Page 309 of 377 FirstFirst ... 109 209 259 299 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 319 359 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5649
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    On the island of Samoa, there are four recognized cultural genders: female, male, fa'afafine, and fa'afatama. Fa'afafine and fa'afatama are fluid gender roles that move between male and female worlds. These third and fourth gender groups tend to care for elders in the community and educate others about sex, a topic considered taboo in public conversations for male and female genders.
    Meanwhile in the West:

lol.

Honestly everyone in that video with maybe one or two exceptions seems incredibly fucked up you know? edit: really can't get over it I could understand if anyone thought it was fake and scripted it's so perfect. Like I'm watching season 8 of Parks and Rec (the uncensored 18+ reboot.) Just complete political chaos. Twitter irl.

The West has never really managed to pull off a healthy relationship with gender and sexuality as far as I can tell. Not to say that anyone else has either necessarily.

"It is the norm that they (fa'afatama) generally ignore each other and avoid any interactions."
    That's closer to the West hah.

"For instance, they were approached by us individually to participate but it is the first time most of them have met each other or in this case forced to meet each other."
    😂

You know according to census data I live somewhere with a large number of trans men and I saw someone on twitter like 'where are all the trans people in this town?' When someone posted a map and I'm just a hermit. I'm non-binary through. I don't think there's really a visible community of LGBT+ people in general outside of London and Brighton. I don't know if the census data is accurate though because the media were discussing that. It seemed like a lot of ethnic minority groups may have been confused about questions relating to gender and it's also a very diverse town.

"Most associate with other men through sports, friends and bands but rarely with other fa'afatama/transmen," said So'oalo.
    He also pointed out that as biological women; the associated cultural significance of the Samoa "woman" was a designation that was difficult to escape, particularly the expectations and demands by society of what was normal.
    The S.F.A. said the Fa'afatama participants' admitted the discrete and invisible nature of their existence was not helpful "It is common knowledge that most of the fa'afatama community are unemployed, living with family and heavily dependent on family members for support."

"In a way it is also one of the main reasons for being oppressed because of their obligation to the hands that feed them and the fear of being ostracized from this support system."
    It is interesting that this is somehow just universal (with the exception of that one Balkan group that seemed to be well integrated and was fairly different not a gender/sexuality thing. More a cultural role often adopted out of necessity)

Sworn virgins have existed for centuries. According to tradition dating back to the 15th century developed out of the Kanun, a tribal code of law, tribal clans from the Balkans considered families without a male presence as pariahs. When blood feuds decimated all the men in a family, the only way to salvage their honor was for a woman to become the patriarch of the clan and start acting like a man.

That second person is really masculine. They say they always compared themselves to men though so maybe they were always like that. This video is kind of ruined by the need to insert a feminist morality and the fact it's 13 minutes long and really uninformative about the history in general. Someone left this comment:

I am not sure if "sworn virgins" encompasses the correct translation of the word "burrnesha" in English. OF course, that is not a wrong translation but somehow it captures only some superficial parts of the psycho-social catharsis these women went through in their lives, surely not even an Albanologue could create a perfect translation but the issue I have with "sworn virgins" is that it somehow still retains a feministic sense in regard to the transformation, the sexual aspect is only a small part of it that is why the "virginity", sworn or otherwise, is to me irrelevant here, you can be a sworn virgin and still be a woman in the social connotation of the word (because biologically speaking they are and will always be women of course), if I would have to invent a word in English (as there is no current literal translation in the English language) that would be something akin to "manwoman", although I fear that in the English-speaking world it might be mistaken for some kind of transgender-related expression (which it's not), but as a native Albanian speaker but also an English speaker since early childhood, that would be to me a better translation than the "sworn virgin".

Burre = Man, the (e) at the end falls during the connection with "nesha" which is the appendix for the "woman" part of the entire expression. Burrnesha - Manwomen.

They became men, they dressed as men, they lived as men, they were fiercer than men, they could kill men in the ways men killed, and they sacrificed their feminism for the possibility to live in a harsh world where women could not survive as such by themselves, but it goes beyond even this, it takes a meaning that is connected to honor, it is as though they did not just become men, they became men of honor. They had to be honored as men of honor would have had to have been honored.

I'm sure I am going into a linguistical rabbit hole here, but being an Albanian myself and knowing what it means, I struggle to find a better word or expression that could relate that human concept to the rest of the world. I live in a part of Albania (Tirana) where this social catharsis was unknown as this happened mostly in the North (but not only) where the concept of honor and that of "kanun" existed as legal constructions in relations between individuals, and it still does in some parts.

It is a harsh environment, if I would have to compare it to some other parts of the world with a similar social environment, would probably be the Scottish Highlands, that harshness is something that only those who have lived deep in the mountains know.
    But anyway I don't think trans masc people do themselves any favours. There are definitely small communities of people and a few YouTubers or whatever, but a lot just aren't interested. So there's less 'culture' or whatever.

The only trans guy I talked to regularly had weird ideological positions (along with everyone in that discord chat) he was a lot younger (as most trans masc people are,) and he'd spent most of his teen years online talking to trans women (so like me he'd spoken to more trans women than trans men.) Specifically lesbian trans women so he saw them as 'masculine but in a weird/autistic way' similar to himself unlike more feminine trans men (I'm sure trans women would love that haha.) He was stealth irl and so avoided talking to trans people etc. Obsessed a lot about details of his body that might give him away to other people but that most people realistically wouldn't notice. Like the angle of his elbow etc.

He also had issues with trans guys who have my etiological background and was sort of misogynistic. He was straight. There there were a bunch of similarities between us but a bunch of issues and we never got that close. I don't think he actually disliked me though. I don't know it was a weird chat anyway lol. Like a bunch of dissident outcasts of the trans/trans-adj community had been thrown together like some kind of sitcom. Everyone was mentally ill to varying degrees. One person was having an obvious breakdown every single day. They worked as a researcher so did a lot of experiments on mice and so were always feeling guilty about that too. They also refused to transition as they didn't think they'd ever pass as a woman but they definitely would have because they had very feminine bone structure so also BDD. Apologising constantly but people basically never cared about what they were apologising for. Literally like this fictional character from the Fruits Basket anime. I think they had BPD diagnosed as well. Oh that's a whole other topic though lol (like everyone in that chat was really unique and weird in different ways so I'd be here all day.) It was such a weird time. I was in it for 2ish years.

But he didn't view us as part of the same group in fact he would have been horrified by the implication in general lol. Not related so much to the fact that I'm non-binary but that I'm fairly feminine because of my etiological background. The easiest way to sum this up in a way that might make sense is to just say that he was homophobic lol which I think is how he framed it as well at one point (oh he was quite self aware as well too lol.) Except it's a form of homophobia that only extends to trans guys. Probably because he saw effeminate cisgender homosexual men as being closer to identifying as/being straight women but [BEEP] trans guys/non-binary people do weird things with gender. There was other stuff too in his complicated model of which groups of [BEEP] women and/or trans guys bothered him but I can't remember all the details now.

To be honest I don't relate to most young American trans men and non-binary people I come across online either.

Irl every trans person I know has been amab, same for my brother who has known some trans women. Mostly trans women but someone I used to have a crush on irl is non-binary (they weren't out then.) I stumbled on their twitter profile recently and their style is sort of similar to some clothes I have (since about 2015,) and how I'd probably present if I put in more effort. Like this sort of thing:

This is probably stereotypical really.

They have short hair now well they did during some of the time I knew them as well (they had long hair when I was attracted to them. I'm very shallow about hair. There were some guys in school I was attracted to with short hair though but as a general rule.)

I have these biscuits that taste kind of like incense and it's really great. I like incense because it makes me kind of nostalgic and reminds me of certain areas of London I used to visit a lot and other weird occult shops etc. They're not supposed to taste like incense I don't think they just do.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    YouTube has generated a playlist for me and I love how much of a random mix of things the first 4 videos/tracks are:

Drab Majesty, Rush, Katatonia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjBo...ndex=2&pp=8AUB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziJ...ndex=3&pp=8AUB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3y0TsZe7IY

If I scroll down a bit more there's some Nicki Minaj in there too lol. Enya, Fleetwood Mac, Porcupine Tree + Steven Wilson, Childish Gambino, Patrick Wolf, Talking Heads, Budgie, Lizzo, Black Sabbath, R.E.M and Daft Punk. And Darude - Sandstorm (not joking.)

There's also a song by Heart (Barracuda) which I've never listened to afaik so taking a risk. Oh no this is good.

Her vocals are seriously something you don't really hear anymore. Just her natural vocal tone is amazing!
    She uses her full voice women simply don't do that anymore nowadays 😞
    If "WAP" by Cardi B hadn't just induced my headache after I heard it playing at the supermarket, I might have agreed with you... but then you also used the term "boomer", which is totally lame and lazy.
    Yeah, well, she's pretty much the best female rock singer in history. Only Janis Joplin was competition and they're very different singers. I personally think Ann has a more pleasant tone, but Janis was a wild phenomenon. Regardless, Ann WIlson is the bomb. You found the best.
    This is more accurate because rock is mostly dead. There are plenty of female vocalists who are talented who have existed since the 70s though everyone just ignores them because they weren't around when they were young lol.

