Page 160 of 170 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2544
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

she doesn't sound like anything. she's a complete original. she's perfection.
    Lol we like her but she's far from perfection.If u want perfection listen to the Beatles to Pink Floyd to the giant prog rockers Rush

edit: She went solo after her third album too (the song they left that comment on was her fifth,) and she's a multi instrumentalist. Rush are as well, but they're juggling less instruments then she generally is. I don't think it's a particularly fair or necessary comparison.

The song they're commenting on is from this album (which is her most commercially successful):

PJ Harvey vocals, guitar (1, 3, 5, 11), bass (1), keyboards (3, 4, 8, 10), piano (12), djembe (12), maracas (6), e-bow (12), producer, engineer
    Rob Ellis drums (2, 3, 6-12), piano (2, 3, 7, 11, 12), tambourine (1, 8, 10), synthesizer (2), keyboards (12), bells (12), harpsichord (1), electric piano (2), vibraphone (4), background vocals (11, 12), producer
    Mick Harvey organ (12), bass (24, 6-12), drums (1, 4), percussion (3), harmonium (1), keyboards (7, 9, 10), accordion (4), background vocals (11, 12), producer
    Guest musicians

Thom Yorke vocals (4, 5, 7), keyboards (4)

Production
    Victor Van Vugt engineer, mixing (1?11)
    Head engineer, mixing (12)
    Howie Weinberg mastering
    Rush's most commercially successfully album was Moving Pictures:

Geddy Lee bass guitars, keyboards, bass pedals, vocals
    Alex Lifeson 6- and 12-string electric and acoustic guitars, Moog Taurus pedals
    Neil Peart drums, timbales, gong, orchestra bells, glockenspiel, wind chimes, bell tree, crotales, cowbell, plywood
    Additional musician

Hugh Syme synthesizer (on "Witch Hunt")
    Production

Rush production, arrangements
    Terry Brown production, arrangements
    Paul Northfield engineering
    Robbie Whelan assistant engineering
    Albert, Huey, Dewey, Louie computerized companions
    Peter Jensen digital mastering, editing
    Bob Ludwig mastering and remastering
    Hugh Syme ? art direction, graphics, cover concept
    Deborah Samuel photography

People often seem to comment that 2112 was their best album though from what I've noticed:

Rush Geddy Lee vocals, bass
    Alex Lifeson guitar
    Neil Peart drums, percussion

Additional musician
    Hugh Syme ARP Odyssey synthesizer, synth guitar, Mellotron on "Tears"

Production
    Rush production, arrangement
    Terry Brown arrangement, production, recording, engineering, mixing
    Brian Lee mastering
    Bob Ludwig mastering
    Hugh Syme graphics
    Yosh Inouye photography
    Gerard Gentil photography (band)
    Ray Danniels management
    Vic Wilson management
    Moon Records executive production
    I've heard a couple of Beatles tracks but I never really felt compelled to check them out and wasn't massively drawn in by their music. Another Brick In The Wall, Part Two by Pink Floyd was one of my favourite music tracks when I was 9/10 or something. All these bands are talented but are you going to bring up Mozart next you know what I mean? 'This isn't Mozart.' Who cares?

"This isn't Dark Side of The Moon"

OK Bye. Lol. I can see it happening. Actually Breathing was inspired by side three of The Wall. I don't know if that would make them shut up or not lol.

"This is my favourite musician."

"No you're wrong."

Why? Also those bands they listed are good (well people like The Beatles I don't really listen to them lol,) do you think this is a good way to introduce people to them?

It's like Abby Shapiro reacting to people who find men in dresses attractive.

'Harry Style in a dress is just my type. He looks so handsome. He looks so great. No. Incorrect.' (and you know she knows what she's saying is bs lol because she laughs.)

lol:

I'm actually not that big a fan this just annoys me in general.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Speaking of Rush though I just discovered there's a version of 2112 with a bunch of performances by other artists including Steven Wilson and Billy Talent. Billy Talent were one of my favourite bands as a teenager lol. I liked their first two albums, mostly their first a lot. So I guess it's more accurate to say they made one of my favourite albums. Their music is very different (post-hardcore/pop punk but I guess they're fans and also Canadian.)

