Page 332 of 382 FirstFirst ... 132 232 282 322 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5720
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<u><a href="https://anxietyspace.com/forums/member.php?u=5348" target="_blank">Nyctophilia</a></u>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->

That's interesting. I was half-joking about having a fucked up mind. I am jealous, though. It's amazing to me that people have such a rich imagination. I never really thought about it. But I guess everybody's brain is different, so our internal experiences are also going to be different. I was reading a thread on reddit and there seems to be a lot of variation in what people see. It's also hard to describe consciousness in objective terms when it's necessarily subjective. Ironically, we have to use our imagination to imagine what other people imagine. lol.

edit:

LOL I found this:
    LOL yeah I can see why they created that rule because otherwise it would just kill everyone with that name. But it would have been a very short TV show if he had aphantasia.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    This is the most random gif (well 2 gifs just realised there are two found on tumblr,) and I love that they're so... Early 2000s internet lol.

Tumblr is so hilarious.

So many surreal memes.

This is a lot better out of context:

Or the smallest dick I'm not really picky myself. (About that specifically lol.)

He's in his chaser era. Up yours woke moralists (no pun intended)
    lol.

Masculine men oppressing women = very bad
    Feminine men oppressing women= very good
    Make it make sense
    Trans woman wins beauty pageant in The Netherlands - North American 'masculine' men most affected.

It has the same energy as this lol:

When my generalised anxiety was a lot worse and I was kind of hyperalert to sounds I was imagining a scenario where someone developed superpowers that included heightened senses that mimicked the symptoms or something like that.

Oh this was actually reblogged by Neil Gaiman lol.

Were the "Moms for Liberty" prosecuted for theft?
    Good point really.

Also

Just going to use this whenever I post about Green Day now lol.

Ironically in 2004~ most of my posts were about Green Day lol.

I like how they have a song called 80 and 86 now they just need 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 87, 88, and 89.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If I could go back to any point in time and relive it, I would go back to when Invader Zim was first airing. Good times.

Also, I've been thinking about how people so easily give their lives in war. So many people just decided to die for whatever cause (mostly dumb causes) like it was nothing. People are so easily brainwashed. Even now, the people have all the power in the world, but they don't realize it. We can change the world, but people still buy into authority. We have to obey our masters. We need a mass awakening (which could be possible with the internet). We can change the world and do so peacefully. Everything would have to fall in line, but it's possible.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    But the Irish speak the English language, therefore their culture is British/English. There is no difference between the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish people. We are all the same. We literally speak the language and live in the same country and small Island and have done for generations.
    ths wasn't sarcasm
    Lol... So funny. I feel like I've read this comment before somewhere or maybe just a similar one cause I'm getting dejavu. There are 5 countries in the British isles (Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland,) then there's the UK which is technically a country but also made up of 4 constituent countries, 1-3 crown dependencies (depending on definition of British isles - Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey,) Anywhere from 15+ languages depending on definition of British Isles: English, Welsh, Cornish, Irish, Manx, Scots, Scottish Gaelic, French, Guernesiais, Jerriais, Sercquiais, Shelta, Ulster-Scots, Angloromani. Not going to attempt to count dialects (some languages are disputed as dialects, and this isn't including the languages of more recent immigrants over the last cen) and many cultures.

The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK but it is part of the British isles. That's a geographical category not a cultural/national one. So most of Ireland is not part of the UK and not in the same country by any definition. The Republic of Ireland is a celtic culture. Some of the UK's cultures/languages are celtic (Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish, Cornish) most of England isn't. Obviously there's a large amount of overlap though but honestly at this point you might as well say we're all American because they speak the same language and are hugely influential especially on the English speaking internet. Well I guess Rammstein did lol. Cause not just in the Anglosphere.

If you go to Japan and you're white you'll be assumed to be American most of the time lol (and everyone will assume you can speak English which could get awkward,) and in many parts of the world there would be little to no distinctions drawn between people because it's narcissism of small differences really but you can't get away with that kind of comment here lol.

This was a comment on a video where Aubrey Plaza was talking about her DNA results lol:

That 30% Irish gives her that sarcasm. Sarcasm is how our Irish girls role.
    Though I was watching clips of her and on another video someone did say she should have been British:

Aubrey’s sense of humour means she qualifies for a British passport.
    Right? Her humour is much more British than American.
    I guess just because her sense of humour is edgy + deadpan/dry and she makes people mildly uncomfortable. Though that's not a universal thing here.

No one said that any one owned her, just that her humour is similar to that of British people, which is strange considering she is American.
    Funny cause the archetype she plays is very American (with the exception of Luna Lovegood all these characters are American):

Also though:

That psychopath builder bit is pretty funny.

I did one of those 23andme dna tests this year and I found out I'm 98.3% Irish
    I'm English but I don't think I'm very English genetically but I haven't had a DNA test. I just know a bunch of my mum's family several generations ago immigrated from Ireland and Scotland to London before later moving where my grandma was born, one of my great grandparents on my dad's side was Welsh with a Welsh surname and then one of my grandparents was born and raised entirely outside the UK + Ireland so. That's the case for lots of people in the UK too.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

This video was pretty eye opening. I had no idea how low entropy from the sun is why we have life.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

This is quite an old video but I've just been suggested it today.

I wrote out a bunch of stuff then lost it all lol after my browser crashed when I was almost done writing. But the video he's reacting to is so fundamentally dumb. from within the first couple of minutes of this video the black pigeon guy has already argued that women have less ingroup loyalty. Yes women are less nationalistic (note according to comments black pigeon guy himself has apparently moved to Japan,) since they have less influence over that particular hierarchy generally, but they have a huge ingroup bias for eg: the woman ingroup:

This research found that while both women and men have more favorable views of women, women's in-group biases were 4.5 times stronger than those of men.
    We examine gender differences when eliciting distributional preferences as conducted by the Equality Equivalence Test, which has the ability to classify subjects into preferences types. Preferences are elicited when individuals interact with an individual of the same gender and with an individual of the opposite gender. We find elicited preferences are robust across both in-group (same gender) and out-group (opposite gender) interactions. When analyzing the intensity of benevolence (or malevolence) we find that overall women exhibit more malevolence than men, but there is no gender difference for benevolence. Furthermore, women exhibit a higher level of in-group favoritism than men.

You don't even know what her fucking platform is and you automatically cheer.
    😂

I think black pigeon should spend some time on stan twitter honestly.

So Shaun says this:

Just a minor pet peeve of mine but I hate that when people talk about immigrants disparagingly they only talk about men
    Yes they have to because it's mostly a form of sexual competition with outgroup males imo. Plus culturally they see immigrant women as being more malleable and submissive and so better able to integrate. Shaun questions also why they focus on women being disloyal and not men and this is also why they do that they see the guy being in control and can just mold the women however they want ideologically and culturally etc. An exception to this general rule is feminists who they do treat as and see as a threat:

And again this is likely in part because of the sexual competition:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...014.01011/full

Feminist activist women are masculinized in terms of digit-ratio and social dominance: a possible explanation for the feminist paradox
    We start with a few disclaimers related to the last point, and note that 2D:4D and Directiveness were analyzed on the group level. Correlations and effect sizes cannot be used in inferring anything about an individual, except in terms of probabilities. Moreover, the target population studied here is not necessarily representative for anyone who sympathizes with feminism or self-identifies as a feminist. As our data pertain to feminist activists, we cannot and do not bring them to bear on women in general.
    ^bear that in mind they're studying like hardcore activists.

It could also be argued that the results were somehow confounded by a higher proportion of non-exclusively heterosexual women in the study sample than in the general population. For example, 45% of self-identified feminists in a US sample identified as non-heterosexual, predominantly gynephilious (Liss and Erchull, 2010) as compared to 5.6% in a USA probability sample (Bogaert, 2000), which means that feminists were 4.5 times more likely to be non-exclusively heterosexual. [...] The 2D:4D means for these six groups of gynephilious women are higher, that is, less masculinized, than our study sample. Again, this indicates that the highly masculinized 2D:4D of the feminist activists cannot fully be explained even by a majority of them being gynephilious. Indeed, the study sample 2D:4D was significantly more masculinized (t = 3.54, df = 67.98, p < 0.0005, d = 0.313) than the N-weighted mean of the six gynephilious samples (0.9647, N = 327).

