Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I graduate in May!...I need to be applying for jobs!

I will be graduating college in just a few months....yay! It's only taken me 11 years to finish a bachelor's degree after stopping and starting on 3 or 4 occasions. A lot of that was due to anxiety and depression. But after going to therapy and really thinking about where my life was headed and what I wanted, I finally went back to college as a full-time student last fall.

Now, it's time for me to start applying and interviewing for jobs. While I think that I can handle it, part of me is terrified. I need to get a resume together and really start actively looking. But I'm still unsure of what I would like to do career wise even though graduation is rapidly approaching.

I think I keep putting off getting everything together because I know it is going to cause me (well, I will cause myself) a great deal of stress and anxiety over it. There are offices at the college that can help me prepare for interviews and help me with my resume, but I find asking for help embarrassing. I know what I need to do, it's just taking that first step and really committing to it that's so hard to do.

Advice? Suggestions?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Congratulations! I would definitely go get the college help for resumes and interviews though because a resume can be the difference in getting a job. My son and adopted daughter couldn't find a job, so when I asked to see their resume and we worked it to better represent their skills, the first interview after they redid it, they got the job. In other words, these people may help you find the way to sell yourself which is what the resume does. And actually most colleges should have a job placement program also where they help you get interviews. I mean it was their job to teach you the skills needed to get out in the world, so they should have some program that helps you take the next step. My son's college had 100% job placement, so you might want to ask about that also.

Anyway, you're going to make it. Just don't think about it and it will somehow happen.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There are offices at the college that can help me prepare for interviews and help me with my resume, but I find asking for help embarrassing. I know what I need to do, it's just taking that first step and really committing to it that's so hard to do.
    Lots of people use those services, no need to be embarrassed. If you already know what to do, great. Practice can't hurt,though.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.