Thread: Hurt :(

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hurt :(

I had been wondering why people who used to be my friends at my last place of employment just stopped talking to me. I had someone who I thought was a friend just tell me to "get over it" and that she and others refuse to "take sides."

They all think I left solely because I "didn't get along with my supervisor." They were manipulated by her co-dependent victim [BEEP] and were forced to take sides. Now no one wants to even talk to me.

They don't even know that I quit to protect the kids.

They don't care.

I am once again the bad guy in a situation.

How the hell is this possible?

It hurts. It really hurts. I worked my [BEEP] off for the past 5 years and to just be told "get over it" and "go away" by people who I thought were friends.

I really hate life. I hate relationships. I hate even making friends or even thinking I have friends. I hate it all.

This world is so stupid.

Why does this world have to hurt so much?

I emailed this person who I thought was a friend because I wanted to just see if possibly a rumor or something had started over at the library. I've been worried that I was being bad-mouthed by the library to potential employers.

I also wanted to just ask why my friends seemed to suddenly no longer be friends with me.

I was told by one to just forgive and let it go. Forgive what? She is assuming the situation and doesn't even know why I left. She said she likes the supervisor. I never asked her to take sides. I never even mentioned why I left the job. In essence, she took a side already - took the side of believing whatever that woman said to her.

I really hate co-dependents who manipulate everyone around them. She convinced the director that I was [BEEP] and now the people who I thought were friends.

How could my life have gotten so screwed up within 3 months? Was I supposed to just take the bullying? Stay silent while I watched this person scream at the teens or break child protection laws and fire code laws? Is that what God is trying to tell me? That I should just bow down and take it all and stay silent?

I not only lost a job, a career, a home, and cats. I've lost friends. People who I thought were friends. People who I've known for over 5 years.

It hurts. It hurts big time.

I hate this life.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am proud of you for holding your ground, for doing the right thing and protecting those who needed protecting. You are only responsible for your actions and not that of others. It is not fair, you are a very strong person and in my opinion those who shot you down are week and not confident in themselves.

Personally I would rather be on my own knowing I have done the right thing!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    I am proud of you for holding your ground, for doing the right thing and protecting those who needed protecting. You are only responsible for your actions and not that of others. It is not fair, you are a very strong person and in my opinion those who shot you down are week and not confident in themselves.

Personally I would rather be on my own knowing I have done the right thing!
    My mind tells me I did the right thing. My heart hurts. I lost a lot of friends because they were swayed to think it was because they had to take sides and since they didn't want to lose their job, they decided to keep away from me.

At least I have some type of closure. It's not what I wanted to hear.

It's really hard sometimes to not let the hurt get to you. It's hard to always pick up your sword and fight. To say "oh well" and move on. I know I'll move on and just keep going. I always do.

But in this moment....it hurts.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My dear Cindy, I'm so sorry you were treated that way and are hurting. Some people can be real assholes. I am so sorry you are struggling and have lost so much. Lasair is right. You are a very strong person. The strongest person I know. You're such a wonderful person with a huge heart. Makes me angry that you must endure this. But I believe you will come out of this even stronger and better off than you were. I have faith and confidence that you will. I know these may just be words from the internet by a Carl Sagan fanatic science dude. But I consider you my friend. I mean what I say. I will be praying for you. The community is here for you.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    My dear Cindy, I'm so sorry you were treated that way and are hurting. Some people can be real assholes. I am so sorry you are struggling and have lost so much. Lasair is right. You are a very strong person. The strongest person I know. You're such a wonderful person with a huge heart. Makes me angry that you must endure this. But I believe you will come out of this even stronger and better off than you were. I have faith and confidence that you will. I know these may just be words from the internet by a Carl Sagan fanatic science dude. But I consider you my friend. I mean what I say. I will be praying for you. The community is here for you.
    Josh, you are way more than the Carl Sagan fanatic science dude. You are my friend and somebody who is dear to my heart. You all are.

Thank you for what you said.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I dun get people... It's all fucked up, I say. We're still living in times when people hurt each other and are out for solely themelves.
    I think it will be different one day.

I hope things get better for you soon.

I'll always be here to talk or support ya in any way I can. Least here on AS you've got people who care! Even if we are far away.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post

I dun get people... It's all fucked up, I say. We're still living in times when people hurt each other and are out for solely themelves.
    I think it will be different one day.

I hope things get better for you soon.

I'll always be here to talk or support ya in any way I can. Least here on AS you've got people who care! Even if we are far away.
    Thanks Skippy.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.