Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avoiding answering the door??

Who don't like answering the door to the postman or in fact anyone? When the door bell rings, I'm scared to death.I almost go into a panic attack, I have shortness of breath and my heart beat races and tons of fear. As, I have no friends, so the person at the door is usually a saleman or someone asking for money and i'm really bad about saying "no" politley and I don't know how to handle people who are hard sell except for i feel like kicking their butt. I think this is because i am so shy and have a hard time sticking up for myself and lack social skills to deal with it civilly.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, I never answer the door. Either my parents do, or I ignore it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Same here!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My anxiety spikes when I have to answer the door to a sells persons, and have to say not interested.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always used to hide every time the door rang when I was little. I avoid answering unless I know I'm expecting something.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My mum orders a billion things online so we're always getting deliveries. I usually ignore them and they get left at the post office to be picked up. Random / surprise visits make me flustered. I think it's extremely rude when people just drop by in general. A few times friends (when I had some) have done that and I pretended I was out because I couldn't face them without preparation.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    never answer it myself ever ! it goes un-anwsered

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate answering it, but sometimes I have to.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yes. I kinda hide somewhere for several momments, going "please don't see me please don't see me..."

Thats on my worse anxiety days =/

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yes. I kinda hide somewhere for several momments, going "please don't see me please don't see me..."

Thats on my worse anxiety days =/
    Blessed Be, in both Light and Darkness.
    ♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use to be the same way but it does get better

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd never answer the door for anyone other than a very short list of friends and family, that's how you get abducted.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like to answer the door. I hate the feeling of the unknown, even if I'm sure of the person behind the door. Plus, whenever the door bell rings I always happen to be in unflattering pajamas.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never answer the door unless I am expecting someone. I mean, I'm hardly ever in the house anyway, I work long days so by the time I get home, things have usually quietened down. But if someone knocks, I tend to hide in the back of the house and hope they go away.

It comes from living in a house that had problems with bailiffs for a while (not my bailiffs, they were after a previous resident!) but they used to knock at all hours of the day and night, trying to get money or goods, and wouldn't take no for an answer when I used to tell them through the letterbox that I wasn't the person they were looking for, and would keep knocking for up to an hour.

I never answer the phone either, unless I know the number that comes up on caller-ID and I know it's a friend or family. If a call is "withheld" or "unavailable" they don't get answered. I mean, why bother?

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had guys from the Salvation Army coming over with a truck to take our sofa, chair, and cedar chest away the other day. I made my boyfriend come home early from work so he would be there too. (I'm 44 yo, btw). That way i don't have to converse much with them. I am a nervous wreck before they come too.

I don't like people coming over. It feels a little invasive. I'd rather go to see them. But in this case, I'm old with a bad back and can't carry heavy furniture around!

Next Monday our new furniture is coming, and again, I scheduled it for before my boyfriend leaves.

Oh yes, I rarely answer the phone too. It's a little like being caught off guard. But most of the time it's just a telemarketer anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.