So as you can see from these graphs lol:

In summary, the feminist activist sample had a significantly smaller (i.e., masculinized) 2D:4D ratio than the general female samples. The size of this difference corresponds approximately to a 30% difference in prenatal testosterone/estradiol ratio, which was the index found to have the strongest association with 2D:4D (Lutchmaya et al., 2004). Directiveness self-ratings also exhibit a large and highly significant difference in the predicted direction. It is notable that the feminist activist sample 2D:4D was also more masculinized than those of the male comparison samples, except for the left hand in the aggregate sample (see Table 2).
    One possible confounding variable may be the social and contextual conditions of visiting this type of conference, inasmuch as they might have induced attendees to report a higher level of Directiveness than would have been the case under different circumstances. Directiveness forms a behavioral nexus including aggressive, assertive, competitive, and dominance-oriented personality traits, commonly referred to as "bossiness." This might explain why it is that in comparison to the general female and male populations, the feminist Directiveness mean was in the 99th percentile rather than the 95th, as was the case for right hand 2D:4D. Contextual influence might inflate the Directiveness mean but cannot account for the mean 2D:4D ratio and the within-sample correlation between 2D:4D and Directiveness. It is therefore not possible to wholly attribute the observed Directiveness means to serendipity or to confounding variables.
    The Directiveness scale was employed on the basis that it exhibits a high internal consistency, is balanced against acquiescence, and has been validated in demographically representative samples of the Australian population (Ray and Lovejoy, 1988 ). Finally, it is a substantial predictor of self-report indicators of masculine versus feminine orientation in both males and females, including the full range of masculine-feminine orientation, probably because it specifically taps "aggressive dominance" (Ray and Lovejoy, 1988 ). The original instrument was translated to Swedish by way of backtranslation according to established practices (Van de Vijver and Hambleton, 1996). The 14 Directiveness items were presented in a paper questionnaire with a five-step Likert type response scale ranging from "Strongly disagree" to "Strongly agree."
    (these are just theories/ideas I've come up with not saying it's definite fact.)

So essentially the gist of my post was that:

My ongoing theory is that nationalism is a form of mate guarding as a reproductive strategy carried out by more territorial males who are mostly working class men or other groups of men who struggle with relationships etc online (because nationalism is more prevalent in these groups), and as such is associated with being low status. These men are then often manipulated by higher status men who use them in wars they would rarely be willing to fight in themselves. Though pro-war propaganda is less effective these days with many people.

I don't think it's very effective as a sexual strategy as it's associated with low status, and mate guarding is a defensive maneuverer that's not really offering anything. So it's mostly carried out in conjunction with creating a fear narrative about immigrants and racial minority men so that they incite fear, and then offer protection. This is most effective I think with working class women who grow up in diverse working class towns, and have maybe had negative experiences themselves with immigrant or minority men eg like the Rotherham scandal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rother...tation_scandal

But it doesn't tend to be a very effective strategy with middle class women. These men then see that as a betrayal of their defense of the territory (despite often not actually carrying out that role in practice a lot of the time,) and due to being insecure (probably stemming from their low status,) they develop neurotic ideas like the one black pigeon goes into in the video where he believes that women are actively encouraging immigrant from men from parts of the world because they subconsciously desire aggressive and more masculine men as sexual partners and he assumes many immigrant men are. I take a huge issue with this conclusion and his follow up reasoning. It's quite ridiculous and I'm sort of wondering if it's a Hanlon's razor situation or not this form of argument more generally but more on that later.

So people generally engage in assortative mating practices including with race and culture. White women in particular who of course make up the majority in Western countries prefer white guys on online dating. And it's not hard to find immigrant men online complaining about how hard it can be to date in Western cultures:

https://www.rifemagazine.co.uk/2020/...omen-any-more/

Why I won't date white women any more
    Whiteness, much like gender, is a performance. My experience of the dating scene here in the UK as a brown man from the subcontinent has mostly been negative, and I think my lack of performative whiteness is the problem. It wasn?t the rejections themselves that hurt the most, but the way they were often delivered to me ? it was that white women accidentally forgot to censor their serious racist undertones.
    There have been several instances when my politeness was mistaken for an unwarranted advance. This has taken a severe toll on my self-perception, often to the extent of paranoia. It didn?t help when a British Indian female friend remarked, in 'jest,' that if there were a hierarchy of physical attractiveness amongst men based on race, brown men are at the bottom followed by black men in the middle and obviously, white men at the top. This has been proven to me multiple times. For example, a white girl I was briefly seeing made several borderline offensive comments while we were flirting. "Aww, you have such an exotic accent. I wish I sounded like that", she would say."Where does your accent disappear when you sing in English?", "What will your parents think if you brought a white girl home? Will they accept me? Will your community shame you?", "If and when you tell your friends about us, they?ll think you got quite a catch, wouldn't they?", "Hindus seem to be way more chilled out in comparison to Muslims". She said these things quite unabashedly and I chose to ignore them maybe because she was right. I did think I'd landed myself quite a catch - a white girl.
    However, it must be noted that not all brown men are considered undesirable only those who fail to act white. British South Asian men do very well for themselves in the dating scene because they have learned how to perform whiteness. When I moved here for university, I struggled hard to assimilate. I stopped wearing clothes from my home country. I tried dressing more 'local' in hopes of getting lost in the crowd. I decided to groom my eyebrows, hair, and beard. But sadly, I wasn't as adept at altering my personality as my other Indian peers. They were next to unrecognisable at parties. They would assume a certain pretentious aura extra friendly and polite, talking in a weird accent, and speaking poorly about their home country and its problems in front of a white audience in order to garner their sympathy. Most of these students unsurprisingly belonged to upper castes, came from big cities, and had had an elite educational background. Having to see these things firsthand often made me cringe really hard, but it made me question whether in their pursuit of trying to imitate the English, were they ignorantly really making a caricature of themselves? Anyway, I was failing to be white and I strongly felt the pressure to catch up. Never in my life have I ever felt so particularly tormented by my "T's" , "D's", and "R's".
    edit: have to say though at some point that guy should have realised that 'performative whiteness' in his context above is literally just being/acting upper middle class lol.... They're not rocking up to these parties like..:

Same I'm from the city and I still have no fucking clue of 90% of the [BEEP] he is spouting about, it's fucking sad that people now consider this creativity rambling fucking nonsense in slang that doesn't even make sense to 90% of it's own residents haha
    I can get about 60-70% or more I think lol.

'No peace till I put a SIM in a burner?'

Google says p's though. Is that peace or something else?

Not rocking up so English it ceases to be.

Can't wait for the English version 🔥🔥🔥

Running from the fed in the UK lol? Guess they really wanted something that rhymed with head and dead.

I've fallen down a weird rabbit hole.

When it comes to low skilled immigration it's often poor men from poor countries moving to richer countries so that they can get money that they can either send home, or work for a bit and them move back because the money is worth more and goes further back in their home country. From a dating perspective moving would not work well for them as they are moving into a higher level of competition as the men in Western countries generally have more resources and there's a greater imbalance within those countries between rich and poor.

So I think the reason women are more likely to support immigration is that they're less likely to engage in gatekeeping behaviour in general. This is the complaint many transphobes have as well "Why don't more women care about trans women being in female spaces?" some of it is also the perception that immigrants are a vulnerable group automatically and women are more empathetic on average so they want to show support. And some of it is just virtue signalling so they think if they go around holding signs (which seems to be a form of behaviour he finds particularly irritating,) it can be that. Some of them are also likely looking to provide a vocal counter message to their political opponents so it can be somewhat aggressive as well. I don't think any of the reason is 'subconscious desire for aggressive men.'