The River Below track was the first I heard, I liked it a lot because edgy teenager lol. Not linking that track though.

Still so good. Such a great album.

Don't listen to their second album much though but this is a pretty great song:

It was a less heavy album I think, and I prefer their heavier music.

Drummer not even close to Peart and the song starts of bland as well as the tones. I like the pre/ chorus section a bit better but thge verse was boring. Got much better as it went but kids are stuck on this metronome feel when they play and sing and music shouldnt be this stiff. I dont like music that sticks to a grid and thats what kids have lost and what bugs me about new music. GUYS LOSEN UP AND ITS NOT BETTER WHEN YOURE A ROBOT. Did video games cause music to sound this way??? Its sounds like sht im sorry its not good this way. LOSEN UP. Just my opinion so please dont get triggered and ifd you guys are moved by thats all that matters. When i play music i dont count i just play for what sounds right to me, not saying that what i play always comes out that way lol I know when im on though or when im just sounding plain off but thats the risk when youre free and this to me does not sound free.

No, OK. This comment is actually funny. 'Did video games cause music to sound this way???' Might be one of the funniest music comments I've ever read. It almost makes me want to start a YouTube series where I react to funny music comments...

I like it. His best vocal work though (and it's not the strongest feature of his music anyway,) is on this live performance of Raider II that I've pointed out seventy two times probably now from 17:37ish to 19:33ish:

Sounds better than on the studio recording lol.

Also Steven Wilson is 55 hahaha how old is this guy? Did the 'growing up with video games' that didn't really take off properly until the 90s when I was a kid effect his development when he was 25-30ish?

OH MY GOD I ALMOST FORGOT.

Is this supposed to be funny? Is this supposed to be entertaining? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm getting too old, or kids just have a sense of humour I'm not getting. This just looks like a substantial waste of time, and quite frankly a bit idiotic on the part of the creator. Sorry.
    That's actually a copypasta though.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The video game generation haha (aged about 21-34 I think):

Sampling the Lavender Town theme was the best idea though.

Runescape music is actually copyright free I think. At least you can use it for whatever you want. Some actor in the sitcom Abbots Elementary brought up Runescape randomly here lol:

https://youtu.be/QPJ2DPRnDAg?t=223

I want a beat that sounds like 'Runescape mixed with Jodeci, mixed with Almond milk mixed with domestic violence. [...] Make me a pro-lifer beat.'
    The actual soundtrack has a lot of great music. I always liked this track:

This is much newer and also a great quest:

lmao:

Only has 973 views.

No I was looking for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOIUiAqFnY

Big influence on vaporwave and other online microgenres including samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79yb5zY21Fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMzbeR-qiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYfWXz20Qso

I think hyperpop probably was influenced by video game music a bit (especially Japanese video games,) and a lot of modern electronic music is. Also anime. Video games (as the subject matter itself,) and the internet.

I?m not very good at cooperating with others, so I didn?t think I?d do well in a band. Being in a band was one of my aspirations, and in high school I joined the music club, but there were so many members who were really energetic and outgoing, which intimidated me. But I wanted to make music, and I wanted it to be quality music, so I did some searches online and found out about producing your own music. I watched videos on YouTube explaining how to do it, and I thought ?Writing music this way is almost like playing a video game.? Right around then, smartphones started supporting GarageBand. In my first year of high school, I created a song and I thought, ?Wow, I didn?t expect it to be so easy to produce something that sounds good.?
    Sheogorath album lol:

I do actually like Young Scrolls lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZXPx1kdtg

This is actual video game music so yeah:

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    ^ My favourite soundtracks are probably the Oblivion and Skyrim soundtracks, WoW, Medievil (playstation game,) and Binding of Isaac.

The original Sims video game had some really great improvised piano pieces:

But this has been mostly overlooked I think, because it's The Sims.

Oh and the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack is really great too.