Always doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0oWESdmH0

(ironically this song did come out when I was young/15 years old lol.)

Being a teenager listening to this and thinking when I was young as in 8 years old. And now being 30 years old listening to this and thinking when I was 16. And knowing in my heart that one day I will be 50 listening to this and thinking of where I am right now. Enjoy the right now as much as you can! It's gone in a blink of an eye.
    Oh my God stop lol. I can't think about that.

Have you heard of Adele? There are incredible female vocalists now, it might not be your taste as far as genre, but the talent is there. Lady Gaga is another, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande...
    Exactly it's really stupid. They're not (usually) rock musicians because rock is dead still good vocalists. Be serious:

I heard this live and probably at that venue since I've seen him live twice at that venue in particular (this might be a soundcheck for a concert I went to actually lol) specifically the screaming part is so good:

It's funny when she talks during the performance because as with most British people she sings in an American accent then you get the juxtaposition with her actual accent lol:

Lady Gaga is really great:

There's this one live piano track I remember listening to years ago and maybe it was one of these songs but I can't remember the song and I feel like it's not one of those but I don't have it bookmarked anyway regardless.

She changed the genre for the live performance lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujp1Hign6_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG6jY4rRzZ0

Christina Aguilera also had a good voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmR2OTC0gfA

There was this brief period in the early 2000s where pop rock was more popular so you had a lot of heavy singers. Was pretty great (impressive range too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzR5jM9UeJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfyCuPVpCY

This band seem seriously underrated but also great:

Someone brought up Fergie and Miley Cyrus too yeah they both are pretty good/interesting vocalists. A lot of idiots who post things like 'omg bbq snowflakes sjw woke pronouns REEE' are going to miss out on miley lol. Serves you right. If you can't tolerate her at her Wrecking Ball era your don't- lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAX2g_t-kkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFJyVQqGsg

This band also really underrated not related to the above since not a female vocalist but they seemed to just drop this one album I found through tumblr several years ago and then vanished lol. They only have 47 subscribers on YouTube, and all social media profiles are long abandoned with barely any followers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SO6kbDLLDU
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Stumbled on the 4thwavefeminism subreddit. I do not see why conservative women feel the need to rebrand themselves as a new version of feminism. I guess because they were raised in a liberal environment so they feel like they need to maintain the superficial exoskeleton of liberalism? This point has been brought up for several years at least. I always cite the blogpost 'I see trad people' lol. The sixth Sense metaphor works on another level too. There's something sort of horrifying about it to me.

"I see trad people, walking around like regular people. They don?t see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're trad."

Of course some women going the opposite way in the 70s and 80s did the same thing. Like Mary Daly and Janice Raymond. In fact it's really just radical feminism (a form of conservatism with the exception of a few writers like Solanas who never called herself a feminist and wrote a post-ironic nihilistic text with mirrored fascism.) Radical feminism has existed through I think the 2nd and 3rd wave so not sure why they're calling it 4thwave.

I find all these groups very irritating because they have a need to force their idealised lifestyle on other people and come up with a one size fits all cultural viewpoint. Which will never work. They are incredibly patronising to women who disagree with them too. Women tend to be sociosexually restricted so it's not surprising that most wouldn't enjoy casual sex, however some do and find it empowering. Shaming them is pretty disgusting.

I will shame Andrew Tate though, because he has no ability to shame himself as a narcissist and he's a complete hypocrite who expects women to be faithful to him lol.

Also there's just something deeply irritating about a bunch of people who think they're doing something new ideologically when they've literally just reinvented the wheel.

Have you read the Virginity chapter of Dworkin's Intercourse? It's about Joan of Arc's virginity, it's connection to her masculine presentation, the ways it protected her and how being forced to lose both her virginity (rape by prison guards) and masculine presentation (forced to wear a dress after her sentencing) essentially represents vital ways in which women lose social power.
    There's a thread about what drew them to this ideology (I do think a bunch of people posting are from various racial minorities or from conservative cultures so that makes more sense at least):

Living with 'feminist' men and watching them plow through progressive 'feminist' libfem women. Nothing about it was empowering.
    The whole Emily Ratakowski "being a naked sex icon is empowering to me" thing. Having millions of men objectify you and want to have sex with you is not empowering or feminist. It's just reinforcing that we're sex objects to men, and the really hot sex objects like her get rewarded by society.
    Sounds like envy.

Being breadcrumbed into bdsm, being gaslit by pickmes about the mental load caretakers bear, being pressured into the poly / ENM lifestyle despite vocalizing my need for monogamy, the completely strategic silence on the open secrets by the corn industry, male feminists, gaslighting about the costs of motherhood, the complete disregard of the costs of corn not just to women in the bedroom but men's ability to hold a normal relationship.
    First of all this is like 90% just Jordan Peterson talking points yet they'd hate him because he's a man lol.

I grew up in a fairly conservative environment too so I also just don't relate to this sort of thing. A huge issue is in the inability to assert boundaries and then not only to struggle with that (as many do,) but to then blame other people for their inability to assert boundaries. Been noting that for a while this isn't unique to this strand of feminism either.

seeing how males of all gender identities act the same, use the same deflections, the same insults. "(radical) feminists think all men(/tw) want to rape and abuse women. they're crazy. feminism is toxic. it's sad because they don't see men(/amabs) as people. they just are eternal victims. no one actually is sexualizing, abuseing, or hurting them but a few. actually; we go through the same thing, if not more, it's just never reported or taken seriously because (cis) women see themselves as the biggest victims." and i'm not allowed to call out this pattern.
    I don't think most trans women would agree with most of the bolded actually lol. Besides that trans women say they go through similar things as cis women (which is sometimes true,) and also that cis women are taken more seriously. I do not disagree much with the bolded, but I'm not genetically male lol. Actually a lot of trans women consider themselves feminists and support feminism. Read feminist books etc. Like Andrew Dworkin.

Many self-claimed liberal/progressive men treat women like nothing but garbage. They use the "feminist allies" identity to get free sexual benefits,
    More conservatism. 'Women aren't supposed to give away sex for free, men have to earn it.' Tbf this is built on top of what is probably instinct because of pregnancy risk.

A lot of libfems are suffering from hypersexuality and that is what the feminist men look for... the problem is that instead of libfems seeing hypersexuality as something particularly dangerous, they just tote it as wholly empowering. There is nothing wrong with wanting sex or wanting to be sexual, but this DOES not mean hook up culture, the porn industry, or sleazy feminist men are the answer!! The younger women suffering from hypersexuality internalize that they MUST be these infernal sex machines to please men and show their body to anyone that wants it. This is fine if the PEOPLE ARE SAFE but 99% of the time... its libfem/poly/progressive men that just want to take advantage and your self esteem shouldn't rely on sex.
    This one is completely mask off lol. And it's the thing about taking advantage again lol. They're getting something for free/with minimal effort ! lol.

Did you know that the original witch hunts were about eradicating feminism? The stereotypical witch comes from women who chose to live without men and knew that keeping a clean house meant better health so they would have a broom to sweep the floor and a cat to catch rodents. Men at the time couldn't have other women getting ideas so they vilified them and killed them.
    Nah lol. That's extending the definition of feminism too far. It was a moral panic and around 20-25% of the people executed were men. In Salem a lot of the victims and accusers were teenage girls and young women. Sometimes the parents of teenage girls would file complaints on behalf of their teenage daughters as well. A bunch of accused girls also had various symptoms of anxiety and stress like twitching and having random outbursts that were being diagnosed as witchcraft/demonic possession.

Their beliefs were very sexist and infantilising. Most moral panics have that component where genetic female people are concerned. They believed that women's souls were more vulnerable to the devil.

In Scotland a lot of the victims were older women. Some women used curses as a form of social power. This still happens in many African countries where they still participate in witch hunts.

The social power aspect is similar to why people present as goth, emo etc. It works for some people to some extent but many face physical and verbal abuse:

They also justified their actions by claiming that witches were cannibalistic baby killers essentially. Sound familiar?

Joan of Arc is probably the most high profile witch who was accused by men after she was captured by opponents during a war. She spoke a lot about visions she had which they took as being Satanic and also insisted on wearing male clothing.

"It was necessary"

Going to start using that as a random excuse for everything.