Actually while writing this post I found a paper related to this:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...67549420973207

'Frustrated women invite the immigrants to Europe': Intersection of (xeno-) racism and sexism in online discussions on gender aspects of immigration
    So in spite of this strategy and agenda to create a culture of fear of outgroup males + form of mate guarding, a lot of men simultaneously express support for beliefs that overlap with Islam and that's because religions like that are fairly useful for controlling and repressing female sexuality which is a common part of many men's sexual strategy and monotheistic religions have often been used for that purpose (see below.) So these two features are somewhat in conflict generally speaking they will overcome the cognitive dissonance by trying to create or focus on similar ideologies that they see as being more local/ingroup. Christianity for example. In a similar way women and progressives more generally will often be outwardly supportive of immigration because they're more likely to support vulnerable people (generally female, children and LGBT+ immigrants,) because of a general distaste for gatekeeping, and/or because they're virtue signalling. But they also tend to support feminism or similar progressive gender beliefs which are often in conflict. So both sides have some cognitive dissonance/conflicting agendas there.

https://news.arizona.edu/story/evolu...rding-strategy

Religious practices that strongly control female sexuality are more successful at promoting certainty about paternity, according to a study published in the June 4, 2012 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

In an interdisciplinary collaboration, a group of researchers around biological anthropologist Beverly Strassmann from the University of Michigan and University of Arizona geneticist Michael Hammer analyzed genetic data on 1,706 father-son pairs in a traditional African population ? the Dogon people of Mali, West Africa ? in which Islam, two types of Christianity and an indigenous, monotheistic religion are practiced in the same families and villages.
    "The major world religions sprang from patriarchal societies in which the resources critical to reproduction, whether in the form of land or livestock, were inherited from father to son down the male line," Strassmann and her colleagues write. "Consistent with patrilineal inheritance, the sacred texts set forth harsh penalties for adultery and other behaviors that lower the husband's probability of paternity. The scriptures also place greater emphasis on female than on male chastity, including the requirement of modest attire for women and the idealization of virginity for unmarried females."
    So to support his argument black pigeon makes the absolutely insane claim that and I quote:

That means criminals, gangsters and mass murderers are always going to be more attractive to women than hardworking honest men. They always have been they always will be.

So he's assuming that all women are hybristophiles (a paraphilia.) It's like arguing that because a lot of men are attracted to teen girls 14+ in age and because men find youthfulness attractive that all men are pedophiles.

If this was actually true Humans would have probably died out because those men are incapable of cooperating with other men and are generally parasitic. They don't tend to create anything and they are actually a very destructive force that destroys cultures (ironically,) if they gain a certain amount of influence/power. So that's where the Hanlon's razor thing comes in because people pushing these kind of ideas and who have this level of hyper cynical attitude are sometimes somewhat similar in personality themselves though in other cases they're just really stupid and/or insecure. On top of that guys like that are not caring so they don't make good dad's so they're selected against that way too unless they mimic those traits. Which they can do it's not that hard nowadays, you can just take a bunch of photos of yourself with a kitten or another small animal. Or walk around with a cute dog irl.

Hope tells us that seeing her now-boyfriend with a dog made all the difference in her perception of him. The 24-year-old tells us that she knew her boyfriend and didn't like him for years before they started dating. Then, one night at a dinner party, he asked her if she wanted to check out photos of his beagle, and Hope started to see him differently. His pride in his dog helped her get to know him better, and demonstrated that he's compassionate and caring.
    Of course tricking/lying to women isn't the same as them actually being attracted to you. And he doesn't get why it bothers people:

By the way this isn't just a term he's throwing out there like how people use the term nice guys. It's a legal term:

'Loverboys' (or romeo pimps) are human traffickers who usually operate by trying to make young girls or boys fall in love with them. Sometimes they manipulate young people in other ways. Once they have victims under their influence they exploit them, for instance in the sex industry.

Traditionally, a loverboy seduces young, vulnerable girls and boys over a lengthy period of time, in order to exploit them sexually later on. This practice is being used less and less. Nowadays, loverboys resort more quickly and frequently to threatening their victims, using blackmail and violence.
    He'll deny in recent interviews that he's done anything wrong which I can imagine some people will be convinced by because of his charisma, but there's plenty of evidence of him bragging about exploiting people:

The final thing that's a bit weird with black pigeons point is that he concludes that women are attracted to male aggression because when men conquered other tribes if women didn't submit they'd die. That seems like a decent argument for why women might become more agreeable (to avoid male threats/violence,) but I'd think the attraction to male aggression is probably more because it's useful from a defence pov or securing resources in certain environments.

comments on that video lol:

"It?s a girl!" The doctor says. The child?s parents share a worried look. Every world leader stops in their tracks. The downfall of civilization is just months away from arriving.
    🤣

I love your dry humor. "Quite a lot of women's attraction to Han Solo is mainly because he looks like Harrison Ford in the 80's"
    I'm actually one of the few people that probably finds Luke more attractive than Han Solo. Mostly based on this video lol:

"But then a desert hobo came and told me" Lol so funny.

He has pretty eyes. But I've probably only watched the films once or something like that. With the exception of The Phantom Menace which I watched a bunch of times as a kid because we had that one on VHS.

My favourite character now is probably Creepio from Auralnauts series, not sexually but just because he's hilarious.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I don't really buy this theory btw that it's because of the birth control pill because I've never taken that. People have brought that up a lot. Maybe this doesn't apply to me because I'm not neurotypical or cisgender and people with my sexuality + gender identity quirk have existed pre the birth control pill (like Rachilde for example,) but... Meh.

Also the ovulation thing only applies to jaw width and details like that anyway not various other feminine/masculine traits necessarily. I mean have they compared it for everything? I'd imagine most of it's mutable.

Besides that the argument going on in Western culture is not about jaw masculinisation/feminisation lol. Well incels are debating about that but in general. It's usually an argument about something behavioural.

Surely again the fact that most women are bisexually aroused would have some impact!? Why does no one bring up that incredibly obvious point lool...

Then he starts talking about how dangerous sex is. I think everyone already internalised that message Jordan that's why conservatives are freaking out about how no one is having sex anymore LOL. What strange times.

'Modern people like to think there's nothing dangerous about sex'

Do they because all I'm hearing is people avoiding sex to avoid pregnancy, people avoiding sex to avoid STD's/neurotic about health stuff, people avoiding sex because it's too much effort, (I guess that's more apathy than fear but it's all tied up to the general negative outlook,) people avoiding sex because they don't want to be accused of rape etc.

OK so this is the video title:

Jordan Peterson: The REAL Reason Why Most Women Are Attracted to Feminine Man
    Which is quite the statement btw. It was very obvious that he never said that.

But even then the vast majority of that video has nothing to do with that topic. I hate how people keep doing this. Like that masculine woman video they do it because they know these topics are actually interesting to people...

And the thumbnail I don't remember him mentioning anything in the video about women lying...

Here's what I noticed.

Hot guy:

Still hot:

Still hot:

Still hot:

Still hot:

^ may actually be more hot there.

He looks better with long hair though:

In general it doesn't matter much but sometimes it does. I keep forgetting to try this with my current famous crush. I want one that does entire gifs lol. Someone did make one for Loki once but from the sounds of it it was a long, arduous process. Probably had to faceapp every frame of the gif or something like that I dunno. It's not really necessary as he's already very attractive:

I mean the several different people he seems to be in different images/gifs already lol are all attractive.

but the interesting thing with Loki initially when I started stumbling on faceapp images + made some myself is that it was like discovering a new hot person at first. Now I'm desensitised though.

Anyway this study found different results anyway:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6328097/

Previous research has suggested that women using oral contraceptives show weaker preferences for masculine men than do women not using oral contraceptives. Such research would be consistent with the hypothesis that steroid hormones influence women?s preferences for masculine men. Recent large-scale longitudinal studies, however, have found limited evidence linking steroid hormones to masculinity preferences. Given the relatively small samples used in previous studies investigating putative associations between masculinity preferences and oral contraceptive use, we compared the facial masculinity preferences of women using oral contraceptives and women not using oral contraceptives in a large online sample of 6482 heterosexual women. We found no evidence that women using oral contraceptives had weaker preferences for male facial masculinity than did women not using oral contraceptives. These findings add to a growing literature suggesting that links between reproductive hormones and preferences are more limited than previously proposed.
    I don't see how they can easily perform this sort of research. I took part in a survey once that was doing something with faces and attraction and everyone just seemed boring and neutral looking. Mugshot kinda photos. OK I guess you can still have aesthetic preferences with this stuff but does it matter if nobody is hot? Surely it would make more sense to manipulate the face of someone you find attractive? I guess no because confounders.

