Baking soda is a chemical compound that appears as a fine powder. It releases bubbles of carbon dioxide when it interacts with an acid and a liquid. It’s most commonly used in baking, where it acts as a leavening agent. The following are 75 other uses for baking soda aside from making muffins soft and fluffy.
12. Freshen your mouth by gargling half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed water.
13. Relieve canker sore pain by using it as mouthwash.
17. Unblock stuffy nose by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to your vaporizer.
18. Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon to the water in the vase.
25. Wipe your windshield with it to repel rain.
31. Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies.
32. Sweeten your tomatoes by sprinkling baking soda on the soil around your tomato plants.
36. Wash fruits and vegetables with it.
40. Make a sports drink by mixing it with boiled water, salt, and Kool-Aid.