Thread: New Member

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi All, I'm a newbie so hope I'm doing this correctly, my apologies if I haven't.

Here's a little insight into my life - living with anxiety

I'm 29 yr old female and have always been slightly more anxious than most of the people around me. I'm not sure why my first panic attack happened, it just seemed to appear out of the blue. It was one of the scariest moments I've ever had, for me though my attacks don't get any easier. I think I was 19 the first time I felt my heart beat out of my chest, I was so dizzy and light headed I felt I could pass out. I was taken to hospital convinced I was having a heart attack.

I've been on various beta-blockers and anti-depressants although I've explained to my doctor I don't feel depressed. I feel as though every day something terrible is going to happen or I have some sort of life-threatening illness. I have now been prescribed propranolol to take, I must confess though I haven't opened them, I seem to google everything lately and the reviews put me off. Some people have said they slow your heart rate too much, others say they make you feel calmer but don't stop the thoughts in your head. I figure what's the use if they cant help with the thoughts also.

I'm really hoping there is at least one other person that has symptoms similar to mine, trying to discuss it with 'normal' people is hard, they don't seem to understand how badly it affects my day to day life.

Lets hope we can all find the relief and help we need

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site!

I get nasty thoughts as well, although I haven't spoken to a doctor about taking medication or anything like that.
    I hope you can find the medication that suits your needs!

If you ever wanna chat just leave me a message

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hi, 8thWonderOfTheWorld!

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum! =]

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.