Oh they did find a difference but this time it was in female faces lol:

There was a significant main effect of sex of face (estimate = -1.023, se = 0.140, t = -7.333, p < .001), whereby women showed stronger femininity preferences when judging women's than men's faces. There was a significant interaction between sex of face and use of oral contraceptives (estimate = -0.060, se = 0.026, t = -2.319, p = .021). There were no other significant effects (both p > .11).
    The interaction between sex of face and use of oral contraceptives was explored by repeating the analysis above separately for male and female faces. Women using oral contraceptives showed stronger femininity preferences than women not using oral contraceptives when assessing women's faces (estimate = 0.056, se = 0.017, t = 3.266, p = .001), but not when assessing men's faces (estimate = -0.010, se = 0.022, t = -0.467, p = .641). For female faces, the positive intercept (estimate = 1.007, se = 0.083, t = 12.164, p < .001) indicated femininity preferences were significantly above chance. For male faces, the near-zero intercept (estimate = -0.017, se = 0.112, t = -0.155, p = 0.879) indicated femininity preferences were not significantly different from chance.
    This is really interesting:

For female faces, there was a significant positive effect of participant age (estimate = 0.019, se = 0.007, t = 2.585, p = .010), indicating that older women had stronger preferences for female femininity. For male faces, there was a significant negative effect of participant age (estimate = -0.025, se = 0.009, t = -2.732, p = .006), indicating that older women had stronger preferences for male masculinity.
    But I feel like a lot of these results just won't replicate. The age thing in masculinity in men is anecdotally widely reported dunno why there would be an age difference in femininity in women though. Also all the women in this study are heterosexual.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I want to hear all these songs live they're so good. I get this is just a YouTube thing but would actually go see this live lol:

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yeah that's fucked up. They're were all Americans visiting Germany too weirdly.

I always thought that place looked cool but if I went there now I'd just be thinking about that. Also that woman that survived... That's got to be bleak.

All I know about Lincoln Park is this but apparently it's a different Lincoln Park where the suspect in this case lives which makes sense since it sounds like a common name:

An American tourist accused of throwing two women off a bridge into a 300ft-deep ravine lured them up there by offering to show them a "romantic view", police claim.
    I figured they were just up there but I guess they went up there with him. Yeah confusing it's obviously a creepy thing for a stranger to suggest.

I think he did that there because he didn't expect them to fight while on the bridge and then they did and he snapped.

The pair were airlifted into hospital. The 21-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital but her friend, Ms Chang survived with only minor injuries, which has reportedly been attributed to the tree.
    I would have thought she'd be in a pretty bad state but I guess she fell less far. See this is why I prefer trees to many Humans.

But yeah he should get [redacted]

Rejection is part of life and part of the game. I had a woman reject me today. No hard feelings It?s part of life man just move on.
    It's not really a rejection situation he didn't ask her out normally even, he specifically got them to follow him up there so he could sexually assault one of them then her friend helped her so he chucked her off the edge, then there was a further struggle so he killed her. Perhaps that was the end goal all along but as they put up a struggle he just skipped to the killing part.

Yeah exactly:

by rejection I thought like "Do you wanna hang out" or something like that. Basically a scenario where you did nothing wrong. But this loser really assaulted them and then they didn't like it and therefore "rejected" his advances. What he did before he was rejected is fucking weird behaviour to begin with.

There's a bunch of weird comments from resentful guys and obvious troll shit. Some people are just disgusting.

Makes me think of this:

"How many have to die so you can feel loved."

At seventeen I started to starve myself
    I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
    And at least I understood then the hunger I felt
    And I didn't have to call it loneliness

Dating in the games industry ???
    YouTube suggesting this video to me lol (that was the title,) even though I don't work in the games industry 'your degree subject is still useless.' The shade of it all and it only has 490 views making it even weirder that I was suggested it. People I dated do work in the games industry one of them I'm still friends with and he basically doesn't date now either really.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If determinism is true, every instance of suffering and pain can be considered a sacrifice for every instance of joy and pleasure. Someone right now is suffering a lot of pain allowing me to type this. Since we're part of the same determined world, their suffering is necessitated by me typing this (see Laplace's demon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon). Everything in our mini-internal world implies everything else that is happening in the universe. It can't be any other way. Kind of weird to think that you couldn't not exist, because the chain of causes leading up to you was always going to happen that way.

edit:
    Actually, I don't know what's weirder - determinism or indeterminism. If true randomness is part of existence, then none of this had to happen this way. It would be highly unlikely that we would exist.

Even weirder, is there even a way to know which one is true? All we have is interpretations of reality. Maybe neither are true. The world is just an illusion of consciousness. Cause and effect is illusory like it is in dreams. Nobody thinks there are actual atoms in their dream world.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post

Yeah that's fucked up. They're were all Americans visiting Germany too weirdly.
    You know he says in the video 'women have to watch out when they travel they have a real worry.'

But they went all the way to Germany and were still attacked and/or killed by an American.

Also Germany is safer than America. Sad but true. This is all just a very ironic example of this in action.

The number of serious crimes reported to the police per 100,000 persons is much higher in the United States than in Germany. Five murders and forcible rapes and three or four robberies and felony assaults are reported in the United States per 100,000 population for every one in Germany (table 1).
    There's some countries that are dangerous especially to women and [BEEP] people and yet at least some of the time they'll treat foreign people better than their own people. Or create weird exceptions for foreign people. And if you get arrested or something your government will try and help to get you out. But the people who live there are stuck with it until they manage to change things.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    edit: have to say though at some point that guy should have realised that 'performative whiteness' in his context above is literally just being/acting upper middle class lol.... They're not rocking up to these parties like..:

Same I'm from the city and I still have no fucking clue of 90% of the [BEEP] he is spouting about, it's fucking sad that people now consider this creativity rambling fucking nonsense in slang that doesn't even make sense to 90% of it's own residents haha
    I can get about 60-70% or more I think lol.

'No peace till I put a SIM in a burner?'

Google says p's though. Is that peace or something else?

Not rocking up so English it ceases to be.

Can't wait for the English version 🔥🔥🔥

Running from the fed in the UK lol? Guess they really wanted something that rhymed with head and dead.

I've fallen down a weird rabbit hole.
    Yeah so as I've said I'm from Luton and one time I was on holiday in France on this campsite with my family when I was like I dunno 7/8 or so I guess my brother must have been 6/7. So he started hanging out with this boy who had a Scouse accent and he started to pick up the accent and I remember my dad being annoyed by that haha. Actually some of my cousins grew up there in Liverpool but their accents aren't that strong from the few times I've seen them.

You notice the common theme?

UK Drill rappers always trying to steal that antifa/'goth-ninja' swag. 😂

No but it's funny.

I like how everyone was doing this pre-pandemic. Like in advance. Goes back to cybergoth too though.

Actually 'goth ninja' became the term for that other style because there still isn't a term for it and some people used that. No one really liked that label. Some people suggested cyberpunk but as has been pointed out it's more minimalistic than cyberpunk, less neon etc. It's closely related to hacker culture though and Mr.Robot (TV show,) probably parkour as well. Very urban. And shares the overlapping dystopian theme with cyberpunk I think.

I think it's actually a response to mass surveillance and the erosion of privacy and the private world. Everything is public now so. Jordan Peterson is in a war against anonymity too.

Oh they'll say it's because they want to avoid attention from police + gives criminal/edgy vibes. Obviously they want to look tough. And can be violent. That's kind of surface level though. the UK has more surveillance cameras per person than anywhere in the world except China of course.

People with anxiety disorders and schizophrenia-spectrum disorders etc are told that it's their mental illness that makes them feel that everyone's staring at them or they're being watched or the 'centre of attention' so to speak. Maybe this is true to a point but they are always being watched. Perhaps it's just instinctive. They're not living in a small village with people they know anymore they're living surrounded by strangers and being constantly under surveillance. People living in urban areas are 21 percent more likely to have an anxiety disorder than people living in rural areas.

There have been some members of the Proud Boys who have been brandishing weapons, threatening people there was that guy who-
    Brandishing weapons what country is this? Oh yes it's uh America. We have a second amendment.
    The guy later in the video who talks about civil war and says he thinks it's going to become nationwide seems.. Almost excited.

I find the narrative being presented by that video amusing. (the reality of the situation can only really be known by people observing in person obviously.) It's very younger nerds + women vs masculine middle aged men. Of course I've seen other videos where you get these fascist skinny guys with voices that sound like they're half way through puberty or they have a cough or something and then there's Nick Fuentes and his femboy nazi friend so it's a mixed bag.

The guy at 8:19 in this video with the megaphone he pops up a few times. Maybe he just screamed himself hoarse:

There are women on the far right too, like that weird woman who worked in the [BEEP] store (The Freudian nature of it all is never going to stop being hilarious and so I will always use her as the primary anecdote,)

The [BEEP] Nazi: Sex Toy-Selling White Supremacist Unmasked
    https://www.advocate.com/news/dildo-...te-supremacist

It's just the perfect headline. I've never seen a better one. Ever.

