay man than a lesbian."

It's fucking sad.
    Pretty much all ftms are attracted to men. People always assume they are a bunch of dykes but that's almost never the case. The "I'm a gay man" ones who used to identify as lesbians are just bisexuals who suppressed their attraction to men, in my experience, but then again my friends admit it because they are not as ashamed. The conversation has now shifted to blame T. Lol. But we know what denial is in the community, it's why LUGs exist.

[...]

I feel bad for the wife. Sounds like she?s coping SO HARD. Can you imagine being that codependent? I'm going to hope she's actually going to be happier transitioning, and that it?s an awakening of sorts, rather than a terrifying example of a weak sense of self causing her to copy her wife instead of lose her partner.
    Some of the public perception (that all ftms were lesbians) is due to that false-identification/mistaken identity you mentioned before they transitioned, but a lot is probably due to straight people's inability to imagine that a woman who is sexually attracted to men would be gnc in the first place. Knowing that hets tend to see especially gnc women as lesbians, and so does the rest of the world, it's not surprising that it absolutely floors them that a man-attracted woman would transition! No wonder ftms that are into men hate being called lesbians, their primary sexual and romantic target is going to believe they are only into women 9/10 times, and those ftms probably hated us anyway. Lol
    Probably not coping as they likely have the same sexuality.

This is one of many reasons why I'm quite passionate about sexology. People like this have existed a long time and there are explanations for them. Basically they're andromimetophiles not gynephiles and many people like that also want to be men (I won't go into the controversial theories as to why,) but within LGBT+ communities people are just ignorant of all of this and use the same labels for various phenomenon.

It's like when trans women date men and they come out as trans and they keep getting annoyed about that well of course they did. A lot of 'chasers' want to be women.

Also if there were more spaces and more of a community for non-binary people, GNC people, and bisexuals this wouldn't happen as much imo. For some reason the non-binary community just gets lumped into the lesbian community and same with bisexuality 9/10.

It seems very clustered in studies. In some it?s an overwhelming majority who are bisexual with a preference for men, then in other studies it?s an overwhelming majority who are only into women (some recent ones too). Seems like two very different populations consistently getting studied but rarely mixed which is strange and makes me wonder if they cluster up in different areas.

In studies where the majority was bisexual many had identified as lesbian before transitioning but their behavior had often been bisexual and they typically described their pre-transition attractions as fifty fifty between men and women so they had been aware of being bi, but identified as lesbians for other reasons. When the majority of the participants reported being only into women they described themselves the same pre transition, and history with men didn?t seem common. In studies where participants got checked in on later to see if they experienced their orientation changing with the treatment then studies with majorly bi participants tended to have a majority reporting a change, usually from being more fifty fifty to now preferring men. In studies where the majority reported only being into women much fewer reported a change and change was more common among those who had reported being less into women initially.
    There are some who become more attracted to women too after going on t but that seems to be the general rule.

I think it either depends on how high your t levels are or maybe they remain bisexual or fluid too but as usual people are just biphobic or don't check in on them over time:

"From when I was two or three years old, all I knew was that I liked girls and that I was a boy," says Graf. "But within I would say about a year on testosterone, I started looking at guys in the street thinking, he's quite cute, which is obviously weird because I'd never ever looked at them before. It was weird and it was totally confusing. There's a lot of adjustment when you're transitioning and then add to that the fact that all of a sudden all I could think about was my newfound attraction to guys?it was a double head-fuck."

"It wasn't just that I started fancying guys but still liked girls, it was literally that I didn't look at girls any more," he says. "Weirdly, the thought of having sex with a girl just left me really cold for a while. So I was going on the gay dating apps, going out to bars. It was kind of all-encompassing what with this massive sex-drive, because obviously your sex-drive ramps up through the roof anyway. It's insane, you just want to be having sex the whole time. It was just overwhelming."

Graf was recently told that his testosterone levels were quite high. After they were reduced, he found that his sexual preferences eventually "leveled out." Though he still has a strong attraction to men, he is now much more open about with whom he has both romantic and physical relations.

"At the moment, I'm sort of open," says Graf. "Now that the testosterone has calmed down a little bit, I'm the old me, which was always into girls. Now I'm very much about--and I dislike the term bisexual and I certainly would never say pansexual--but I think now I'm just into people. I like strong charisma and cool people, as opposed to either or."
    LOL

People always do the same thing:

It is very hard. Obviously Jeffree has to say that because he's doing the conservative grift thing and they barely except homosexuals mostly just to score points against trans people lol.