I believe they would have found some excuse to kill her regardless since she was kind of a mascot/inspirational figure for France. This was later overturned anyway since crossdressing female saints and nuns were already a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_the_Monk

After ten years of prayer, fasting and worship together, Eugenius died. Now alone, Marina became only more intently ascetic and continued to conceal her sex. One day, the abbot of the monastery sent her with three other monks to attend to some business for the monastery. As the journey was long, they were forced to spend the night at an inn. Also lodging there was a soldier of the eastern Roman front. Upon seeing the beauty of the inn keeper's daughter, who was working there, the soldier seduced her and defiled her virginity, instructing her to say, "that the young monk, Father Marina, did that to me" should she conceive a child.

After some time, it was discovered that the inn keeper's daughter was pregnant and, as was agreed, she told her father that "it was the young monk, abba Marina, who did that to me."[6] On hearing the story, the man went furiously to the abbot of the monastery. The abbot calmed the man and told him that he would see to the matter. He called for Marina and reprimanded her severely. When Marina realized what was happening she fell to her knees and wept, confessing her sinfulness and asking forgiveness. Enraged, the abbot told Marina to leave the monastery. She left at once and remained outside the gates as a beggar for several years. When the inn keeper's daughter gave birth, he took the child and gave him to Marina. So Marina raised the child. She fed the child with sheep's milk, provided by the local shepherds, and remained caring for him outside the monastery for ten years. Finally the monks convinced the abbot to allow Marina to return; he accepted but he also imposed heavy penalties upon Marina, who was to perform hard labour in cooking, cleaning and carrying water in addition to regular monastic duties and caring for the child.[6][7][10]

At the age of forty, Marina became ill. Three days later she died from the illness. The abbot ordered that Marina's body be cleaned, her clothes changed and that she be transferred to the church for funeral prayers. While fulfilling these tasks, the monks discovered that she was, in fact, a woman. This made them very distressed. The monks informed the abbot, who came to Marina's side and wept bitterly for the wrongs done. The abbot then called for the inn keeper and informed him that Marina was a woman. The inn keeper went to where the body lay and also wept for the pain and suffering which he had unjustly brought upon Marina. During the funeral prayers, one of the monks, who was blind in one eye, is said to have received full sight again after he touched the body. It was also believed that God allowed a devil to torment the inn keeper's daughter and the soldier, and that this caused them to travel to where the saint was buried, where they confessed their iniquity in front of everyone and asked for forgiveness.[6][7]
    Marina is venerated in the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Churches[12][2][13] and the Coptic Orthodox Church. Today, Coptic Orthodox Christians say that Marina's body is kept at Saint Mary Church and has not decomposed. It is displayed to the public on Marina's feast day, on Mesra 15.[14][15] Catholics believe that her relics have been translated to the Venetian church of her name in 1230, and from Venice some of them further to Parisian church of her name. They celebrate Marina's memorial on June 18, and the translation on July 17.[1]
    As far as I know there are no crossdressing male saints, and the polytheistic deities that represented androgynous men were mostly demonised by the Abrahamic religions.

[insert various threads where they all complain about makeup and feminine expression]

They're going to circle around forever until they realise what they actually want is to be sexless masculine people because they have a low sex drive and hate femininity, but they don't just accept that those are their preferences/opinions they have to think of a reason why and it's also unacceptable to believe they might be different from other women which makes other women brainwashed. Therefore these things are themselves a problem and must be changed for everyone.

I'd suggest they talk to women sometime, but it's no good because they're all brainwashed by men haha.

A lot of people like to quote this (it sounds like OCD a bit):

"even pretending you aren't catering to male fantasies is a male fantasy: pretending you're unseen, pretending you have a life of your own, that you can wash your feet and comb your hair unconscious of the ever-present watcher peering through the keyhole, peering through the keyhole in your own head, if nowhere else. You are a woman with a man inside watching a woman. You are your own voyeur."

They haven't considered the amount of stuff that men do to be attractive and obsess over. In fact they seem incapable of ever seeing anything from a male pov. Like to a spectacular degree. Don't become a writer I guess.

But a certain amount of the obsessiveness is just having a neurotic personality type. You're going to need to acknowledge the ramifications of that at some point lol.

What a thread title lol:

How to overcome anger at feminine women?
    I understand that we as women are all doing what we can do to survive and be happy in our lives, but it bothers me that even women who can admit that performing femininity is not feminist in and of itself, they still do it. Does it not matter to them that even these seemingly small or individual choices keep women in a subservient place?
    I am going to scream haha.

and the thing is that im not perfect either. i usually don't wear makeup or shave but SOMETIMES I do, and I still do have long hair, wear dresses, etc.
    Have you considered it takes more effort to cut your hair than not?

I'd say my performance of femininity is like 4-5/10. So this also makes me feel ire towards myself -- beat myself up for liking these things or feeling good about myself when i do them because I know it was engrained into me by outside sources and it bothers me that I am acquiescing to them, but i literally do enjoy these things still. but then that just makes me depressed, feel guilty and hate myself.
    This is such an unhealthy mindset to have. You have internalised hegemonic masculinity which tells you that femininity is weak. 'No men are right about everything actually.' Honestly at this point a healthier attitude would be for you to force feminise all men. Take the Solanas pill (I've re-written Solanas slightly but only slightly lol.) If you've got to be black/white be on top. This killed me:

Solanas organized "a public forum on SCUM" at which about 40 people, mostly men she characterized as "creeps" and "masochists", showed up.[91] SCUM had no members besides her.[44] According to Greer, "little evidence [existed] that S.C.U.M. ever functioned" other than as Solanas.[92]
    Did she expect otherwise? Did she re-read her own writing lol?

I don't WANT to have this bitterness towards myself or other women for these choices, though. I don't WANT to be judgmental or rude towards them or be someone that actually doesn't help anyone because I just make women feel bad about themselves and further alienate them from the true cause of eventual liberation.
    Can you articulate what liberation is?

I actually stopped reading but she then actually uses the word weak after that:

I want to be able to take solace in the steps forward that women HAVE made and not feel superior for feeling like I know their choice to perform femininity is weak or selfish (and simultaneously feel inferior for not perfectly rejecting it all myself), and generally be able to find some happiness and grace for myself and others in this still-lopsided world.
    I know she means because she believes it's 'giving into men' and that's the actual weak part but eh what's the difference at this point.

UPDATE: Thank you to everyone for your thoughtful comments.
    [...]
    as far as where I currently land after discussing, I made a sort of breakthrough when I recognized that I don't mind things like long hair or dresses because those things are effectively becoming degendered in todays society, which makes it feel like more of an actual choice to participate in or not. So when you think about things like makeup and shaving, it strikes me that the only way that I would be comfortable with those things in my mindset from this original post is by relying on MEN to start doing themand thus degender them in society. And obviously relying on and taking my cues from what men do is wholly anti feminist. [...]

This isn't to say that "every choice a woman makes is a feminist one," but only that "feminine" traits and activities are not going away (nor is that my goal), rather that over much time they can be degendered so that these behaviors can stop having this symbolism put onto them, and women can feel free to live as they see fit with an underlying mindset of confidence and valuing themselves as a whole above their looks.
    That was not clear at all. But at least that's an improvement I guess. (I'm also a bit confused about how they think makeup is more gendered than dresses but OK lol.)

Reading this comment now:

I understood that in the gender hierarchy, masculinity and femininity are both tools of female oppression. Displaying traits branded as feminine is not necessarily bad, but femininity as a concept itself is misogynistic. When I understood what gender truly was, a hierarchy which imposes submission on women and assigns dominance to men, I understood why some feminists criticized femininity so much.

In short, being feminine (in your appearance, demeanor, sexuality etc) signals that you are accepting of the gender hierarchy, that you are okay with performing submission to males.
    I don't think you can force everyone to be perfectly androgynous when they don't want to be though.

Appearance is very weak at signalling submission demeanor/body language/personality traits have the biggest influence. so like demeanor > sexuality > presentation probably. I guess if you hate all men this won't help you but straight men (in general) at least hate hard femme/'drag queen' femininity lol. They tend to assume every cis woman who presents that way is a secret transsexual lol. I mean if you define submission as 'appealing to a guy in anyway even if the guy is submissive' then yeah won't work lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xw5VkCpxRg

Some of the comments are pretty fucked up and also reference other fucked up stuff. One person saying (and this obviously inspired by incel posts where they advocate for rape etc,) 'the only big no-no for me is having any empathy for males or doing anything out of love/care for them.' Then said 'there can be no equal society while the strength difference and lack of empathy in males continues to exist.' Not sure what they're planning on doing about the strength difference. Their post history involves a lot of posting on antinatalist subreddits though and having a high disgust sensitivity to the point of finding being Human disgusting, so I guess there's my answer lol.

Men and women wander off blindly into cultural silos where they invent ideologies of gender with little to no cross communication. And it's been going so fantastically well.

I lost my pen that I've been compulsively treating like a cigarette/drum stick. It fell on the ground somewhere. Such were my feelings about this subreddit. Thanks Obama.

It's OK I found it. The emergency is over.

'will you put the pen down?'