It is both striking and seemingly incongruous to the material, the way a young, average female voice (devoid of ghoulish stylization or of discernible malice and hatred) not only celebrates acts of terrorism while parroting well-established neo-Nazi tropes and slogans, but perhaps most of all the unburdened and rather natural way that this young woman uses the most cutting of racial slurs and homophobic pejoratives. It is one thing to see edgy young men describe mass murderer Dylann Roof as "Saint Roof" on a message board, for example, and quite another to hear a young woman say it aloud and without traceable irony.
    And I'm sure people's sexism (gender roles,) is some of the underlying incentive. Oh I like how they point out the lack of 'ghoulish stylization' yes they were expecting SKYND lol:

https://www.rifemagazine.co.uk/2020/...omen-any-more/

T̴h̸i̸s̷ ̶i̷s̷ ̴n̵o̷t̵ ̶t̵o̸ ̵s̷a̷y̷ ̶t̷h̷a̶t̴ ̴I̷͔͌ ̵̹̽ď̷̲̖o̴̺̔n̸̙̾̈́'̵͇͝t̶̩̳̚ ̷̡̰̕h̶̺̯̅ã̶̫̎v̷̰̝̂ẻ̶̜ ̷̳͆̊w̸͓͆̋h̸̤̐͂ī̷̪̣̍t̶̢̐̉e̶͖̰̔ ̵͖̮̐͛w̷̄̃ͅơ̴̗͐m̷̝̈́e̵̞͇̿n̸͚͖̊͘ ̸͍̊̑ ȃ̴̭s̷̟̓ ̶̦̽f̴͎̃r̷͉̕i̴̙͐e̷̤͠n̵̜̕d̵̟͠s̷͇̽.̴̠̑ ̵͕͐Į̸͠n̷͔̓ ̴͓͑f̸͍̚a̸̪̽c̵̥͋ṫ̴͓,̸͎͝ ̵̩͛ ̷I̷ ̵c̴o̷n̶s̷i̶d̷e̸r̴ m̵y̶s̵e̵l̴f̷ ̶extremely lucky to know a few white women who are absolutely kind and wonderful, ̴b̵u̷t̶ ̶I̸ ̶f̶e̷e̶l̸ ̷i̵t̶ ̶i̷s̶ ̶i̵m̴p̷e̶r̵a̶t̸i̸v̶e̷ ̷t̷o̸ ̸s̴t̶a̴t̵e̷ ̷t̸h̸a̴t̴ ̶m̷̻̈́o̴͜͝s̴̙̅t̷̯͘ ̵̱̕w̵̗̌h̵̰͂i̶̼̐t̸͓̊e̵͜͝ ̵̙͘w̴̹̅o̸̖̾m̴͝ͅẹ̷͂n̵̮̍ ̸̟̽h̷̙̍a̵͖͒v̶̛̲e̴̛̘ǹ̷͚'̴͖͠t̵̪̐ ̵̼͒d̷͕̅o̷͕͆n̸͚͌e̵̬̽ ̴̞̍e̴̳͛n̷͎͋o̶̦̔ú̸̩g̵͕͋ḩ̴͒ ̶̦̑t̷̰̅ō̸̡ ̵̢͝r̷̲͑e̵̫̓ć̴̡ȏ̶̥g̸̫͠n̷̞̐i̶̢̿s̴̥̚e̸̛͓ ̸̱̋t̸̮͐h̶͙̃e̵͎̕ ̷̛̩p̴͚̋ọ̷̏w̷̱̋e̴̘̓r̸̝̒ ̸͈̀t̵̳̔ḧ̸̗́ë̵̤y̴͖͆ ̸̟͑h̸͍͘ò̶̪ḽ̵͗d̴̫̍ ̸a̷n̸d̵ ̵t̵o̷ ̶a̷c̴k̴n̶o̴w̶l̵e̸d̴g̵e̷ ̵t̷h̷e̷i̴r̴ ̵p̵r̶i̵v̷i̴l̵e̷g̵e̷.̸ ̵T̵h̶e̶y̷ ̷a̷r̵e̷ ̴w̷e̷l̶l̵ ̸a̴w̸a̴r̸e̴ ̶o̸f̴ ̶t̴h̴e̴i̴r̸ ̵p̴o̷w̷e̴r̶ ̸a̸n̴d̶ ̴p̶o̴s̵i̵t̶i̸o̷n̷ ̶i̵n̶ ̴t̶h̶e̶ ̵s̵o̵c̵i̶e̸t̸y̷.̴ ̷T̷T̷͇̃ẖ̶̑e̶͕͝y̴̻͐ ̵͍̂k̶̭̔n̷̢̾o̵̞̍w̷̢̏ ̴̙͊t̷̤͝h̴͙̚a̶̛̼t̵͔͠ ̴͎̈́t̷̥̚h̸͔̕e̵̺̎y̸̫͛ ̷̯̈́ạ̴̿r̸̝͋e̶̗͠ ̶̹͠i̷̜̒n̵̟̐f̵̺̊a̴̕͜n̴̫͌ẗ̸͎ḯ̴̘l̸͖̎i̵̩͊ś̶̪e̷͗ ̥d̸̛ ̡ ̸t̷o̶ ̵t̵h̸e̶ ̸e̷x̵t̴e̸n̴t̸ ̴t̶h̷a̵t̵ ̵s̶o̷c̴i̶e̴t̸y̸ ̶d̷e̷e̸m̸s̸ ̶t̶h̶e̷m̶ ̴i̷n̴c̶a̴p̸a̴b̷l̶e̷ ̴o̴f̴ ̵c̵o̴m̵m̵i̴t̷t̷i̷n̸g̴ ̶e̴͚̠͊͊͐v̵̩̉͛̽i̵̛̠̕ĺ̴͉͎ ̸̭̣̘́̂͆ả̴̘͕͛̾ć̸̰͝ͅt̶̛͙̄͛s̶̫͍̯͌̍.̷̡̣͕̑̉ ̶̛̬̎͝ ̵T̶h̷e̸y̷ ̷u̸n̵d̶e̶r̶s̸t̶a̷n̷d̵ ̷t̶h̸a̴t̴ ̵t̶h̸e̸y̸ ̴a̴r̶e̸ ̶o̶n̸ ̷t̸h̸e̵ ̶t̷o̷p̷ ̸o̷f̵ ̴t̴h̷e̸ ̷l̶i̸s̶t̷ ̶o̶f̷ ̴g̸r̸o̴u̶p̷s̸ ̶o̷f̴ ̴p̶e̷o̷p̵l̴e̵ ̶w̸h̸o̷ ̶n̸e̵e̵d̴ ̷t̵o̴ ̷b̷e̸ ̶r̸e̵s̵c̵u̸e̶d̵ ̷o̷r̷ ̵s̸a̶v̴e̶d̷.̸ ̴H̵e̵n̶c̷e̸,̵ ̵t̴h̴e̸y̵ ̷h̴a̴v̴e̵ ̵l̵e̷a̸r̵n̴e̶d̵ ̵h̶o̵w̸ ̸t̸o̶ ̶e̸x̴p̷l̷o̵i̶t̷ ̸t̸h̸e̶i̶r̴ ̴f̶e̶a̶r̵ ̷a̴n̵d̴ ̷t̷e̴s̶t̶i̷m̸o̶n̷y̵ ̵t̸o̴ ̸t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̴f̶a̵c̴t̷ ̵i̷s̷ ̴t̵h̶e̶ ̴e̶n̴d̸l̶e̴s̸s̵ ̶n̴u̴m̵b̴e̷r̶ ̴o̸f̴ ̸p̷e̵o̶p̷l̴e̵ ̸o̵f̷ ̸c̶o̵l̴o̷u̵r̸ ̵w̶h̴o̶ ̷h̷a̴v̴e̴ ̸d̷i̶e̸d̶ ̴b̸e̵c̸a̷u̶s̸e̴ ̸o̷f̶ ̵w̶h̷i̸t̷e̸ ̵w̷o̴m̸e̴n̶'s̸ ̷ẃ̸͜ë̵͈͖́ã̸͚̚p̸͚̞̈́̔o̴̟̘̊̃͆n̸̡̳̤͌͠i̴͖͎̤̾s̵̃̿̀ ̼ė̸ ͎̖͛͠d̸̼̿ͅ ̶̙͆t̷̙̰̜̀̈̾ẻ̵̝̖̫a̵̢̭͂́ͅr̴̼͉̘̈́̄s̵̤̀̐.̴̝̆̾̚
    Weird editing decision felt like it fit with SKYND but now it's unreadable lol. It's like the text version of distorted electronic vocals.