Like the comment I read earlier when someone was asking why people are avoiding the label lesbian now:

I am a young gen x, no one has been avoiding "labels" aside from bisexuals.
    It's true though I never liked labelling my sexuality or committing to a label. But from a sexological/stereotypical pov I'm pretty bisexual.

Over half the sample (52 %) reported sexual attractions to both men and women. The most common sexual identity label reported was "queer." Forty percent of FTMs who had begun to transition reported a shift in sexual orientation; this shift was associated with testosterone use. Overall, FTMs ranged from normal to above average on all psychological measures. FTMs did not significantly differ by sexual attraction on any mental health variables, except for anxiety. FTMs attracted to both men and women reported more symptoms of anxiety than those attracted to men only. Results from the present study did not support a sexual orientation classification system in FTMs with regard to psychological well-being.
    See the opposite trend was found in this study:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0110016

FtM that had initially been sexually oriented towards males ( = androphilic), were significantly more likely to report on a change in sexual orientation than gynephilic, analloerotic or bisexual FtM (p  =  0.012). Similarly, gynephilic MtF reported a change in sexual orientation more frequently than androphilic, analloerotic or bisexual MtF transsexual persons (p  =  0.05).
    Not sure anyone's really figured that out but I do think having an estrogen dominant hormone system makes you a bit more fluid.

This is funny becaue people will also argue the complete opposite things for the same reason:

I think my preferences changed because of my self-recognition improved. When I was pre-T I was bisexual and probably a bit more gay. Now I?m almost entirely straight. I don't think I'm not attracted to guys sexually at all anymore, I just don't think about it and don't care. My feelings for women definitely changed a lot, they are so much more attractive to me now.

I think I'm still physically bisexual, and it has never changed, it's just I didn't want to be lesbian previously and was still in the "inertia" of being perceived as a girl and so I thought I should be attracted to guys.
    For example, I have almost exclusively been with women my whole life. It wasn't until I started T that I felt comfortable embracing and engaging with the feelings of also being attracted to men. Hormones aren't making me gay - it's that I can now interact with men as a man and that appeals to me and is comfortable to me wherein interacting with men as a woman made me feel awkward, unattractive, and out of place.
    From my experience, no. I was bi before testosterone and I'm still bi now. What did change was my preferences for men and women. For example, I used to be more into twinks and skinny men in general, while now I'm way more into bears and dad types almost exclusively. I think testosterone just made my sexuality stronger, but it didn't change it.
    It sounds dumb but to me this would be a bigger deal than losing all attraction to women though I don't want that either. Just because of how much bs I've had to listen to in my life about how everyone is attracted to hypermasculinity.

I guess that's kind of like butch/femme lesbians in a way a big part of their identity is rooted in not just their orientation but their preference for certain traits and relationship dynamics.

Like imagine becoming attracted to Andrew Tate or fresh and fit. The trauma. There should be some universal law where that's impossible lol.

Edit: Feel like this is tangentially related. I like how he manages to insult everyone:

Oh wait this is a different version he expanded on it in some other video with straight people... Yeah here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xxiK6Z4eXs

I'm pretty sure I don't want to go on t though I sometimes just think about it because I often want a lower voice. I never liked being short either but there's nothing I can do about that and honestly at this point I feel like that would be 'giving in' or something so while I dislike the experience of being a short person in the world there's the identity aspect again.

I think a lot of it is more just not wanting to commit to permanant changes though + dating stuff. (Even though I don't anymore lol.) I'm pretty sure if everyone was bisexual and I had complete control of my appearence like in create a Sim I'd just live as a taller cis guy with long hair most of the time. Actually no I only want a dick for sex purposes. I dunno lol. A guy with long hair who sometimes has male reproductive features lol. I actually don't want to live as a binary guy though and so that's factoring into my entire thought process lol. Because I am non-binary.

I really do think it's easier to live as a non-binary person in the lesbian or sapphic community and so I can see why people glom onto that.

Here it is. The beginning of your transition from female to male. We are going full circle.
    Lol.

"It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Like twink bear. Do lesbians have an equal of them? Is there a twink of a lesbian."

"This is the worst date I've ever been on."

🤣

Edit: Actually this reminds me:

I'm fucking rolling at "lesbian twink"

Like I get what they're trying to say but they just fumbled the bag so bad.
    It sounded like a compliment to me but the "I'm sorry" makes it confusing
    Nah it was definitely meant as a compliment they just feel bad because she's a woman.

F1nn's bisexual as well.

I kind of get why people hate us. (Non-binary people but also bisexuals.)
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.