Taking a shower is so surreal. Like who are you doing this for? Why do they care? Are you being groomed? imo it's best to never shower to avoid becoming a victim of sex trafficking.
    I saw this tweet the other day and it really cracked me up and I feel like it fits in here. (It's a joke. I thought it was based on Aella or something who apparently never showers since that was randomly really controversial but actually-)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I've actually never really bothered to look into Joan of Arc in detail before besides the things I picked up here and there but it looks like she was never actually in battle. I could be wrong but it sounds like she was essentially a glorified cheerleader. This is a very two wolves inside you situation on the one hand war and killing is bad, on the other hand you were just a mascot in men's clothing. This is not passing the vibe check on this Saturday 13th.

Sort of like Boudica that situation was cooler because at least she was involved beyond being a cheerleader + she was getting revenge for the rape of her daughters etc and this song is really good. It's a really good music track. Also works well as background music for a scene with a serial arsonist on a procedural crime show (quite possibly my least favourite genre of television but I'll watch 9 seasons and then give up before I even get to the episode with Aubrey Plaza if I want to eventually read fanfiction about one of the characters and also watch Aubrey Plaza):

But it seems again she didn't do any fighting herself. Though tbh I haven't done extensive research beyond her wikipedia page. I probably read a comment about her while listening to the track which made me look her up 'a fellow Brit of culture'

You get women who do kill men today (and not even just with poison,) but that's just cause they're psychopathic serial killers. (They're mostly British too of course. Possibly don't move here.) That doesn't win you any awards (besides love letters from the elusive male hybristophiles.) I've been told there's a difference. You can't just go around killing innocent people unless it's during a war.

Looks like we'll all just have to start talking about Emmy Noether instead.

Biographers suggest that she was mostly unconcerned about appearance and manners, focusing on her studies. A distinguished algebraist Olga Taussky-Todd described a luncheon during which Noether, wholly engrossed in a discussion of mathematics, "gesticulated wildly" as she ate and "spilled her food constantly and wiped it off from her dress, completely unperturbed". Appearance-conscious students cringed as she retrieved the handkerchief from her blouse and ignored the increasing disarray of her hair during a lecture. Two female students once approached her during a break in a two-hour class to express their concern, but they were unable to break through the energetic mathematical discussion she was having with other students.
    That's just because it's not socially acceptable to wear armour to class.

I do appreciate that Joan of Arc was seeing visions and probably insane though. That gets her a few points I guess. Also obviously all cheerleaders should wear armour unless it's a sexual thing. No notes there.

I feel similarly when I hear about a woman doing something impressive in gaming (by which I mean games, not gambling).

It feels like she's more likely to be trans than cis.
    Well I'm technically trans and a woman because I'm bigender but you mean trans women and I'm not.

I'm the only person who has ever done [insert something I did in [game] so I don't dox myself. I really want to say what it is because it's so fucking random hahaha. Actually I did several unique random things that required modding the game. But two of those things are pretty legendary. Some guy did repeat one of the things I did after I did it though but that was the first thing I tried that didn't require messing around in [software package] so now I'm sort of known as the crazy mad scientist of that area of YouTube for these things which is cool because I'm somewhat narcissistic.]

Unless by impressive you mean in game development in which case I graduated from uni and then did [BEEP] all with my degree in that subject area lolololol.

Incel gamers are more likely to be trans identifying males? Yes we knew that. 👍
    Well that's rude. I'm going to have to work a lot harder to be the most incel of gamers (afab edition.)

Doing very important things with my life as you can see.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I miss you. I'm feeling weirdly emotional today like two steps away from writing cringy teenage poetry about someone. Maybe close to getting my period or something.

YouTube video suggestions:

Ancient Therapy for Modern Problems: Stoic Philosophy Explained (Philosophy Tube)
    Well this feels ironic. In the Alanis Morissette sense where it's actually a coincidence.

I don't want to jinx it but I think I've been experiencing less generalised anxiety over the past few months or so. Requires some kind of trigger now to be more significant and slightly reduced. Not having panic attacks for a long time now too and less anxiety attacks. I never had a panic attack or even significant generalised anxiety before November 2021 it was always mostly social anxiety, then I had a really bad year with a bunch of anxiety issues.

I think it was partly hormonal there were some other weird things I noticed some months during this time. But possibly also just certain things about the last few years culturally and in the world that caught up with me. I think sometimes I'm not aware of stuff even having any impact on me consciously until I eg: start having a bunch of panic attacks etc lol. Though my lifestyle barely changed in a material sense unlike most people's since I haven't been socially active for years, but it probably did contribute to my increased health anxiety at least.

I don't want to deal with it though it was really awful. Like with social anxiety you can at least escape it somewhat/avoid stuff but there's no escape from generalised anxiety. Many days I'd just have heightened anxiety response/background anxiety that was constant. Freaking out about the sound of planes constantly. I have enough other issues.

I have had other anxiety episodes though like when I was 9? 10? (edit: must have been 9 it was closed in December 2000.) Went to the Millennium Dome and there was a giant body you could explore inside and there was this giant beating heart. That wasn't really age appropriate. I was with a bunch of other kids and most were a bit freaked out. For me though it took weeks to get over that and I'd barely eat during this time. But I got over it after a few weeks. Even before that there was this one level in a video game Medievil with this stained glass demon who has this heart and you have to shoot it in the heart in order to kill it and that always mildly disturbed me as a kid. Some other stuff later on in certain subjects at school. I have weird anxiety responses to certain things certain body parts/or stuff related to the Human body, also the planet Jupiter freaked me out after watching this one documentary as a kid lol. I think the size of it too.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Lots of people talking about the new video by Janelle Monae.

It seems like nearly every female pop artist out there objectifies herself by catering to the male gaze. She was one who was different. One who made a name for herself with true talent, intelligent lyrics, and hard work. She could address sex in her songs without being a sex object. Is ANYONE even talking about this song anyway? No, just the music video. Because the song is not interesting (I realize that's a subjective opinion).
    Comment on the YouTube video I just noticed:

This felt very for the female gaze, and i absolutely loved it! Everything about it feels like summers coming!
    lol. So they seem to disagree.

More radfem comments:

Like, if this video is so focused in expressing "queer love," someone needs to tell all the horny dudes that, because they're just seeing porn.
    Pretty scary that so many people view utopia as unfettered sexual access to women. And nowhere did it depict safety. If a raper made these visuals would the writer feel the same way?
    I can understand why untalented female artists feel the need to lean so heavily into the male gaze, but it is tragic that a genuinely talented, intelligent, well-spoken actress and singer like JM is making soft core porn just to chart now.

There are also a bunch of arguments on YouTube about whether this video is 'female' or 'male gaze.' In a very kind of '[BEEP] women own her' vs 'straight men own her' sense honestly.

It was definitely from the female gaze. Like, men can look if they want, but this was clearly for the girls. 💅🏾
    It's for the male gaze for us men to enjoy
    actually it's not
    gO hOme rOger
    That's a great point! There was [BEEP] everywhere but it was different. This wasn't like how the rappers do their videos with naked women.this didn't feel exploitive and I couldn't figure out why😂
    because when its something you want, it doesnt count as exploitative
    tell this to the men in the comments talking about j/o to it lol. "female gaze oriented" and every man happens to enjoy it just as much as they enjoy content made for the male gaze! 🤔
    The gynephiles are once again not OK.

Twitter:

Janelle Monae was clearly sculpted by the female gaze. Men cannot even fathom nor perceive
    @JanelleMonae
    Sm1 write an essay about the Male gaze in reference to str8 ?men taking sudden interest to Janelle Monae
    I figured folks were going to have meltdowns over Janelle Monae's "Lipstick Lover."

How DARE a Black woman not just revel in her sexuality, but feature other Black folks doing the same and being healthy, loving, consent-filled and pan as [BEEP]!!! Obviously the male gaze is upset.
    Janelle Monae's target audience is and always has been gay women. gay women dont do anything for the male gaze, and don't care how you sexually repressed heteros feel about our sexual expression. Please worry about y'all lack of orgasms and $200 dates and stay out of our business
    it's givinggg male gaze
    i think it's inherently backwards to see the female form and immediately think of the male headspace

Little bit of irony here while everyone discusses teams:

reminder that Janelle Monae is non-binary and isn't a woman and shouldn't be grouped in with other women
    But she hasn't said anything about being grouped in with women afaik just that she doesn't see herself as a woman solely. Her lyrics are often from a female pov one sidedly.

Anyway song isn't bad but not a huge fan atm. Prefer these:

^ I don't like gender chauvinism/militarism/elitism (however you want to put it,) so some of the lyrics don't necessarily work for me but the vibes and everything else are good. Some of the lines are clever anyway lol.

Prince worked on this album as well though and it had a really cool science-fiction concept movie thing going on visually, and all the synths. So it's going to be hard to top.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Obviously all YouTube videos should be made with me in mind. Nevermind this 'male' and 'female' gaze nonsense. Everyone should be thinking 'does this weird near a-sexual creepy 32 year old from the UK find me/my hair/my videos hot?' I'm glad Rush realised that 15~ years before I was born.