It's true though society infantilises white women and East Asian women but there's not a hegemonic political push obviously to save East Asian women in the West like there is with white women. And some white women exploit this to their own advantage.

On the other hand (because there's always two extremes,) there is that amusing 'raceplay' comic meme that was floating around. There's a similar one with trans women as well, and other women. There's this guy who has this idea that all white women are racist basically and so imagines them in some kind of femdom type scenario with a confederate flag bikini then he matches with a white woman on tinder and in the final part of the comic the white woman is just begging him to forgive her for being white and he looks unamused.

I don't like raceplay. Except maybe fantasy raceplay. Bretons and Altmer. I came across some fanfics doing that in my early 20s lol. (Not nords? On occasion because I was limited in regards to Altmer/Human fics but I'm racist against Nords. I don't really find them attractive. I prefer magic races. Same thing with Thor vs Loki. Khorne vs Tzeentch. Also Bretons are a hybrid race in the lore - though just barely - and that makes the dynamic a bit more interesting for me and I have a more general conversion/transformation fetish because I'm a vampire. Actually I wasn't picky about which way the power dynamics went and I suppose some kind of balance/integration is ideal. That's what I was going for with Jesus/Satan too. 'Oh the non-binary person wants things to be integrated. 😒' =D) Also Night Elves and Blood Elves from WoW etc. Yeah I like elves lol. But actually the warcraft thing was more about the faction dynamic really and liking elves.

^ the really funny thing about this is I don't really remember any feminists or white women complaining about his recent stand up talking about this stuff. Only white nationalist men on twitter haha. They were really annoyed at him. I think even moreso because he's married to a black woman and they don't like interracial relationships. There probably were some women complaining but just that's what I ended up finding.

It's kind of clever because if you use race you can criticise women without most progressives giving a [BEEP] (related to the progressive stack,) and since most Western women are white it has almost the same effect. I mean he's been telling jokes about women for years though. But yeah you can do that but the white nationalists will lose their [BEEP] instead lol.

Having said that I don't know the chronology maybe the above performance was earlier but if not he seems to have modified the above routine like compare it to this one where it's actually a lot heavier and discusses how white women historically lied about being raped to get black guys lynched which they did:

In conclusion, I don't think I could ever seriously date a white woman o̴̗̍n̷̢̚ ̵̢͐a̴̧̍ ̷͓͠l̷̃͜o̶̫̿n̵̟̏g̴͙̈́ ̸͍̎t̵̢͂e̵̘͋r̴̢̍m̵͇͂ ̴͚́b̵͎̿ă̷̭s̵̬̑i̴͎̒s̸̭̋,̴̱̓ because the vacuum created by the power imbalance will eventually feed into my paranoia. Personal acts of non-prejudice and non-judgement on a white person's part won't do much for me because their individual actions won't erase the history of colonialism and oppression that afflicts my people.
    on a long term basis
    on a long term basis.
    I am unwilling to change my fundamental values, my core attitudes and behaviours, compromise my identity as an Indian man, and most importantly be shamed for my cultural baggage. I wish to reclaim the stereotypes surrounding brown men. I want to attack racism and not condone brown misogyny. I simply wish to be brown and proud, openly and unapologetically. I refuse to be seen as an equal in accordance with white people's standards.
    on a long term basis.
    His dick doesn't share his fundamental values. I'm just saying. I doubt that was even conscious but the implication haha.

But generally speaking it is much more of a sausage fest on the far right. Women don't like extremist politics in general but the far right isn't big on aggressive women, so they congregate on the 'far left' instead. Then women's gender ingroup bias probably does contribute to that as well.

There's a point in the second Vice video where one guy tells people to 'stop acting like toddlers' it really drives some people. Not the nazi's.

Those sunglasses are really cool.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The thing about justpearlythings argument is she says she wants to encourage more people to form families and get married. Live traditionally basically. But to get there her arguments are things like:

1. We should remove incentives to leave marriage like alimony and child support

2. We should ban divorce

She says 'if you want to leave you shouldn't get married.' That's more a case against marriage. Why not just be in relationships and then don't get married?

She doesn't provide any examples of why marriage is actually worth it. She says she thinks women are happier married but research is mixed and they initiate most divorces. Historically women got married because they couldn't support themselves financially, and then there's the implication that they're owned by their husband and many of the traditions associated with that continue on today. Though over time that idea was gradually watered down there were periods where it was more literal ownership. Like Coverture:

Coverture (sometimes spelled couverture) was a legal doctrine in the English common law in which a married woman's legal existence was considered to be merged with that of her husband, so that she had no independent legal existence of her own. Upon marriage, coverture provided that a woman became a feme covert, whose legal rights and obligations were mostly subsumed by those of her husband. An unmarried woman, or feme sole, had the right to own property and make contracts in her own name.

Coverture was well established in the common law for several centuries and was inherited by many other common law jurisdictions, including the United States. According to historian Arianne Chernock, coverture did not apply in Scotland, but whether it applied in Wales is unclear.[1]

After the rise of the women's rights movement in the mid-19th century, coverture was increasingly criticised as oppressive, hindering women from exercising ordinary property rights and entering professions. Coverture was first substantially modified by late-19th-century Married Women's Property Acts passed in various common-law jurisdictions, and was weakened and eventually eliminated by later reforms. Certain aspects of coverture (mainly concerned with preventing a wife from unilaterally incurring major financial obligations for which her husband would be liable) survived as late as the 1960s in some states of the United States.
    That's not necessarily a dynamic most women really want to be in at this point.

The part about Scotland is interesting because Scotland still has very different cultural political attitudes to this day compared to England:

https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_556079_smxx.pdf

Under civil law in Scotland, wives were not subject to the same limits of coverture as their English counterparts, and were granted the capability to retain a proportion of their landed and moveable property upon marriage.
    The Telegraph lol:

How Scotland became the wokest country in the world
    The fact that Scotland is at the epicentre of transgender politics is a turn of events that has probably taken most of its inhabitants by surprise. Scots, while far removed from the presbyterian stereotypes, are not so different from other Brits in their social mores

How then did their country become known as the wokest in the world? A place where a rapist was sent to a female jail after identifying as a woman; where it will be possible, if the government has its way, for people to change gender without a medical diagnosis; where social engineering has seen middle-class students seemingly outlawed by the top universities; and where the capital city regards meat as an evil to be eradicated from all public sector menus.
    Before I say anything else I just love that they couldn't apparently find a Scottish person to write this article. 'How did their country'

Well it's a bit complicated isn't it. At one point England supported gay rights earlier than Scotland did and legalised gay sex first because there were some high profile tories who were gay men and they defend their own (that's really the reason the law was initially overturned lol, the Wolfenden report) but it makes more sense that RE gender boundaries Scotland would give less of a [BEEP] compared to England. Having said that I'm sure the majority are uncomfortable with most changes because most people always are when it comes to this topic.

Of course they're not really ahead of the curve globally either or even in Europe. Many countries have had third genders be recognised legally in at least some contexts:

In June 2019, the Althing voted 45?0 on a bill to implement a self-determination model, similar to numerous European and South American countries.[28] The new law allows transgender individuals to change their legal gender without having to receive a medical and mental disorder diagnosis, or undergo sterilization and sex reassignment surgery. Minors may also change their legal gender with parental consent. Furthermore, the law allows individuals to choose a third gender option known as "X" on official documents.[29][30][31] The law went into effect on 1 January 2020, and finally implemented in January 2021.[32] The original bill included a ban on medical interventions performed on intersex children, but this was dropped to increase the chance of passage in the Althing.[33] Instead, a committee was set up to discuss the issue and report within a year.[34][35]
    The right of trans people to self-ID has been the subject of a backlash in Spain and Scotland, while a raft of laws aiming to 'erase' LGBTQ people has been unleashed in Uganda and the US. But it isn?t like this everywhere: Argentinian legislation has been granting trans people the right to self-determination for 11 years.
    Do they know over at the Telegraph? Scotland may be the uh 'wokest' country in the UK but you might wish to observe the rest of the world sometime.

