Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this a panic attack or just upset?

I don't know. I had a fight with my older brother today and he got up in my face threatening to hit me and pushing me and he kicked me out. When I went upstairs to get changed (this was in the morning so I was dressed) and I don't know if it was because I was crying or what but I couldn't breathe and I was really hot. I kept choking/gagging as if I needed to be sick. It just scared me. This type of feeling has only happened once before at random whilst I was at work.
    “You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It may have been a panic attack hun - what made him get that way towards you, it doesn't sound right x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I get irritated easy so I snapped at him which resulted in the above. I'm not an easy person to live with, with all my 'problems'. he's not normally like that x

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    maybe it was, I've been in fights with my brother without choking up afterwards

when I get a panic attack I usually feel like I can't breathe and a feeling that I am dying or going to die

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds like you had a lot of anxiety, panic attack or not. Those symptoms are manifestations of the anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Could have been a panic attack, when I get them I struggle to breathe and it feels as though I'm going to die. I've heard of people choking and gagging when they have them too. So it could have been.

Whatever it was, it sounds horrible.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could have been a panic attack, yes. Could have been a feeling resulting from the fight you had. When we get cross or angry or feel under threat there's a shift in our body chemistry. In short: you may have had a bad reaction to one of the hormones/chemicals stirred up by fighting with your brother.

If you feel unwell as a result of this, see your doctor. Far too many people wait and don't check things out with their doctors

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely a panic attack. I get these a lot when my anxiety gets REALLY cranked up. When I was in high school, I got them all the time. I actually had to carry a paper bag with me. I have also gotten them when I got really stressed out at work and had people breathing down my neck.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.