Thinking about that Tumblr post again. 💀

#god the shameless lesbians are gonna put this in their fanfic huh#because yes there are leftie lesbians who openly thirst over Classically Abby and write fic about her and I hate knowing that#she plays an elf druid
    She's not that attractive though. She just fits 'the archetype' lol so it amused me. I mean:

Why? OK I'm stopping.

She spends too much time dissing feminine guys and I don't like conservative mean girl domme energy. I wanted plant lesbian teacher. (I feel like this is something that was mentioned once in a strange aeons video that I won't be able to find now but I also invented it.) Was it this?

Doesn't matter still works. How am I supposed to fetishise you if you don't have the right energy??? (There's one photo floating around of Abby wearing this long coat but it's still not enough.) Also I have no sex drive right now though so there's also that. Oh it's so boring.

I'm 60% very Tumblr but I never did get the bowtie thing.

Oh yeah this was cute too conceptually (I'm not that into her.) I have mummy issues so I like plant people. (Literal plant hybrid people but also people who like/look after plants.)

Wait when did I create and/or post a gif of Is Everything Real from this video on Tumblr? How did someone even find that post lol. (I'm notoriously bad at tagging stuff.)

this is better quality but uploader doesn't allow embedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5itHLY5CY

It's a good song though thanks for reminding me. It's a good song considering it's 70% 'Is Everything Real?'

*A vaguely goth rock/cold wave/dark wave track exists*

Me: "Oh my god it's perfect! 10/10 no notes."
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Going on Pinterest and finding Rush memes obviously made by men in their 50s is so great bc they?ll be like

"This is REAL MUSIC made by REAL MEN in the time when MEN were MEN" over an image like this
    I don't actually see that I see a lot of yes exactly what I found in 5 seconds of looking at Pinterest lol:

I actually don't have a favourite band. (No not even them/him.) I did at certain points when I was a teenager I think but back then I hadn't listened to enough music.

But for what it's worth (ironically.) Women are always doing this with their fav female musicians.

I see this in YouTube comment sections always with classic rock. The only people who do this are like female pop stans and middle aged men who listen to classic rock. (and I guess that one guy in the YouTube comment section of a female pop star who seemed to like Nirvana and Guns and Roses and then decided to hit on me the other day after I challenged his viewpoint. Not because I was a fan but because I felt he was incorrect about her vocal ability.) The most iconic duo since the Rorschach and Deadpool buddycop series. Beyonce gets brought up a lot specifically too as a comparison which is weird. Also the WAP song. I don't know if they've listened to any other music post 1992. I was going to say post 1995 but I really wanted to include On the Sunday of Life... And Up the Downstair.

(technically that album is just a compilation of stuff he recorded in 1989 and 1991 but yeah. Some stuff was re-recorded.)

^ that album cover makes me think of Sirius Black in pink smoke for some reason.

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT STEVEN WILSON/PORCUPINE TREE?

But yeah there is some newer music they might like if they stop fixating on how they don't like modern mainstream music.

Also noticed this video a while ago but finally getting around to watching it:

I find it interesting that he listens to so much music that stood out to me before in other interviews years ago. (Also discovered Throbbing Gristle through him bringing them up in an interview lol. edit: oh he mentioned them in this interview too LOL yeah. Some of their music tracks are really fucked up.) Cause I know some other musicians will rarely listen to music just create it. Also my friend makes music occasionally and basically only likes Muse and Queen and that's all he'll listen to lol.

I know when I was modelling/texturing stuff for video games etc it changed how I viewed games while playing and it was pointed out to me that a lot of people lose interest in playing games after they start focussing on game development. I still played games during this time but it definitely had an impact.

This is a really great interview actually.

"I like a lot of people who have been a musician for a long time have a sort of reputation in the media, in the fanbase, that I make a certain kind of music. I'm not even going to say the word but we know what it is. And I increasingly kick against that."
    Haha yeah.

Also just saw this comment:

I went to see Porcupine Tree a couple of weeks ago in London.
    I know they got back together again a while ago but wasn't paying that close attention and missed that and looking at the setlist they played Buying New Soul nooo. I've seen Steven Wilson live 4 times and he often plays Porcupine Tree tracks with solo band members but never that track. (It did happen once but it wasn't a date I went to unfortunately. This keeps happening to me 😭 )

I really want to hear this live because it's my favourite track (I dunno how often they play this live though either.) I don't like the idea of seeing them at Wembley Arena though I have to say.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Hmm maybe it's because I'm a millennial (so in between gen z and his generation,) but I've always been into both music and video games. I also like a lot of game soundtracks lol. I regularly notice the music in games like in films and even downloaded a bunch of game music tracks or took them from the game files to listen to later (I also bought the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack as a teenager lol.) Most kids I knew at school weren't into the same music as me but did like some music. I also knew a few people who were trying to learn guitar and some other people who took music lessons when I was at school. In fact one of my closest friendships started because this girl asked me to teach her to play guitar, and there was this one band in my year (aprox 200 students I guess.) They played at some school thing at one point. I remember one of the guys in that band created a guitar himself and then talked about it in art class.

He brings up gaming channels and how people prefer watching that now even to playing games. I have a gaming channel and it does seem to inspire some people to play the game most of my content is centred around (instead of just watching.) I've gotten a few comments like that. Also seems to inspire how they play it. I think most who watch my videos play the game anyway though because that's how the community is. I'm not like a streamer that's playing for every hour of the day and then people watch me all day though. In fact my upload schedule has been terrible recently lol... The content I make is more experimental or informative and reasonably creative, not really a replacement for watching sports (which a lot of gaming content is,) and since it's not live they're not getting the parasocial chat thing either so that's another thing.

Oh he actually addressed millennials integrating stuff briefly towards the end. Not just as an adult though I mean I grew up playing games in the 90s.

In terms of actually creating music I just think it's hard and a lot of people (myself included,) struggle with attention span and motivation issues on top of it being hard (if it wasn't everyone would be making amazing music but even in the 70s that wasn't happening.) I also tend to just drop things after a while. And I've always been this way even as a young kid. I'd get excited about something then lose interest hours later in some cases. I started playing the cello as a kid but gave that up relatively quickly for a number of reasons, then went to music school for a short while and actually my mum took me out of it without asking me after I missed some weekends. I didn't really want to quit but I was stuck in the group where we just played the recorder and that was a bit boring so I'm sure she picked up on my issues with that. I learnt to play a bunch of chords etc on guitar and taught myself to play some things using guitar tabs as a teen but I was never part of a band and so I eventually drifted away from it plus my friend that I played with (and occasionally this other guy) stopped. Also sometimes played the keyboard and created this one short music thing that I stuck in a YouTube video in 2009. Then much later I started messing around with DAWs and making music using a computer but again only experimented a little before moving on. I have no technical knowledge of music and I'm quite mentally slow so I often don't retain info easily like at one point I was learning to read music and I've forgotten that now. I don't think it's overly intuitive to me how to construct an entire track. I've made OK sounding things when messing around but it's barely music. I didn't get to that point during the period where I started to do that.

I think when creating stuff I tend to do better when there's some kind of collaborative element or an audience (like YouTube.) Because you get feedback from your audience and ideas, so it's somewhat collaborative. I've barely had any opportunities for that irl with anything. I've always wondered if I have undiagnosed ADHD too honestly. Even as a teenager there are old blog posts with me wondering lol. I have issues with continuing stuff but also switching from one activity to another. And if there's a lot of info/steps involved it gets overwhelming breaking it all down and getting from A to B. Often I will avoid stopping doing something when I'm in a flow state because I know how hard it will be to continue later and so I have to keep going for as long as I can.

It's easier when I get into the habit of doing something but it's really hard to start doing things if they're difficult/complicated and have a huge learning curve. Or if I have no idea where to begin.

I feel like there is certain music that kind of almost inspires me to want to make music.

So during the last period I actually tried anything I was listening to Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead. I don't go back to that album now really besides occasionally listening to Burn The Witch and as with all their music a lot of that album is kind of emotionally heavy. But I like the kind of ethereal quality of a lot of it. Lots of 'tinkly sounds' This kind of sounds like glass somehow which is cool:

The Numbers is great too and Daydreaming.

Stuff that's more instrumental (or where the focus is less on vocals,) is probably more inspiring as well because I really can't sing so that in particular is never going to happen lol.