The most toxic area is obvious: the trans row. Just before Christmas, the devolved government in Scotland almost succeeded in its mission to reform gender recognition legislation, removing the need for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to receive a gender recognition certificate, and lowering the age for applicants to 16.
    From what I remember they actually had to compromise too by only allowing this for binary trans people going from male to female or vice versa and not having a third gender option haha. Not that you necessarily want to be legally recognised by a state. Much like with marriage there are drawbacks. When fascists get into power they have a really easy way of tracking you down after all.

And I can't actually read this telegraph article because it's behind a paywall. I just took a screenshot so I could read a few paragraphs of it lmao before the thing blocked me.

Totally just an excuse to post this since I recently rediscovered this album again haha:

From my pov I just think it's questionable for the government to be so involved in a personal relationship. You need permission from the government to end your relationship?

Why does no one find that creepy lol.

Oh and justpearlythings is a huge troll. I don't like to say this since I think this argument is overused especially on women but based on her hypocritical viewpoints I do think she's mostly looking for male attention due to the inconsistency etc. Why she's looking for that is a reason that can be debated.

Obviously as I posted recently most women have a pro-female bias which isn't good but is possibly instinctive. I think bonobos must have that too so they can collectively defend themselves against males and women probably do something similar against problematic men (or it's purely an artifact of WEIRD culture who knows.) I think it's useful to work against that instinct sometimes so you don't become a retard that supports female dictators just because they're female, but at the point where you're just one sidedly going along with every opinion men come out with like 'it's OK for men to cheat but not for women to cheat' it's very deliberate and not your own opinions at all transparently.

Also she's not married and has no children so there's also that.

The most charitable explanation I can suggest is that she got annoyed and decided to overcorrect.

It's all very sus.

Edit: And the slavery thing is reminding me of this other debate I watched months ago between two trans women (well Naomi is non-binary I think she sort of identifies as a trans woman too? But maybe just non-binary,) only the trans woman (I forget her name,) is worse at subtlety for lack of a better word:

They also have the same haircut actually lol (long and very straight.)

There are timestamps so it's the slavery apologia section where they start talking about that. About 58 minutes into the video.

Anyway, it was a really weird tangent in the trans video because she seemed to conclude slavery was only wrong because 'we're not in that time period now' and that whole tangent started because Naomi (the YouTuber) asked her if she believed that whatever is normal is morally right and correct after she expressed her issues with non-binary people and that we shouldn't teach kids about non-binary people because most people are men and women. Then she said that 'we shouldn't be making the majority of the world transgender' even though that isn't the point. But Naomi decides to ask her why not (I guess to get to the root of her issues because there's a lot of self hatred there.) and she said that we shouldn't do that because 'it's not normal' then said if you're trans and OK with that instead of wishing you were cisgender than you're an attention seeker and (well she said a lot of dumb stuff honestly but it's been a few months and it's a 3 hour debate so I'm not going over it all.)

But anyway her answer to that question 'do you believe whatever is normal is morally right and correct' was 'yeah like most people.' (So she thinks what is normal is good.) So Naomi brought up slavery like 'if we go back a couple hundred years it was pretty normal to own slaves is that right or correct?' And instead of answering the question the trans woman just pointed out that a lot of black people participated in the slave trade themselves, and then started talking about how some black people probably enjoyed being slaves because of how they were raised citing some Matt Walsh video on the topic...... Lol....

But yeah essentially she concedes the ad populum fallacy isn't a great argument (or rather she switches to 'trans people make up less of the population than gay people' and apparently the difference in size between those two minority groups is enough to argue against education/support or something I dunno lol and also she has issues with surgery, pronouns and what she calls 'changing your entire identity' given how basic pronouns are compared to being gay that's an odd argument.) Anyway that video was crazy in general but justpearlythings just reminded me of her suddenly lol.

And yeah as pointed out in the Aba N Preach video things like Stockholm syndrome exist, a group of people in Iceland were once convinced by police to confess to a murder they didn't commit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...ik_confessions

I've read some other horrifying stories I don't want to go into... Just the incredibly conflicted feelings some people have and express about certain things. This guy who was drugged and raped by another guy that case was particularly horrifying to read about honestly.

It's not a great argument for erasing people's liberty. 'Oh you can gaslight people into not hating you' and I don't think most of the people arguing this want to bring slavery back I think they're doing it because they feel guilt they want to absolve but also sometimes probably to be contrarian.

Nothing is more important than debating whether or not you can talk about whether slaves were actually happy. For some reason. Of course you can say it on at least some platforms as evidenced by all the people saying this publicly.

'You can't talk about this' She says as I can hear all her opinions from all the way here in the UK and Piers Morgan talked to her on his show Piers Morgan Uncensored.

Piers Morgan Uncensored is a television programme presented by Piers Morgan.[2] It has been broadcast on TalkTV weeknights at 8 pm in the UK since 25 April 2022.[3] It is also broadcast internationally by Sky News Australia in Australia and Fox Nation in the United States, which are both owned by subsidiaries or affiliates of TalkTV's parent company News Corp (News Corp Australia and Fox Corporation).[4]
    But then people dislike you because they don't trust you and they shouldn't trust you.

1. They don't know you

2. You don't live by any of the values you keep preaching

3. You said women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Also her reason for why that right should be removed is really dumb lol. Most people who argue this point usually do it because 'women are emotional and they always vote left wing and I'm right wing and they should agree with me >:[' which isn't convincing but is just basic authoritarianism but in her case she argues because at the time 5% of women wanted the right to vote (allegedly, I don't know where she's getting that info from.)

Do note that although she isn't arguing that black people should be slaves in the same way she is arguing that women shouldn't be allowed to vote, she brings up the same point about how she was reading stuff about black people and most of them 'didn't say anything bad about their slave owner' it's possible she's pushing the overton window as far as she thinks she can get away with and she has no issue talking about how she wants to remove the right to vote from women (she thinks she's immune to criticism because she is a woman,) but she is wary with Ethan when talking about race.

She says back when women didn't have the right to vote most people were married. Now they're not married which is bad... For some reason? LMAO.

SHE'S STILL NOT MARRIED.

Also I did previously watch more of that interview with Piers Morgan and I think she also argued that another reason women shouldn't be allowed to vote is because they don't do certain male jobs. But I went into all that in another post lol. She ignores that a lot of men also didn't have the right to vote at a certain point in time, and also don't do those jobs today and can still vote. Most homeless people are men and they have no job whatsoever but tbf she probably thinks homeless people should be slaves well you're in luck if so because some people from Bedfordshire had the same idea about homeless people in the modern UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-17811846

Luton Crown Court heard the man was living in a hotel early last year when he was stopped by two travellers in London and offered an ?80-a-day job.

He said he was taken to a Bedfordshire traveller site, made to perform hard labour and never paid a penny.

Seven people from one family deny servitude and forced labour charges.

The accused are: James John Connors (Big Jim), 34; Johnny Connors, 28; Tommy Connors (Junior), 26; James (Jimmy) Connors, 24; Patrick Connors, 20; Josie Connors, 30; and Tommy Connors (senior), 52.

The court heard police found men living in squalor at the Green Acres caravan park in Bedfordshire last September. The charges relate to eight alleged victims.

Jurors were told the alleged victim was among dozens of homeless people, alcoholics and drug addicts controlled, exploited, verbally abused and beaten by seven members of the Connors family for financial gain.
    (and in general slavery is still an ongoing problem.)

4. You've claimed to be a fan of Andrew Tate (who coincidentally has been charged with Human trafficking,) while pretending to be a traditionalist who once again isn't married and without kids. Uh perhaps you can compartmentalise but I notice most actual conservatives can't really. Most famously lol (but he is quiet neurotic tbf):

Pimps Electronic and otherwise Are the lowest form of life
    Most others tried to be 'cooler' about it but you can tell he was really bothering them. He doesn't bother Candace Owens but she's also someone who did a complete 180 of all ideological beliefs in 2015? and no I don't trust people who do that I think they are mostly grifting etc.

Degree180 and anti-conservative blog
    In 2015, Owens was CEO of Degree180, a marketing agency that offered consultation, production, and planning services.[11][5] In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site, she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-shit-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party"; she also added that "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY."[11][20][21][22]
    A YouTube commenter:

I don't like Candace Owens. I think if I were a woman, I would hate her guts.
    I don't tend to use the word hate but I do want to punch her in the face and since she seems OK with violence towards trans people I think it's fine for me to admit that.