Also always liked this cause nostalgia hah:

Actually Stewart Copeland from The Police created the soundtrack and I think worked on the soundtrack for most or all Spyro games.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Wait is Nicki just reppin London now lol?

I, be eatin' my spinach, they tried to clone my image, they burnt their London bridges. None of these bitches British. I know they know the difference.
    Well Nicki.

Just switches to English accent lol.

In the hood I'm like Princess Diana
    is one of the sentences of all time though.

I guess she's done this before:

I was born in London in my past life, no one can tell me any different. I probably was like a Queen in London, I was probably the people?s queen that fought for lives?
    OK then lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfLIDO_9Nk

The UK sold that bridge and Tower bridge is the cool one guys.

This remix is insanely good though:

Proof that loud, distorted guitars and hard drumming will make me listen to (and like) everything.
    I love you, bliix.
    People think it's a stretch lol but it's not really. She wanted to go into rock in the first place supposedly and although this track isn't the best example her voice was always better suited to rock. Can hear that here timestamp. Her voice is pretty powerful Here as well kinda like Christina
    Aguilera. You see She also did a rock track.(Also the music video director is one of my favourites also worked on Tourniquet and Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson lol.)

There's lots of voices where it really wouldn't have worked as well for rock/metal remixes though. The weird integration of her voice with the other music is why they were more interesting to me back in the day than most mainstream hip hop. Assume that's why they approached her in the first place. When she went solo though she really should have moved into rock which was her original intent especially given the time period but oh well. Yeah I'm still waiting for her rock comeback. 💀 ⚰️

London being extra:

It's a lot more political.

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

No way are they still on this (the Britney Vs Christina thing,) IT'S 2023.

Trust me you don't know how huge this was when it came out. She was ahead of her time. Will be fresh forever.
    How come when she just follows britneys footstep in breaking out from her innocent image
    This was basically Britney?s 2001 album except Britney?s is better imo. This song still slaps
    except aguilera's voice is 10 times better than spear's
    christina aguilera got rid off of her innocent image with Lady Marmalade! Which was before britney.
    girl pls now you?re just trying to talk. Britney outsold

Nobody can deny Christina and Britney just had it in their time. Beautiful, voices, great videos, amazing bodies. They ruled.
    Christina had a great voice britnany NO come on, I give britney props for her low cut jeans and various other fashion choices though, girls were sexy back then because of her influnce.
    IT IS 2023.

You're all missing the point anyway. Consider

No but I was really into Shania Twain randomly when I was in primary school.

Also:

My memory is too bad to remember a lot of songs I actually listened to back then and that played a lot.. I really liked the album August and Everything After because my dad would listen to that. Also a bunch of Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs. He also listened to Alanis Morissette and Nirvana. Otherwise mostly 70s music.

This track is super nostalgic (because I also barely ever listen to them these days):

I'M ALMOST DROWNING IN HER SEA

That whole album is great.

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The production (Inflo) is always really great and this is hitting it out of the park again.

I don't know why she's so underrated. She's like on par with Kendrick Lamar when it comes to talent. And I'd be dying to hear a collab between the two
    I think it might be down to Little Simz's monotone delivery, which lacks intonation. (If you compare her style to Kendrick Lamar, or Rapsody on the track Power, the difference is clear.)

I think if Simz thinks of her voice as an instrument ? maybe consider acting lessons to bring out her range ? her overall package will be on par with K. Dot.
    Agree honestly because the production is top tier it's making this stand out more imo as well. But what she's doing is interesting. There's a kind of vibe on X that's reminding me of Labrinth's track Forever:

I love this track so much. I watched one episode of Euphoria, didn't continue with it (it's been known to happen,) also saw a clip I think on YouTube at some point of this one scene. Went straight to YouTube 'got to find this track' lol.

It's hard to have the whole package though. Like I think Nicki is a great rapper the part from 0:31-0:46 is great (actually the whole first verse too really.)

Overshadows Kanye on Monster too as I said before.