Another thing is I really like the opening of this Cure track (though not the rest of the track really,) and it made me want to do something with chimes (though I haven't)

The Cure have a bunch of tracks with interesting tracks with interesting non musical sounds? (this is a point I'll bring up a bit later) like sounds like smashing glass in some parts:

And this track has an effect that sounds like ice (at about 1:11 in) to fit the lyrics I guess which I always thought was cool:

The Cure have a bunch of cool/variety of sounds in their music though that represent the theme. Like The Caterpillar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxJ5YvYfx4

This Rush song because I love the bassline so it made me kind of want to learn to play it which I probably would have failed at lol but yeah:

I often like basslines a lot. I dunno why but as a teenager I'd often end up teaching myself to play basslines on my regular guitar, initially without even realising because that's how dumb I was lol. This one I posted too many times:

This is really great but I'm drifting away from my point (not a bassline, and also I don't think quite falls into 'made me think about playing this and/or making music')

But if I'm listening to music often I'm not really isolating specific instruments that much I'm just kind of enjoying the music as a whole. I do focus on lyrics and vocals a bunch though but yeah so I like the guitars in this a lot. And this YouTuber includes the rhythm part at 1:36ish not in the above I like that a lot:

This video is really low quality lol but yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdci7LbbjQ0

Some of Coil's music sounds kind of like a more developed better quality form of my experiments from years years ago combined with something I'd hypothetically make. So it makes me think about that too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnWUFWPE4Z0

Sounds like they used a waterphone. Oh but I talked about my water/glass instrument thing before lol. I think waterphones are amazing. They have that science-fiction/creepy sound and they involve water (I have a thing about water too.) Also this instrument is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGX5eUjP64U

If I try to make anything really I end up going down a creepy route (like anything ends up creepy/surreal my YouTube content is mostly like that too and when I used to make art a lot of it ended up that way.) I guess my brain kind of works like that in general though. Coil are also hard to listen to emotionally sometimes because of the alien/creepy vibes.

Also just like environmental sounds like I had this creepy old oven I've talked about before that made a really weird sound when opening it. I like the idea of using weird things as instruments.

Again only Radiohead really counts because I was actually vaguely trying at that point.

Also I mean gen z are making music lol not everyone will like the results though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97qLNXeAMQ

Yeah I've linked this one super specific 100 Gecs track too many times lol. The comments still make me laugh:

My dad introduced this song to me as a young child and I will never forget the memories when he would drive me to school in the morning. Putting that cassette in and going. Great memory!
    cant believe people in the 50s were jamming to this. goes to show that good music never dies.
    My feelings about it are pretty much the way they talk about Twilight in the first couple of minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceP62v1sACI

Nevermind I completely forgot AGAIN that 100 Gecs are actually young millenials. Every damn time. I get confused because of their audience. Why are we all on crack? What's wrong with 'my generation' 😂 (generations are still mostly bs and were popularised 5 years ago. It's just fun like star signs.) I feel like there's a strong divide between younger and older millennial music. And the line is Grimes (34 years old.)

But tbh that 100 gecs music track sounds like something gen z would make.

Ethel Cain is gen z and fairly good though. And Ashnikko. Half her music videos are video games or the lyrics reference video games though I guess lol.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Don't stop before the miracle.

How many miracles are we allowed? Why does every good thing that happens needs to be a miracle? Jesus fucking Christ, why does every step need to be some extraordinary divine intervention?

I'm beat. It's like when you think it can't get worse, then you find new lows you never knew even existed. There's no such thing as hope, you're fucking fooling yourself.

Like [BEEP] what are we here for? Why does every good thing need to be an absolute miracle? Why why why why fucking why?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Hope he sees this lol.

Oh wait this is that account I kept seeing people bring up on a YouTube video about pickmes. Because someone was criticising the term and then a bunch of people were like 'yeah it's misused but this person' yeah they're right lol.

[insulting sexist shit] Society needs masculine men to come out say that some of the ideas women tend to get behind are dumb

Genuinely, do you think it's mostly men pushing the LGBTQ+ stuff??? It's women and simps
    Liberal white women are the biggest supporters of the trans movement
    They do tend to be fairly based.

Most of the women these days are LGBTQ themselves. That is why they prefer a man looking like a woman or a teenage boy.
    Cool.

I was hoping his other tweets would be spicy but they're not lol.

You have been my greatest disappointment.

My trainer told me how much his son loves [andrew tate]. Young men having a masculine man to look up to is going to be a good thing for the next generation of men
    Of course she's shilling for him too lol.

People keep defining masculine and feminine as narcissism. Oh look:

Im trans and i think Andrew Tate is awesome

Feminine dudes needs male role models too
    And he doesn't care about that because he's a grandiose narcissist. He's pretended to be a woman before anyway in order to manipulate men into giving him money.

I would bet money on his fans being more offended about him than him.

But I saw this the other day too. Men will post [BEEP] that's just blatantly narcissistic like 'break up with your girlfriend if you love her, and then if she doesn't beg you everyday to take her back she's not the one.' And then people will claim that's a feminine thing to do. It's narcissism.

The part from 1:20-2:00 is really good

And 1:28 to the end - really great.

It's kind of like Dead Can Dance and Cocteau Twins combined with Japanese video game music:

Yeah! (Was wondering if anyone else thought that lol.) They also compare her to Bjork but that's kind of always been obvious. (Because of the visuals/general vibe and she usually does all her own production etc.)

It won Claire a deal with 4AD ? appropriately enough, since Visions smoulders with the kind of necromantic charm that once powered label mainstays Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    Going on Pinterest and finding Rush memes obviously made by men in their 50s is so great bc they'll be like

"This is REAL MUSIC made by REAL MEN in the time when MEN were MEN" over an image like this

https://64.media.tumblr.com/071ae892...4d9d900422.jpg
    I don't actually see that I see a lot of yes exactly what I found in 5 seconds of looking at Pinterest lol:

Lol so I did actually just stumble on someone with a Rush avatar on twitter. And then noticed his account just retweeting right wing satire posts, Elon Musk, Jordan Peterson, unsurprisingly not a fan of AOC, he was offended by Elliot Page coming out as man, something about blue hair. You know all very that(tm.) Edit: He's also a gamer haha of course. (Gamers are incredibly polarised.)

It is pretty funny though that the Rush fandom is often conservative 'get off my lawn' men aged 50+ and then 20-35 year old leftist non-binary and lesbian tumblrites. (The precise age ranges I've come up with aren't that central but the other stuff is.) Mostly because it's the internet but still.

It's like the inverse of Lady Gaga's fanbase e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶

I see people ask this sort of thing from time to time:

Why do straight girls have gay friends, but straight men don't really have lesbian friends (or at least there is no trope about it)? Is there some reason why straight women and gay men get along better than straight men and gay women?
    I think one of the main reasons why gay guys and straight women become friends is that they are both potentially threatened by straight men. Lesbians aren?t really any safer around straight men than straight women.
    I'm not so much interested in the lesbian part so I'm going to broaden it slightly in terms of demographics and also say no it's not really that exactly:

The gynephiles are once again not OK.
    But we do have to kind of acknowledge this first (and this ideology below gets applied to all trans masc people too.)

"On my birthday, he gifted me a card that had his thesis on lesbian women how they must be 'fixed,' how they can destabilise the human population, how being lesbian was a disrespect to the nature of a womb."
    OK the added context of knowing it was her former school teacher who gave her that card and he just stood creepily outside her building every night stalking her makes the above quote even creepier. Taken from this article:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7zw...n-straight-men

Doesn't pass the vibe check.

But anyway back to the secondary reason. Exhibit A comments from Janelle Monae's latest music video:

It was definitely from the female gaze. Like, men can look if they want, but this was clearly for the girls. 💅🏾
    It's for the male gaze for us men to enjoy
    actually it's not
    I'm trying to be good (10% good,) so I shouldn't post the image of exhibit B but uh:

80's era Geddy Lee with cat ears in front of a lesbian pride flag, with crunchy transparant sparkle and heart gifs, and the text "m my grilfriend" pls and tysm
    we are the twinks of the temples of syrinx or whatever rush said
    #rush (band)#gay little lesbian men
    Tumblr does this with every male character/famous person they like though (either sexually or just respect/admire or both.) There was a whole thing with Thor (MCU) for a while because he wanted to be a valkyrie when he grew up and was supportive of Loki. Almost writing fanfics in tumblr posts about Thor being the ultimate wingman etc. And at about the time some lesbians adopted him, some straight men disowned him because "he's an sjw/woke/fat now" etc.

Exhibit C:

https://aella.substack.com/p/which-g...e-more-similar

I asked about a bunch of stuff - big5 personality, childhood, mental illnesses, but mostly stuff related to sex - porn use and fetishes. I asked about age various fetishes began, about BMI, IQ, attachment style, where they got to the survey from, if they?re married, how ashamed they feel, how many sexual partners, etc. Overall there were around 1,100 datapoints gathered from this survey per person.
    It's interesting that you can see bio_males and bio_females are a bit different (-0.21), but queerbiofemale is basically the opposite of bio_male (-0.9). As if the identity is to be what straight males are not. (Granted, I did not drop any of the questions specifically about gender. You can see my work at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing )
    cisbiomale: 1.00
    cisbiofemale: 0.02
    queerbiomale: 0.13
    queerbiofemale: -0.90
    enbybiomale: 0.24
    enbybiofemale -0.88
    I'm building a thesis here. (tbf though I don't think most historical research would find these massive differences but they illustrate current gender politics and the impact they've had well. Also note that [BEEP] guys and cis women as a group are closer than [BEEP] women and cis men are as a group) They didn't add trans people there for some reason. I guess that didn't interest them lol? The survey findings said this though anyway:

Cis men and transmen had the most dissimilar scores of any group comparisons measured
    The highest similarity measured across groups was between nonbinary people and trans people of the corresponding biological sex.
    So seems to be a similar thing.