OK then Candace.

Candace Owens: "It's very obvious trans trans people hate women that they are misogynists at their core."

Candace Owens: "Everything wrong in society is caused by women."

Candace Owens: "Can you name one objective thing that has gotten better in American society since women were given the right to vote?"

what a bitch (I hate it when there's like a perfection reaction meme thing that's in a video but it's not popular enough that anyone has clipped it lol. Also though this show is great. Candace wouldn't pretend to approve. Not that I believe she has any real values.)

Don't worry Candace eventually virtual reality technology will be so great you can just live out your weird ultraretro larp raceplay fantasy of subjugation in peace. And I will be a shapeshifting rockstar/musician + author who is overflowing with ideas and motivation with my androgynous university librarian witch girl/boyfriend who likes gardening who looks like this atm:

I think maybe s/he teaches literature or something at a university. Or history. S/he has a music studio in her attic.

and we have a pet cat, and possibly some kids.

We all have dreams(oh my god again nobody has cut him saying we all have dreams but they did cut him saying dreams don't come true which is also true):

Also lol:

5. This is a great song:

I once heard someone say that they thought psychopaths were people who treated their ingroup like their outgroups. I don't know what evidence they based that on and psychopath is kind of a loose term really for certain personality traits...

I once heard a psychologist describe a psychopath as a person who treats their ingroup the same way that normal people treat their outgroup.
    That's not helpful lol. Yes we've all heard that apparently.

Anyway I found this:

https://www.robkhenderson.com/p/the-...man-aggression

People prone to proactive aggression show reduced emotional sensitivity, less empathy for their victims, and less remorse over their actions.

Interestingly, this is how psychopaths behave. Most humans aren't psychopaths. At least not to their own group members. To outsiders, though, humans can be astoundingly cruel.

I once heard a psychologist describe a psychopath as a person who treats their ingroup the same way that normal people treat their outgroup.

Proactive aggression is typically used against members of outgroups.

Proactive aggression is marked by the presence of a deliberate plan and an absence of emotion at the time of assault.
    But it's interesting. Because that is what she's doing lol.

Edit: Also ftr from a global and historical perspective sufficiently feminine males and third gender people have always been considered part of the female ingroup. So it's not at all weird for non 'psychopathic' or non-traumatised women to defend/promote trans women though people will disagree on the borders and various stuff. Though it can be annoying for trans men to be lumped into that group but they still often are. I actually find it infuriating when men argue that trans women are women because they can be fucked but trans men can't be men because they don't have a dick (and yes I've encountered multiple male chasers of trans women with this viewpoint. One of whom was dating a trans guy and the trans guy was the first person I think they dated who wasn't a transsexual woman and the trans guy I think later detransistioned and half the people there were praising her incredibly regressive and fucked in the head boyfriend for like 'being traditional' and leading her in the 'right direction.' Well I did say it infuriates me. As far as I'm concerned that's basically transphobic rape + conversion therapy. And also very misogynistic. But It's almost admirable in that that viewpoint has essentially everything that bothers me rolled into one like you've pissed off my male identity, you've pissed off my female identity. Impressive but [BEEP] you.) It's not really been the norm in the West until recently but the West is quite unusual and mostly encouraged LGBT+ people to join various churches especially lesbians joining convents (because androgynous and homosexual people are generally pushed towards spiritual or creative roles,) and then that collapsed gradually and now you have basic Human culture again which people who follow the Abrahamic religions and some psychopaths hate. Evidently.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I haven't watched a movie since *looks at letterboxd* March 28. Wow. I didn't think it was that long ago. I wanted to watch The Whale as I'm a big fan of Darren Aronofsky and have seen all of his films, but I never did (I will eventually). I guess I kind of lost interest in movies. I used to spend hours combing through lists trying to find mindfuck or weird movies. I still have quite a bit of movies in my watchlist. I wonder if part of it is that I used to watch movies with my ex, so it's weird watching them alone now. I also don't feel comfortable watching movies with my parents as our interests are way different. They wouldn't enjoy my kind of movies.

edit:

I was watching a clip of a bike race and it made me think about how weird it is that in sports we celebrate someone being "better" at something than somebody else. That seems kind of toxic to me. So what if somebody is better? Why do people celebrate it? People are weird. lol. I guess people have nothing better to do. I mean, a big part of society is built on people being considered better than other people. From morality, politics to religion. There's got to be more to life than that. lol. That's massively boring. WE'RE EQUAL, DAMMIT!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The time we live in is just so surreal. I just can't get over the vote thing in particular. Like how are people with increasingly casualness just like 'oh yeah we should stop women being allowed to vote.' It started several years ago I think with Peter Thiel.

I kind of expect this behaviour from bitter resentful men. I've come across lots of guys like that online for like a decade because there's often a lot of vulnerable narcissists on anxiety websites and generally emotionally unstable people.

But now it's apparently just a topic we have to entertain on mainstream TV. You are dragging us back 100 years.

And it's kind of insane that Andrew Tate has gained any significant following. I guess in his case at least it's mostly because they're young and stupid boys and he was semi-famous before because he was on a reality TV show (though I'd never heard of him.) Someone suggested he's a CIA psyop because his dad worked for the CIA but the conspiracy theories aren't really useful.

(Yah) Mongrel blood is deeper, drownin' with no culture
    Some boys think they're predators when they're really vultures
    Hell is bubblin' over, tell me can you smell the sulfur?

The second line kind of reminded me of him.

I'm really curious if this approach is going to work out for her longterm. I ended up watching another video about her on that other channel I was watching and found she kept getting dumped by guys and started seeing a therapist because she still wasn't married and said she wanted to be within the next several years. Which makes me think it probably is a dating strategy/annoyance with society because she hasn't been able to get married at this point. She's not actually bad looking (not overstating it but I mean I've seen women who look like her get married etc often in conservative/religious environments,) so it's absolutely something she's doing behaviourally + not in the right environment.

Conservative men prefer women who aren't involved in politics and are actually living traditionally so that doesn't apply to her, but sometimes they'll go for attractive liberal/left wing women if they don't have complete contempt for them. Like Shoeonhead is dating a conservative guy and lots of guys across the political spectrum seem to have 'I can fix her' type fantasies about her lol.. Her politics are a bit all over the place really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQxOcLhi_s

Oh this video's age restricted. She was reading 'insane simp comments' while high smoking weed for 4/20.

But Pearl isn't really going after conservative guys with her content she's going after dark triad guys. They like to play games and she's not offering a challenge (they also often don't commit long term if you're looking for that.) Like thinking about Curtis Yarvin and his ex-fiance (this quote basically sums it up) I am removing her name just cause I don't think she wants to be associated with him now on the internet. Obviously it's easy enough to find digging but whatever I'm more interested in highlighting the dynamic and well Curtis Yarvin was the first person to actually use the red pill as a term in a political context ironically:

Curtis Yarvin (also known by his blogging pen name Mencius Moldbug) and [redacted], the sex educator and editor of progressive magazine [redacted]. [redacted] has another online life as feminist BDSM and polyamory practitioner and writer, [redacted pen name.] They met when the recently widowed Yarvin advertised online for "reasonably pretty and pretty smart" women for Zoom dates--but wanted response only from those who consider dating a prelude to marriage and kids. [redacted], the feminist polyamory and BDSM advocate, responded and the rest is history.
    She also apparently published a book on PUA's before.

They ended up breaking up I guess in part because of all the online discussion about it. She wrote a blog post about that and basically said that he suggested they have a kid straight away and then proposed, which she accepted even though they'd already broken up twice before then and as she said it was a rapid escalation (others pointed that out to her too,) and she says she occasionally feels confused about why she made certain decisions or engaged in certain behaviours.

I just noticed that she tweeted about having issues with dark triad guys recently too though it's not necessarily about him. I do think of him as highly machivalean though. But he also stayed married to his previous wife for many years until her death so he's not incapable of commitment. Probably was a rebound thing.

There are lots of guys who are agreeing with Pearl, but not many thirst posts. Lots of guys from across the political spectrum who are not a fan of her tactics or dating history for different reasons.

Now she's singing about Jewish people and Hitler as you do:

Was she inspired by this?

What are people doing?

I can't say this is super effective but she is quite famous and with enough reach lots of people can manage to find someone. 🤔 So we'll see.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.