Nicki changes accents, inflections, and attitude to fit her rhyme scheme better, it's actually genius. She's earned her place in the game.
    But is her music interesting? Eh. Not to me.

Although hip hop isn't my favourite genre anyway so picky and idiosyncratic with it. The stuff I like is not stuff that's going to appeal to core hiphop fans either probably.

Quite like Twin Cities Hip hop

Lizzo detour this is also good not hip hop lol:

Prince was from Minneapolis too right? Bit overpowered lol. (I know Lizzo wasn't from there originally but still.) Actually the only American I've known irl (teacher,) was from Minnesota not sure where though. He uh did not do so well since he somehow ended up in Luton lmao but he was one of my favourite teachers.

Aesop Rock:

Astronautalis:

etc.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

This is sure to be written off as "trolling" or being a "hater" (as if it's ten years ago), but this is. y genuine reaction to this release. The song's structure, texture, and notes sound like multiple other previous IAMX tunes. Video would be a viral comedy if Corey Feldman put it out. Looks just like his videos. And your pinned comment. Oh, so glad you deemed us worthy of a music video despite you debating it given the attention spans these days (you were always going to make one to promote the new album lol), so you flailed about and did the robot in front of some naturally pre-existing floral beauty and hired chicks willing to strip. Hitchens would be proud of such boundary-pushing work. Listen, I was (and am?) a fan, but I don't just join in with the chorus of mostly aesthetically-drawn fans here praising this. IAMX used to be music for musicians. Now people thumbs up this because they don't write songs themselves, lest they'd see how much you're just recycling at this point. I just want freshness and quality and for me, this is neither. Sorry.
    He gets this a lot since he started leaning into the sexual stuff more on this and the last album lol (in a more aggressive and messy way. Another example lol) And also doing livestream stuff that's more sexual/fan service/whatever. Also I'm pretty sure one of them is Janine Gezang for shame. It's really hard to say actually lol with all the mud etc but she's only in almost every video. Also plays keyboard live and does some backing vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciKkJaCGXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJi8fsqSoyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0MkotVIEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLmC2hSRwKM

Usually like some kind of creepy shadow figure/sleep paralysis demon. You didn't notice? Getting her hair shaved off/covered in paint lol:

...They've never been open about this but it seems like they are in some kind of relationship besides just profesional, but either way they're obviously very close. He was reported being in a relationship with Sue Denim they broke up a really long time ago and then nothing since then (since she joined IAMX.) Most of the other women he's worked with have been very open about relationships/marriages with other guys she again, never has, and they move around together everywhere (Sammi Doll has also been a member of his live band for years and she lives/moves all over the place in contrast,) she's in all his live YouTube videos with him (he's not great socially and she is kind of the manager so she does kind of need to be there for that kind of thing honestly lol but even so,) joking that she's very protective over his dick LOL when he was like 'I'm just giving the people what they want' and he's written several songs that really seem to be about her at least partly. The Void is most obvious, probably Bernadette (ironically she's not in that video lol,) Wildest Wind maybe, Mile Deep Hollow. I think he did mention her in an interview at some point about Metanoia tracks.

I dunno maybe it's not about her but he gives off the impression of being kind of hermit-like and doesn't seem to have a ton of people in his life for long periods of time. Even other musicians he's worked with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpZeU5KeK6w

I mean it's either that or he just likes singing to himself using the pronoun 'we' lol. It's possible he did write Song of Imaginary Beings from the pov of himself somewhat even though the lyrics are about a woman. Some people interpret some of the lyrics as being about fans as well but that seems weird lol.

RoD: You have worked with Kat Von D on this album. Are you satisfied with the result and cooperation with her?
    Chris: Very satisfied. She is a beautiful talented soul and her vocals melted effortlessly into the music. Plus Janine Gezang has a woman crush on her, so it works out well for everybody.
    what about the rest of the live band members? 😏 I'm just saying.

This is what they are referring to (yeah he always types in all caps for some reason.)

