Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Gilligan!!! I'm confused!!

I've just finished watching all 3 seasons of Gilligan's Island for the 9th time. If people can canoe to their island, why can't they build a raft and go to another island? Is it just because they don't know where they are? I mean, they are able to make bathtubs, huts, cars (yes, they have a car), but they can't seem to build something seaworthy enough to bring them off the island.

And it was a 3 hour tour. They have a gazillion things such as clothes, accessories. I do remember that in one episode, a crate washed ashore that had old movie stuff. Maybe every single thing they need such as electrodes, pulleys, and other metal gadgets was in that crate. Season 3 just had way too much nuclear reactors that were made out of coconuts.

As horrific as it is to make this statement, "I just don't think I believe Gilligan's Island can be real anymore."
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If you watch it from season to season, you'll notice things 'wash up on shore' and they start gaining things, that way. ...The 5 passengers were originally en-route to a remote Hawaiian club resort I believe they explained that in one of the first episodes. It explains why they have so much things. If you notice the Howell's were the only one's to bring that many items and the cast tend to use their things, a lot... (stereotypical rich personal needing everything even on a small trip). They also took apart the ship they came on, to build things when they figured out it was not fixable.

My uncle used to tell me things up to season 3, you had to of been in that time period to understand, and have the feel for the show and some of the crazy inventions they came up with the coconuts. (I have watched all 98?) episodes
    Blessed Be, in both Light and Darkness.
    ♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That makes sense if they were going to a resort. By jove, I think you've cleared up my, "hey wait.........." comments.

See whenever I question these things my kids would always say, "Mom! It's only a TV show!"

They also said that when I'd ask, "Where do they park those big things" on Power Rangers. It's not like you can find a garage for a big ship like that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While we're at it, how does SpongeBob have a campfire - isn't he under the sea?
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    Yeah, I'm beginning to believe that might not be a reality show either. Very suspicious.

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what I want to know? How does Jim Rockford get to have a Firebird and live on the beach if he makes so little money as a PI?

Also, on the Big Bang Theory--how can dumb waitress Penny afford an apartment by herself while a physicist and another scientist have to share one across the hall, and a space guy still lives at home with his mother?

And I'm having a memory problem--does anyone know who shot JR in the 1980s?

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    Yeah, and yet the girl squirrel still has to wear that helmet for air to breathe.....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote pam View Post
    You know what I want to know? How does Jim Rockford get to have a Firebird and live on the beach if he makes so little money as a PI?
    Delivers pizza in his spare time

Quote pam View Post
    Also, on the Big Bang Theory--how can dumb waitress Penny afford an apartment by herself while a physicist and another scientist have to share one across the hall, and a space guy still lives at home with his mother?
    Maybe people who eat a lot of cheesecake are great tippers?

Quote pam View Post
    And I'm having a memory problem--does anyone know who shot JR in the 1980s?
    I don't remember either.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.