Common brand names: Valium, Antenex and Diastat.
Valium is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat the following disorders:
- Anxiety disorder
- Symptoms of anxiety (short-term)
- Acute alcohol withdrawal
- Skeletal muscle spasm due to reflex spasms
- Spasticity caused by upper motor neuron disorder
- Convulsive disorder (adjunctive)
- Pre-operative anxiety (injection only)
- Initial treatment of status epilepticus (injection only)
In addition it is commonly used 'off-label' (which means that it is not formally approved by the US FDA but has shown good anecdotal efficacy in treating the disorder) for the following disorders:
- Panic Disorder
- withdrawal from other benzodiazepines
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.