I HAVE RECENTLY QUESTIONED THE VALUE OF A VISUAL FOR A SONG DUE TO THE INSANE SPEED AND ATTENTION ISSUES OF THE MODERN WORLD.
    I DECIDED IT'S STILL WORTH THE ENERGY.
    I AM HUMBLED THAT, HERE AT IAMX HQ EVERYONE IS FULLY PRESENT, DEDICATED AND INVESTED IN SERVING THIS ART AND AUTHENTICALLY LIVING AN ALTERNATIVE LIFE IN MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FREEDOM.
    THIS VIDEO IS A DOCUMENT OF THAT FREEDOM.
    THE X ID IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MAJOR PART OF MY PERSONALITY. IT IS MY BRUTAL, PROVOCATIVE GENDER BENDING SCREAMING INNER DEMON, MY MAGNETIC SWAGGERING HEDONISTIC EGO, THE DEEPEST DARKEST BEAUTIFUL ME WHICH I AM ABLE TO LIVE OUT THROUGH THIS MUSIC. ON STAGE, IN VIDEOS, THROUGH MY COMMUNITY.
    OVER TIME I HAVE LEARNED TO EMBRACE, INHABIT AND WIELD THIS X ID. WITHOUT HESITATION OR GUILT.
    AND I SEE IT AS MY DUTY TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO EMBODY AND EXPRESS WHO THEY ARE.

I'M NOT GOING TO LAYOUT A DRONEY CONCEPT OR LIE THERES A STORY FOR THIS VIDEO. IT IS JUST US, THIS GROWING X COLLECTIVE HAVING VISCERAL FUN IN THE BOUNDLESS BEAUTY OF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SUPERBLOOM.
    ENJOY THE EYE CANDY.
    CCX
    It's very obvious here that the sexual themes are part of this person's issue lol otherwise why bring it up? At a certain point though most artists and musicians struggle to create stuff that feels new to people obviously. I don't think his music has changed that much album to album honestly with some exceptions.

That being said it's not my favourite IAMX song and it's probably not going to be my favourite off this new album. I like the lyrics.

IAMX is kind of pretentious at times though, but so is this commenter lol.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    I actually like some of their heavier songs a lot (big surprise hah,) and need to find more haha. I think this live performance is heavier than the actual studio recording:

WE ARE THE PRIESTS. OF THE TEMPLE.

Can you imagine if I was normal? What a concept.

Yeah 2112 is a great album.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The beginning of this video is so funny. I mean also very serious but also kind of funny. It's like kpop twitter.

Yeah this is what I meant about the English stuff apparently a lot of the accents are a couple of her alter egos lol:

One of Minaj's most well-known alter-egos is "a demon inside her" named Roman Zolanski (named after film director Roman Polanski with modified surname), Minaj's "twin brother", whose character she assumes when she is angry.[317]
    Zolanski is described as a homosexual male from London, England, characterized as being far more outspoken (and perhaps malicious) than Minaj herself.
    Roman has a mother, Martha Zolanski,[320] who appeared on "Roman's Revenge" with a British accent[321] and singing on "Roman Holiday" for the first time.[322][323] Martha appeared in the "Moment 4 Life" video as Minaj's apparent fairy godmother.[317]
    It's like pantomime but also rap lmao. This should have been a single really. Like her singles are often less interesting and stuff people want to dance to in clubs like from that album Starships. This is like the hiphop equivalent of Kate Bush you know lol.

Her other alter ego is Barbie so on Monster she's just playing both lol. There's a music video but it's really low quality in the one upload on YouTube. Someone had previously uploaded a clip of just her verse + video in higher quality but it's been removed I think. There's a short but it's cut off so not the whole verse:

I was trying to find this track for my other post because she has some great lines in this one but I couldn't remember the title. Thought it was her track LOL but she's just featured.

Edit: wait the barbz went after Tracy Chapman? Nooo lol.

Also yeah in terms of current things that have a female fanbase and that guys are automatically hating for that reason I don't know if Euphoria counts? (he brings that up.) I haven't seen much hatred.