Camille Paglia spends more time defending men than any woman and is also fairly misogynistic, but she still said this lol:

Here's the problem. I grew up in the Fifties which was a highly conformist era and I had, there's no doubt, a massive gender dysfunction. My particular aggressive personality was completely out of sync with what was expected of a young girl at that time. I thought I was probably a boy. I was also attracted to women when I was very tiny. Then when puberty hit, suddenly my body changed. Boom] I found myself attracted to creatures I couldn't stand.

I still don't get along with men as erotic partners, but the point is my body became attracted to male bodies. I've dated men, I just haven't had relationships with them. My problem with men I guess would have to be called a political problem. I can mate perfectly well with men on a physical level; I'm very attracted on a physical level. But I don't fall in love with them; I'm not involved with them emotionally. I'm one of the strangest mutant creatures on the face of the earth.
    Too competitive and territorial. This also applies to a lot of non-binary people really. The obsession with flags but I guess that's just most people on social media now. Also obviously this is stereotyping lol. I dunno it's just kind of ridiculous sometimes though. Like how Tumblr and 4chan are simultaneously polar opposites and exactly the same. I blame the frogs. And the self diagnosed autism.

While on that topic though it's difficult to know if autism spectrum disorder has always been associated with androgyny and sexual minorities, or if at certain point the diagnoses just became a way to pathologise androgynous people with minority sexual orientations and/or atypical sexual interests. It also seems to have always been associated with some claims about gender. Both the extreme male brain theory and the 'gender defiant disorder' theory (lol) respectively. Nobody's tried to make it exclusively feminine yet but there's still time. Probably not in the West because we hate femininity LOL but you know, maybe Japan.

I think it's pretty high status to be autistic now because everyone is arguing that they're autistic and it's become something both sides of the political spectrum fight over as their own thing. The other day I read a think piece from someone arguing that anti-wokeness was a form of autism but not in an insulting way in a 'autism is super logical and RATIONAL so we're all autistic' 🙄 way. 4chan has always done this btw as much as they deride tumblr for making mental illness cool.

At the end of the day you don't want an autism diagnoses though even if you are autistic because 1. they can't help you and 2. sooner or later someone will use it as an excuse to inhibit your freedom. Well you're fucked either way because you might have 'traits' this study isn't pushing that position but most journalists who write about this topic, and people with blogs, do and in general they'll grasp at whatever they can. "We also know that that 48% of all referrees to the Tavistock, have autistic traits, with 35% of them displaying moderate to severe traits." Etc.

My 14 yr-old Aspie daughter is 'questioning' & has settled for 'non-binary'.
    My Aspie husband questioned his gender.
    Discovering their autism helped us understand their brain's tenuous relationship with 'identity?
    I fight for women & all children against this social contagion.
    Have you considered just leaving people alone? Let me 'steelman' youre argument. OK it's a social contagion/social side effect of struggling with autism. Why are you such a terrible mother and wife that everyone around you is questioning their gender identity but you. What now [BEEP] your move.

Their "gatekeeping" is growing more and more lax. They don't refuse treatment to patients with autism, past trauma or other comorbidities. And they have embraced non-binary identities as well, which boils down to picking what medical interventions you like for your identity.

Oh my god.

Missouri AG just essentially banned gender affirming care for most trans adults via emergency rule.

Requires 3 years of dysphoria, 18 months of therapy sessions, doesn't allow people with autism/depression.

This is what elimination of transgender people looks like.
    And as we know autism is a 'gender defiant disorder.' That's very convenient isn't it? And what if your depression is a result of your gender dysphoria/living as trans in this incredibly fucked Western culture? I'm actually not depressed I was told that because I'm not depressed medication probably wouldn't help me with my mental health issues so watch them back track on that real fast if I tried to pursue treatment in Missouri lol. I bet. Here in the UK though where we're avoiding handing out meds. That's a thing we love to do here.

You know my friend went to his GP recently about his anxiety issues which for him are kind of a new thing and they're now doing blood tests. The first time I saw a doctor they suggested cbt for social anxiety so I did it and it didn't help (my therapist also changed the subject when I tried to talk about my other issues like motivation issues,) then back in November I ended up talking about my generalised anxiety symptoms mostly because he started questioning me because I had some weird chest discomfort I was asking about and they did an ekg and that came back normal but my pulse rate was really elevated and I briefly mentioned the anxiety. I wasn't really prepared to talk about it then. The generalised anxiety symptoms are more new (they've improved over the past 2 months or so though,) and he suggested cbt again after I told him that cbt hadn't previously worked for social anxiety. So. I would need to see someone so they could actually diagnose me the fact that this doesn't happen before treatment is just fucking insane they'd never do that with a physical disorder lol. But then I don't want any really because it will be politically weaponised against me and from listening to a lot of people online it's obvious that for many disorders there's not much they can do and good therapy is hard to find anyway.

But I am confused about the very different approaches to these things depending on where in the UK you live. Also American right wingers think they're safe but they're going to stop them owning guns so lol. (Not least because autism and being transgender are becoming more syncretised so enjoy that!)

'I'm perfectly fine from banning people with gender dysphoria from purchasing weapons.' - Ben Shapiro.

Ben you have a lot of autistic traits to the point many people online question whether you are autistic. I think you're going to want to shut up lol. (And he wasn't alone in arguing this point a lot were jumping on that bandwagon after the Nashville shooting.) Not only that but he's Jewish so it's sort of ironic:

The disarmament of the German Jews started in 1933, initially limited to local areas. A major target was Berlin, where large-scale raids in search for weaponry took place. Starting in 1936, the Gestapo prohibited German police officers from giving firearms licenses to Jews.[1] In November 1938, the Verordnung gegen den Waffenbesitz der Juden prohibited the possession of firearms and bladed weapons by Jews.
    I don't know if he even really pretends to support individuality tbf. (Mentioned in below video.) He's a tradcon and fairly open about that but I think sometimes he vaguely tries to pander to get a more varied audience:

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    https://www.ft.com/content/edc30352-...3-20b50ce014ab

Reading this article sort of.

People who are very rich or very clever, or both, sometimes believe weird things. Some of these beliefs are captured in the acronym Tescreal. The letters represent overlapping futuristic philosophies -- bookended by transhumanism and longtermism -- favoured by many of AI's wealthiest and most prominent supporters.
    I'm not sure at what point you become a transhumanist (and don't really care,) but I am interested in artificial wombs and longevity research.

Still think this was a baffling/pessimistic response to this interview:

I think people focus too much on this idea of 'living forever' (which seems somewhat taboo too I've noticed,) instead of the process of trying to reduce the side effects of aging so people can live in a more physically healthy state for longer.

As well as transhumanism, which advocates for the technological and biological enhancement of humans, Tescreal encompasses extropianism, a belief that science and technology will bring about indefinite lifespan; singularitarianism, the idea that an artificial superintelligence will eventually surpass human intelligence; cosmism, a manifesto for curing death and spreading outwards into the cosmos; rationalism, the conviction that reason should be the supreme guiding principle for humanity; effective altruism, a social movement that calculates how to maximally benefit others; and longtermism, a radical form of utilitarianism which argues that we have moral responsibilities towards the people who are yet to exist, even at the expense of those who currently do.
    Yeah I'm lazy and just call them rationalists/rationalist-adj lol. Because that was my first introduction when I got invited to a discord server with a few of them via reddit. Then later there were some in some other discord servers. After this point it became very easy to notice that ingroup. I had no awareness of them before that.

I've definitely mentioned this before but whatever I guess. (What don't I repeat over and over lol?) One of these people I talked to was someone with autogynephilia who obviously would have preferred living as a trans woman (she was also on hrt but I think intermittently like went off/on a bunch. Everyone used she pronouns so I am using them here. It also just feels wrong otherwise.) I actually stumbled on some of her posts on her website from before I ended up in the discord chat while doing research so that was weird. I remember it making me kind of sad. I got the impression she really wanted to suckup to radfems and admired them and since she was so hung up on 'rationalism' too she wouldn't allow herself to be happy essentially. Because of her very strict rules and such. But she also had some kind of psychotic break at one point I think related to the whole topic and feeling gaslit by people. It's been a while so I don't remember all the details now.

She worked as some kind of programmer in Silicon Valley and was part of the rationalist community.

