1. Once you have reached say lv 5, you cannot go downwards (anxiety cannot get worse).
2. Only failed exposures will make you go backward.
3. after an exposure the thing you were afraid of becomes dramatically easier.
4. You can go slowly up a metaphorical ladder and be rid of SA. This ladder wont have any holes in it.
5. if you have done and completed exposure therapy for ie saying hi to people, you will not have to redo the exposure therapy again.
6. Once you have done exposure therapy for a while, and you have gotten used to the concept, it becomes easier.
The truth? In my experience, it doesn't get better. And honestly this false belief has made things worse. The exposures do get worse for each level and they do knock me into a state where im too anxious to do anything and I feel scared to leave the house. Is it worth it? It all depends on whether you pick yourself up again each time.