To me the peak of that was definitely during the Justin Bieber Twilight era and I see less hate now but maybe that's because It's more common for young immature people to be that way and I'm not picking up on the circles doing that now. Tbh I never liked Justin Bieber though his music didn't really appeal (never liked most boy bands either. I've actually never heard a single One Direction song as far as I know and now as with Pewdiepie I'm personally challenging myself to never listen to them because most people must have heard a song and I'm weird like that sometimes. It's a competition!) and I think Justin Bieber is a bit of an asshole in his personal life anyway. But as with Twilight people got really insanely disproportionate with the hatred (like that clip of the guy who wanted to stab him he included in this video lol...) But then you also had the stories of people who were ridiculously obsessed and threatened people who didn't like it (I know I heard anecdotes about some Twilight fangirls. Like this one girl who threatened her sister with a shuriken or something crazy,) so it always ends up going in both directions lol.

This was very entertaining. I was building stuff in The Sims and wanted something to just listen to in the background that didn't require much attention so ended up listening to this at one point and they started talking about Twilight and you can feel the tension about it hahaha. Especially that one guy who read the books haahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. They're like 'why?'

I actually read all the books because I was bought them but never watched the films. I also liked vampires in general so thought I'd try it. And it's been a long time now but yeah they're... Weird. There's the whole ... thing in the last book which is weird and people seem to think is problematic but I appreciate that actually because they're vampire books come on. You have to have something a bit fucked up going on. A lot of unhealthy relationship dynamics and I felt that Bella was a very 2D character. They weren't boring and I read them all and I struggle to read fiction besides fanfiction so that's an endorsement really.

Then they start talking about how 50 Shades was Twilight fanfiction yeah but not only that 50 shades wouldn't exist without 9/11 that's even funnier. 9/11 > My Chemical Romance > Twilight > 50 Shades. I mean no she probably would have written Twilight anyway but she was listening to My Chemical Romance around the time.

He's talking about rumours that women who didn't like Nicki Minaj spread including:

"Nicki was secretly gay Nicki was secretly a man"

I just read she said she was bisexual? Apparently she is straight though and just said that. See I feel like most people say these things because they want it to be true haha. It's hard to imagine it as an insult. Oh she's a man? Based and non-binary pilled. Of course others disagree but yeah. People do it with anyone who is hard femme and has a gay fanbase though no? Same with Lady Gaga.

Most probably aren't aware of this lol but very early in her career she worked with Jeffree Star.

I don't rate this honestly.

In an alternate reality, Jeffree’s music career took off and he wasn’t as problematic. If only lmao
    LOL.

He just wasn't great he had a couple of songs that were OK like this one:

Jeffree is of course not based and non-binary pilled haha. Most people aren't. But he's been very two faced about that.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post

This is better though cause it's more subconscious:

Or because it gets really good musically after 1:30 and I always thought those facemasks were cool. But either way.

Oh yeah the white masks kind of remind me somehow of Drab Majesty's style too (and also the music in the Jazz Emu video somewhat.) I think because their aesthetic was inspired by statues.

Just remembering now and then that Noise of the Void is amazing:

The music video is also great and filmed by the sea lol. But it's rated 18+ on YouTube because some nudity so no point embedding.

You walked right into the web
    You could never talk with silence like this
    (It's the emptiness, the emptiness)
    You could never stop the violence like this
    (When sentience is sensing it)
    You could never walk with mileage like this
    (It's your willingness to ignorance)
    Listen to the noise of the void
    There's a message in it for you

The Noise of the Void video is dedicated to Thomas McMahan who died a few years ago. He directed some of their music videos like the one below:

Yes it's very

L̷̡̧̺̳̘̺̻͍̼͙̬̈́̈́͋͋̀͋͂̃̑̑ȋ̸̛͉̻̠̻̠͉̹̟͎̀̈̒͌͐͛̅̓̎̑̚ ̳̪͈ ̝m̵̰̺͔̫̖̀̃͌̐̐͠į̷̯͍̺̙̗̣̉͑̐̎͆͛̍͊̽̅̈́̅̚̕ͅn̷̛͆̑̌̎͛ ̱̘͕̘ ̨̨͍̦̭̪̙̜a̷̢̠͓͇̹̙̠̦̫̣̻̖̍͗͂͜ͅl̶̡̢̯̦̤̠͎̘̙̈́͑̆̿͘͝

Contrapoint's videos are very similar in style to this too.