Anyway so while in that chat she asked me out sort of kind of like 'I'll date you.' I don't know that she was actually that interested. Someone implied that she probably wanted to date a trans woman instead but had various hangups. And at one point she linked this rationalist post from the less wrong website I think that was this depressing science fiction story that was basically about men and women being given their ideal partners and then drifting apart like the species just split apart.

Think it's this: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/ctpk...led-utopia-4-2

Oh yeah and I wasn't sure I remembered correctly but she did say at one point she felt it would be easier to try and date someone AAP dating odds wise because of 'most women's disgust with perversion.' (her words.)

Also this:
    not to mention that transmasculine/transfeminine couples are the most beautiful and romantic thing in the world
    So someone else asked her this (after she said that 'I'll date you')

you want a female bodied person with a male identity
    ... it's complicated
    Then she addressed them asking about why she doesn't just get a 'AGP girlfriend' and she said something about 'I think I've tried to explain the wanting to stay morally aligned with actual women' and then posted the weird depressing sci-fi story I mentioned (that she said she was fearful about,) and said 'for some reason none of the people in this room seem to get it.'

more that 'you're asking for something that does not exist'
    and someday, I'll believe you
    but not today
    eventually scrolling through got to this lol (if you just re-read random lines from this chat out of context it's hilarious. At one point someone actually had a tumblr or something that was called *rationalists out of context* where people submitted stuff, and I totally get how they were able to do that edit: not from this discord chat in particular just from rationalists in general they often sound/write/talk in similar ways about similar things lots of poly people too):

also, [name] is still not a child and has better things to do than join the 'polycule' of some 20 year old rich Danish kids
    Honestly a lot of the discussion there contributed to a huge inferiority complex I developed (it wasn't just that though but it didn't help) and it wasn't really helped by the fact that someone else in the chat was in a long term relationship with a non-binary person but obviously wanted to go and have sex with cis guys.

I think I mostly got over it by finding a bunch of trans women on twitter who constantly tweeted about being specifically into trans guys (like some kind of niche twitter bubble where they were doing a 'thing' I don't really know.) Although I don't fit any of their criteria and I'm non-binary, it's categorically close enough that I stopped feeling existentially doomed. Like "it's impossible for the kind of person I'm attracted to to even be into someone categorically like me." Also I guess contrapoints is dating a cis woman. Now I'm just regular unattractive (and as you can see very sane,) again.

I'm also not against the idea of being in a [BEEP] female relationship but it's difficult (I mean it's difficult either way because I'm non-binary.) I wasn't that into her physically (and then there were all the other issues and she wasn't into me,) but she was kind of cute. One time I was talking about stuff I find attractive and she responded with this:

flutters eyelashes

so, um, have you ever visited California

Also she used love heart reactions a lot.

And my life is so depressing that I apparently still think about this once-twice a year or something. Not as often as the couple of people I knew at uni. Or a couple of other people... But still.

Oh my god

Other people while reading article about tech: This group has all the control, they don't care about common people, AI will probably destroy us etc.

Me *not sleeping for over 24 hours*: I'll post this. And that's definitely a great idea.

If I'm being honest that was probably the best offer I was ever going to get though (or I'm just sleep deprived and lonely, which also typically only becomes obvious to me while sleep deprived) aside from the fact she lived on the other side of the planet again (I feel like if I agreed it just wouldn't have worked/or she would change her mind too haha.) And her ideological beliefs about gender were terrible (like basically a terf,) + all of the other issues lol. And she kind of intersected into several problematic idealised fetishes I have (in the sense that she was obviously a self hating trans woman who I wanted to 'save' and 'oh that's so romantic' doesn't seem like a great idea...)

Someone else I spoke to then said I was in love with a concept once (which is fairly accurate. I mean many different overlapping concepts actually.)

I know being in love with a concept, I have one I slot whatever girl messages back into her
    But I mean nothing was ever going to happen with that one cute person from Texas (and there were similar distance issue.)

That one guy who probably had BPD from the other internet forum who was simultaneously attracted but also hated me and thought I was a heartless psychopath that wouldn't have worked. I wasn't into him physically and literally the only remotely appealing point was 'oh well he has sexual fantasies about being a woman?' Also lived in the US again.

There were some other guys who expressed interest in me I wasn't into. Then there was the guy that kept messaging me sexual stuff even though we'd never talked and telling me he basically got into a bunch of sexual interests because of me (which isn't actually appealing it turns out,) after he didn't take no for an answer I blocked him and he went to message me on tumblr some time later instead then offered to suck my dick. That didn't work for me.

Nobody else I was attracted to was interested (and there were always a bunch of complications or distance or something anyway,) but there was one guy I almost met up with in the UK but then never really pushed for it because I'm a mess so I was always like 'I'll bring it up when I fix everything about my life,' but that's not going to happen though is it? Lol. And I'm sure he wasn't into me. He did know I was attracted to him though. I was really physically attracted to him like instantly after seeing a photo which doesn't usually happen for me. And I got excited to talk to him a bit and we talked on skype with voice chat several times and he had a nice voice I think I thought at the time, but honestly he felt closed off and there was a kind of wall there which eventually made me lose interest as well plus crushing on other people and I think the last time we spoke on skype was like December 2018. I also kind of lost interest in cis men after him too (except famous people.) That's not the important part though it's more like the dynamics with most guys is very platonic and I want someone more feminine. Or something? I don't know. I hate words. I can't articulate stuff.

And I mean other people irl but I've been living online for ages now.

So anyway to go back to the tech thing then I learnt about the whole Roko's basilisk thing. There's a lot of intense neuroticism surrounding the rationalist community. And they've always been very sceptical about AI. Not everyone adj to that community is though Grimes seems to be ridiculously positive about everything actually...

Edit: They brought that up in this show actually lol:

'Are you familiar with the thought experiment Roko's basilisk?'

'No nor do I care do be.'

😂

This music video is also a reference to that but like loosely:

One of the characters from the music video for "Flesh Without Blood" is named Rococo Basilisk, a reference to the thought experiment Roko's basilisk and the Rococo art movement.[6] Grimes said that the character was "doomed to be eternally tortured by an artificial intelligence, but she's also kind of like Marie Antoinette."[7]
    I know she kind of saw herself as Marie Antoinette when she was making this video and probably for a while afterwards (she goes through all the phases Contrapoints does lol. Just earlier.)

I think she has multiple songs about AI though this one is (I like the Nine Inch Nails sound. This post I'm editing hours later has now become about Grimes.):

I think she loosely identifies with AI lol now. (Considering Elon Musk kept asking her if she was a simulation designed to be his ideal dream girl or something like that that prob didn't help.) I don't think she's going to finish this album unfortunately:

"it's a space opera about CLAIRE DE LUNE ? an artificial courtesan who was implanted in a simulation that is a memory of the AI creation story on earth from the brain of the engineer who invented AI because he wants to re live his life but see if his perfect dream girl could teach him to love and thereby he would preserve humanity this time rather than let them fade into obscurity overcome by the machines.

"As she slowly realizes she is essentially a dancing puppet for the male gaze tho, their relationship grows complex. Simultaneously "NO ONE" (the most powerful super intelligence in the future where the simulation is being rendered from) realizes there?s a massive hyper-realistic sim running and sends in her troll AI puppets to wreak havoc."

However, the two entities "fall into a lesbian romance due to the fact that they are the only two fully Ai beings in this universe".
    It's better than what Jordan Peterson does with his schizotypy? I guess. 'Only fans girls are psychopathic robot Human hybrids and they must be stopped.' OK well, don't be boring. Couldn't have made them sound more badass if he tried lol. Why don't you call the Major Kusanagi while you're at it. Seems counter productive for what you're hoping to achieve here.

This article doesn't actually really say much and it's kind of short. I guess this was the overall point though:

Repeated talk of a possible techno-apocalypse not only sets up these tech glitterati as guardians of humanity, it also implies an inevitability in the path we are taking. And it distracts from the real harms racking up today, identified by academics such as Ruha Benjamin and Safiya Noble. Decision-making algorithms using biased data are deprioritising black patients for certain medical procedures, while generative AI is stealing human labour, propagating misinformation and putting jobs at risk.

Perhaps those are the plot twists we were not meant to notice.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Every now and then, we decide we're going to rehash the old "lets get British people to pick fruit" argument. Which would be a wonderful debate to have, were it not that they already tried that with the whole Pick for Britain flop during covid, where it turned out that British people were not going to go and pick the fruit and we needed to charter planes to get the people who weren't British but who were willing to pick fruit.

And yes, the British people do it in Australia. Because it's Australia, because picking fruit in Australia means you get an extra year on your visa so you can continue the holiday. Picking Strawberries in Northamptonshire, whilst living in a caravan you share with two other people, miles away from anywhere and anyone...not so much.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    McDavid not being in the playoffs right now is a goddamn travesty. I'm heartbroken.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.