You have the *leans in close to microphone* 𝘑𝘜𝘟𝘛𝘈𝘗𝘖𝘚𝘐𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕 ~ ʝųҳɬą℘ơʂıɬıơŋ ~ ᏠᏬጀᏖᏗᎮᎧᏕᎥᏖᎥᎧᏁ ~ ʝʊӼȶǟքօֆɨȶɨօռ of low/high class aesthetics too.
    .................................................. ..........NOI⊥ISOԀ∀⊥X∩ſ

The day I learnt of this word (probably A-level art) haunts us all. Almost as bad as A E S T H E T I C

When we were all to shy
    I looked inside the paper note in my pocket; a handmade design
    Your note of hope aside
    I watched your face crystalise as I dropped it
    You'd know that I had read every word
    You say you love
    Or you want to say you need to tell me something
    You didn't have to wait if you wanted to know my response

Two modern minds won't say what they want to
    To push a button in real time

To push a button in real time, with an undo
    To push a button in real time, with an undo
    To push a button, rewrite lies with an undo

And I watch you write
    You're still saying nothing
    And I watch you write
    And I watch you write
    Then I watch you write
    Nothing at all
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

What's that track this is sampling?

Yeah that's right. Classic lol.

This or remixes of it were everywhere at one point.

So y2k.

Eurodance brings me back to my childhood! Early 2000's kids will understand; This is all I knew of in terms of music!
    Also this song everyone loved this and went crazy lol (by this point this was an old song though came out in 1984 lol but for some reason everywhere in French campsite discos etc):

I had this ring I got from 50 cent machine at this one campsite in France when I was 12 that I always wore for years and years (almost 2 decades.) I had a lot of good memories there but it went missing somehow in either late 2019 or early 2020 (I noticed in 2020.) By that point I would only wear it when leaving the house. I was so careful with it for years and it really bums me out. People would always question why I always wore that one and extended family members would buy me rings over the years etc thinking 'oh they like rings' but they didn't get that I don't like rings I was wearing that one for a specific sentimental reason lol.

It's sad but a disproportionate number of happy memories of my childhood came from the 2-3 weeks I would go to France during the summer and it was pretty easy to make temporary friends until I got to like 14.

Oh yeah this song reminds me of arcade machines because I was playing some when I was... 7 maybe and there was this old TV up on a wall in the room that played this song:

I have no idea how many times the music video came on at least one lol but I feel like it was a bunch of times because I really liked it and remember.

Also reminds me of video games cause I think a bunch of ps1 music drew from that electronic sound. Like the weird trippy playstation magazine demo stuff (obviously you can hear the psychedelic influence here too):

There's another one as well that I had as a kid but I can't find more than a few seconds of the music/intro screen in different videos. Had a weird sludgy effect. A lot of ps1 stuff was kind of surreal and vaguely creepy which is cool lol. Wtf was this game:

Were they high? 'Oh I know we'll make a game where you play as a beachball tripping on acid' and then add vaguely sinister music. Middle Eastern alien techno with occasional horror movie strings (you can hear them now and then faintly in the background lol.) I played this a bunch lol.

Obviously the meme track lol:

A moment of silence for those who have asked for a song and have been sent here
    I love that the better majority of the internet has made a silent pact to keep this song alive across generations
    In 60 years somebody will request the name of a song and we'll gather here once more
    Lol.

Apparently searching for 'that famous Finnish song [might be pop might not]' isn't enough to get me what I'm looking for.

Finnish pop song train video worked though.

Yeah I didn't like this as much but also was everywhere:

Apparently this was their only music track.

And there's the other music track (by a different group,) that sounds like this track but isn't this track. Lol:

Just posting y2k era European music tracks lol.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.